Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Fun little sports car!!
By Brandon

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my grand am, but have had some problems with it. The window motors absolutely suck. I have had to replace both sides twice. The mirrors are also pretty flimsy. One of them broke off while getting a car wash. Otherwise i love driving it. It has a decent sound system and is very reliable.

Favorite Features

The way the car handles and the sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Make the body of the car better quality and fix the window motor problem.

The fun to drive universal Grand Am
By Seth

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my Pontiac Grand Am se coupe. This car is great on gas on average I get 32 mpg or better on the highway. It is also very fun to drive it takes curves excellent and the ride for the most part is smooth.The display panels are also nice because they are easy to read and the cd player is easy to get to without having to take your eyes off of the road. The space in the car is another great thing. I have fit four guys there golf clubs and small luggage in the car for a weekend golf trip. I highly reccomend this car to anyone looking for an afforable 2 door car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of the car would have to be the flip fold seats because it's so easy to transport large items. My second favorite is the storge units under the dash and next to the steering wheel there is also one above the rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Suggested imrovements would be the cup holders which are placed in front of the shifter on don't hold drinks above the med. or large bottles of water. The other would be the center console it should have a little more storage room.

Great Car Reliable and fun
By aimee

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car with 20,000 miles on it. I love it! It now has 112,000 miles on it. The idea of trading it in for a newer model saddens me. This car is perfect for a 16 year old or anyone looking for a reliable car with decent gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The car is sleek with design, and rides well.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint that I have about the car is that the noise level inside the car on a windy day.

Good Sporty Car
By Jacob

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 49000 miles on it. The alternator went out at 65,000 miles, Both window regulators needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Do not open the windows if your car is iced over they will break. New front brakes at 77000 miles. Trac light comes on occasionaly. everything else is OK. Love the engine 3.4L , plenty of power, 27-32 mpg. Half the price of any similar Japanese car. Buy this car one year old and you will save a ton of money.

Favorite Features

Power, Styling, Apperance,

Suggested Improvements

New window regulators!!!

99 Pontiac Grand am is a good car!
By nathan santorello

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

overall this car is really reliable and nice to drive. Some pros about this car is that its small but big enough to pick up some friends with it and stuff like that. I go back and forth to college and it really works great. i have had no big probelms with it. it goes really good through the winter with studded snow tires. also had really great interior. some cons about this car is that the light bulbs on it for some reason go out like every two weeks and i have to keep on replacing them. and the tires lose air a lot and my low traction light keeps coming on, but it does not cause a real big problem. otherwise, its a great car!

Favorite Features

Overall style of the car, attracts attention! and the trunk space is pretty good too. i can fit my ten inch subwoofer in there.

Suggested Improvements

the light bulbs. they keep blowing out for some reason. nothing else.