2003 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
Not So Grand AM
By Bill Mitchell on 08/10/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has got to be the poorest car investment I have ever made. My Grand Am 4 dr. SE as soon as I passed the 60,000 km Warranty the car has been biodegrading on the road. Paint has literally been flying off the bumpers and the doors as i drive At 70,000 Km my air conditioning quit and some type of relay switch in the blinker has gone when I turn the clicking noise of the blinker keeps going for 45-60 seconds after the turn is completed. The fog lamps in the front tend to come loose and point in strange directions I have used Duct tape to hold them in place When called the dealer and told them of my concerns she said Oh they are prone to those problems but bring it in Pay for an Inspection

1st Grand Am GT
By apple3006 on 08/05/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!!! I bought it with 21K miles still under warranty. Regular oil changes, tire rotations, etc. this car runs fine. I changed the battery and had work done under warranty just after purchasing, since then, no problems!! I work at a high end car retailer and wouldn't even think of buying from my job. Very reliable car, good engine,love the leather interior, moonroof and "moonsoon" stereo. I get tons of compliments about the chrome wheels too! Only wish it had more grip in the snow and ice, you have to drive carefully in the winter weather. Just a tad bit more HP would make this car better, but it's awesome!!

not a good car
By Karen on 04/23/06 06:20 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

do not buy! we have replaced the starter, battery, alternator, etc. in less than 3 months time. resell value stinks and you'll be top heavy!! but they are good on gas mileage.

Not happy
By Okay on 03/20/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my G.A. for 2.5 years and have had many problems. I have had them replace the radio 2 times for skipping, still skips. The suspension went out in the front a couple of months ago, and it is starting to rattle around AGAIN! When I hit a bump or RR tracks...it jumps around. I have to take it in again because my power steering fluid is leaking and the wheel is making a grinding noise. I have taken it back 3 times for GM to fix the back door, it rattles. GM had to replace the windshield molding bacuse it came off! I took it in FIVE x's because the seat belt light wouldnt turn off (even when buckled). They finally found a short under the seat! I have 35k and looking to trade it in!!

love my grand am
By paulette on 03/09/06 21:21 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it 2 years ago and I love it and don't what to part with it I am keeping it and passing it on to my kids

I am very pleased with this car!
By ferfer on 01/07/06 14:05 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car as my first "newer" car even though it is 3 years old, and I have yet to be dissapointed.....

Excellent choice
By Siryj on 11/23/05 00:18 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 03 G-A V6 from a Avis rental company over a year ago. I have not had 1 problem yet! The take off of this car is its best feature. From a light, be prepared to leave other cars in the dust if you press the gas down too hard.

Best car yet
By Siryj on 09/24/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 2003 SE1 with the V6 from a Avis rental fleet. I have had the car for over a year and I have NOT had one problem. The best thing about this car is the Torque. there aren't a lot of cars that will beat the Grand Am from a red light. My only complaint with the Grand Am is the limited room in the rear.

30th Anniversary Edition Ram Air
By Simpledlte on 08/31/05 04:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is totally awesome. It does everything but talk to me and it drives like a wet dream. Fast, Sporty, mine is bright red. My only complaint is speeding tickets! Owned it two years and all i have had to do is replace a fuse and routine oil changes. This car has embroidered leather power seats and all the whoopty doos you could want.

I love my Pontiac grand Am
By Stephanie on 08/20/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with my 03 Grand Am. It is dependable and comfortable. I have been in cars that ride a little smoother, but I would have never known mine rode hard if I had not test drove another car. I average about 22 MPG in the city and it could be better, but I am happy because the V6 really feels powerful compared to the 4 cyl.