1999 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1999 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

SE Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
Fun little sports car!!
By Brandon on 04/12/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my grand am, but have had some problems with it. The window motors absolutely suck. I have had to replace both sides twice. The mirrors are also pretty flimsy. One of them broke off while getting a car wash. Otherwise i love driving it. It has a decent sound system and is very reliable.

The fun to drive universal Grand Am
By Seth on 07/26/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my Pontiac Grand Am se coupe. This car is great on gas on average I get 32 mpg or better on the highway. It is also very fun to drive it takes curves excellent and the ride for the most part is smooth.The display panels are also nice because they are easy to read and the cd player is easy to get to without having to take your eyes off of the road. The space in the car is another great thing. I have fit four guys there golf clubs and small luggage in the car for a weekend golf trip. I highly reccomend this car to anyone looking for an afforable 2 door car.

Great Car Reliable and fun
By aimee on 01/28/06 09:43 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car with 20,000 miles on it. I love it! It now has 112,000 miles on it. The idea of trading it in for a newer model saddens me. This car is perfect for a 16 year old or anyone looking for a reliable car with decent gas mileage.

Good Sporty Car
By Jacob on 09/17/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 49000 miles on it. The alternator went out at 65,000 miles, Both window regulators needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Do not open the windows if your car is iced over they will break. New front brakes at 77000 miles. Trac light comes on occasionaly. everything else is OK. Love the engine 3.4L , plenty of power, 27-32 mpg. Half the price of any similar Japanese car. Buy this car one year old and you will save a ton of money.

99 Pontiac Grand am is a good car!
By nathan santorello on 11/10/04 13:29 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

overall this car is really reliable and nice to drive. Some pros about this car is that its small but big enough to pick up some friends with it and stuff like that. I go back and forth to college and it really works great. i have had no big probelms with it. it goes really good through the winter with studded snow tires. also had really great interior. some cons about this car is that the light bulbs on it for some reason go out like every two weeks and i have to keep on replacing them. and the tires lose air a lot and my low traction light keeps coming on, but it does not cause a real big problem. otherwise, its a great car!

Excellent Car
By Clark Logan on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Our Grand Am was used but you can't tell. This is an excellent car, and we would'nt change a thing.

Go with Toyota
By 4nessa on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

'99 GrandAm purchased used in Feb. '01 in excellent condition (per my mechanic) since, the power windows have been replaced, the water pump, trouble with the breaks, the power mirrors don't work, and the cooling fan sensor has been replaced. It sure looks nice, but overall it's not worth the trouble. I'm buying a Toyota.

Take heed!
By ravon on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I am very torn with this car. Replaced rotors at 27K miles that were overtorqued at manufacture. Had to pay for a complete brake job even though the rotors caused premature wear on the pads. Same dealership would not replace my bad radio. Glad that I purchased the extended warranty. Had to use it twice in the last month at 55K miles for almost $3000 in repairs. Both front bearings have been replaced as has strut mount and rack and pinion and a rear control arm. Complained to Pontiac Corp and have basically been told, sorry, at 60,001 miles when my warranty runs out, I'm screwed. HOWEVER, when my car is not in the shop or on it's way to the shop, I love it.

Something to Think About
By Kasi on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I thought of 3 good things to say about the '99 that I own. It is a reliable car. It starts right up in the winter. It still turns heads (even for all the wrong reasons!). It has some good speed. However, I have had to bring it into the dealer 3 times for the same problem. The windows keep falling off track. Working windows are important. I have found that the apoxied plastic clips on the windows seem to come "unglued" or brittle in extreme temps. I have also had to change the brakes, rotors, and belts that should last. I am not completely dissatisfied, but I will think twice before I purchase another one. My only advise with this car is if you use your windows a lot, pass on this car.

BIG MISTAKE FROM UNHAPPY CUSTOMER
By Jessica Scott on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

If you are considering this car but having doubts Do Not Buy this vehicle. I made the mistake of buying a Grand Am brand new. I have had nothing but trouble. This car isn't even 3 years old yet and has been in the shop at least 5 times. It doesn't handle well at all in curves and the brakes and tires wear quickly.I urge you to Learn from my mistake.