Used 2000 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Pretty Little Liar
By am_can_drift

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan

From the outside, this car looks amazing. It looks good on the inside and under the hood, too. But...this car was a repair boat for me and everyone I know who drove one. Granted, mine had 130k when I got it. In two months, I had repaired the fuel pump, head gasket, and transmission.
My aunt owned this, and also repaired a good deal on it, and she bought hers new. (water pump, transmission, radiator).
All in all this car did not live up to expectations at all. It falls into a class of "cheap sports cars", but also the "lemon category".

14yrs
By Joseph Cole

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan

I have had my Grand Am since oct of 2000... she had 13k miles on her. she now has close to 150k on her. just recently had problems with the engine. My timing guide snapped and now I replaced it bout to start her up and hope for the best. 14 yrs and she still has the same alternator and starter from factory. only had to replace the upper rad inlet n the bcm in the 14yrs I have had her. very good car. plan on keeping her till she all rusted out n can no longer drive.

design on the outside. so many ways I can change it with body kits n make it look nicer..

little more hp but im happy with it

My pontia saved my life.
By ferrellb

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

Yesterday I had a sever wreck. I totaled my pontiac going into a ditch. The car is the only thing that took a hit. I was able to get out of my pontiac with just a seat belt burn and a broken nail. I had no hospital bill as I am completely fine. I spun around in the ditch and came back on the road. This car is very safe and reliable car. My pontiac is destroyed and looks like those horrible accidents you see on the news where people were killed. My pontiac took all the beating for me and saved my life. If you are thinking about getting a first car for anyone, I recommend the pontiac it's very safe and reliable.

The heater is amazing and so is the radio and the body of this vehicle is built well and holds up well in a crash so you don't get hurt.

All I would say needs improved is how large the 2 doors were. I had issues opening them next to other cars.

Another Reliable Pontiac! :)
By ggaring2012

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Before buying my 2000 Grand Am, I owned a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire, and even though it was old and a little rough around the edges, it never failed me... even with having 250,000 miles on it! For that reason, I felt secure with purchasing another Pontiac, the Grand Am. I've had this car for 6 months without any major problems. I purchased it from a friend with 170,000 miles. It now has almost 180,000 miles on it, and I have only had to replace a wheel bearing, blower motor for the a/c, and the drive belt, which is expected from a car with that many miles. None of which were expensive at all! They are neat little cars and I plan to keep mine until it dies! Too bad they stopped making Pontiac's...

2.4L 4 cylinder motor, good gas mileage, great styling, sporty handling

This Car Has Been Great!
By kcx1992

2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 2dr Coupe

Over all this car has been so realiable to me. The body was in rough shape when I got the car, but it just keeps running. I bought the car in Summer 2010, it is now spring 2013, the car has 178,478 miles on it! Still kick ass. I've only had to replace a water pump (15 Dollars Brand New, Advanced Auto Parts), a starter (50 Dollars Brand new Ebay), & When I bought it the driver side window never worked. 70 dollars and an ebay search got me all new parts for both driver and passenger windows. Both work flawlessly now! also got two brand new headlights for 60 bucks, wasn't needed but wanted. LOVE THIS CAR! Still driving this car!

I've always liked the design of the inside of the car. But my favorite feature is the powerful, yet good on gas!

The only thing that should be improved is the emergency flasher button, sometimes I gotta giggle it to get my turn signal to come on.