2000 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
I'm gonna miss ya, 'Joey
By jleahcap on 03/09/11 10:18 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Grand Am in '99, and she's still with me at 133,000 miles. I Love getting into this car every time. The color (navy blue), the style. There are just too many things that are falling off - both side mirrors, the overhead light, no visible clock, back window goes half-way up/down depending on mood. It's a good thing I own this car, because I wouldn't be able to afford the repairs every 3-4 months if I had to make car payments. Giving up my Grand Am will be like losing my best friend - albeit a high-maintenance friend. If I could find a way to replace all these problems to make it run for another 10 years, I would in half-a-heartbeat.

the best car i have owned
By hotsnowfallsup88 on 09/16/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I love my gramd am. Sure a few things have gone wrong but nothing serious whatsoever. The check engine light goes on whenever I drive over a large bump in the road but my mechanic just said that's because something is getting stress put on it and sending a signal to the engine saying it needs to be fixed when it actually doesn't. Pontiacs have a lot of computer codes inside of the car and thats why a lot of these reviews say "my check engine light is always on". Other than that I love this car. It has a Nice pick-up and has awesome fuel economy.

Still Love the Ride
By Bob B. on 04/21/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

This is my second car, and my second Pontiac, and I'm going to stick with them. V6 has good power, but very smooth. Only downside is the gas mileage could be better with today's prices.

Loved my Car
By Kerrilynn on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new & drove it 60K miles until it was totalled after being hit at 60 MPH (I was doing 35) in a semi-T-bone on the drivers side by a DUI in a Tahoe. My injuries were less than expected considering it took jaws of life & 45 minutes to extract me. Both axles were broke off. But the car protected me and my passenger!! Car ran perfectly with zero problems. Big- O brakes never lasted long - was it them or the car?

Very good vehicle
By Dan C on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 4 yrs and drive the heck out of it with over 80k now. It's been through every state from east coast to TX and all kinds of weather with never a problem. I'm out with all the SUVs in the snow. I tow a 3,000lb boat, and the car performs like it's towing very little. The extent of my maintenance is that I've replaced tires once and brakes twice, a window and heat blower motor, some antifreeze wiper blades, lamps and of course many oil changes.

my new used car
By Mojogo20 on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I just got this car two weeks ago to replace a 2000 SE-1 which I got in January of this year and was totalled in an accident in September. I love this (these) car(s)! The handling, power, ride and styling are the best I have ever owned in a vehicle. The layout of the instrumentation and accessories are very user friendly and easy to understand and use.

good car
By Bobo13 on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

ive had the car for 2.5 years and have a couple of problems. I had to kick it in a nowhere back of the woods place in wisconsin cause a module blew on me. but after that ive had no problems cept that ive had to replace my brake pads every year.... but thats prob cause of my exsesive speeds and hard braking. IM prob gonna buy a mazda 6 for next car though....

Grand Am SE2
By ppotte on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I am really happy with this car. It has the 6 cylinder engine, and with a fairly light car, it has plenty of pickup and power. It is nice to drive. I like the traction control, it makes me feel quite safe in the rain. Overall, I like the car. I have had a couple of cooling systems problems, which I am told are expected due to the very high temperatures in Phoenix. Otherwise, everything else works just fine.

Good car but there's better out there
By mtnbiker44 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

It's a nice little car, but the quality could be better. Our company has leased many of these cars and we have had numerous electrical and brake problems. Other than that, not a bad little car. Personally I would get a Saturn, Honda, or Nissan instead (If I had to buy one).

Terrific from GM
By Rod72 on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I had left GM for many years and it took this car to bring me back singing its praises. It is both beautiful and quick and 30+ MPG is easy to take too. Had a hard time deciding between the Grand Prix and AM and am happy with the choice, because it handles lighter and quicker. GP is softer but still a great car also. Thanks Pontiac.