Satisfied Buyer
By grandamboi on
1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan
I got my car in 2011 knowing it had a blown head with coolant leaking and rust in the water res. I got the car for $400 after talking the seller down 200. With income tax and a friend and myself doing the repairs to the car, we replaced intake manifold, shaved the heads, egr value, brake pads, water res, some tubes, and a few other things for well under 1k and now the car runs like new. I consider it a steal. Later the security bypass went haywire but the car is over 10 years old so I googled it. Was as simple as taking the radio out, cutting the car on, and cutting a wire...problem fixed. My next project is window regs and a/c compressor and mirror then the car will be fully restored.
Favorite Features
I love the sporty look of the car and the alloy wheels. It has a great motor and the best part is GM lost their mind when they made this car and made it simple to work on. Just glancing under the hood, you can see it is simple to get to the tranny, head, water pump, a/c compressor, etc. On most new model cars, it's hard just to change the battery much less all of that.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the side mirrors were not so cheap and that the dash did not fold under the sun heat so bad.