Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

It's been a champ
By PstarD

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

So let me begin this by saying that I love this car. This car has been in my family for 12 years. This is my first car which my father gave to me when I turned 16. He bought it used and the person before him beat on this car. Over the years my father has put a lot of miles over it due to traveling a lot for work and also going through the long Chicago winters doesn't help the car, but let me tell you this car was always reliable. It's had minor breakdowns like belts breaking but nothing major. The car has over 200,000 miles on it and it has had a lot of parts replaced due to maintenance. But after everything the car still runs like it's always ran.

My favorite features are probably the low end torque that you get at 2000 rpm. I also love the style and color of the car (which is purple) the roomy seats in the back and the buckets in the front are very comfortable. The rear cup holders. The speakers and the handling

The carpet and seat material. Better air conditioner because mine broke. The molding to stay on better because the clips break. And the chrome around the car because it is gone due to Chicago winters.

Great Grand Am
By thestig

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Bought the V6, automatic coupe as a lease-return in 1996. Has been very reliable, never left me stranded, no major issues. IMO, still one of the best looking cars out there! Good straight line performance. Door panels starting to crack around screws (hard plastic and -40C do not mix!), some rust starting around wheel wells. Starts in -40C weather without being plugged in (do not recommend!) Will hate to see it go, but the family is expanding so it's days are numbered!

Looks, performance, fuel economy (30+ mpg hwy), reliability, ABS, factory fog lights, lots of storage compartments.

Seats lack any lumbar support, hard, very low to ground (hard for pregnant wife to get in and out of!), no passenger air bag, brake feel has always been mushy, not a performer around corners.

My frist new car
By dynapackardcomcast.n

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my grand am I bought it new and drove it for eleven years never had any thing go wrong with it . great gas mileage, I gave it to my daughter this year and bought a new one. I changed the oil as to the manufacture and had all the maintenance done that is suggested. I replaced the tires at 75,000 miles. This car was made to last. It has good get up and go for a four banger.

The style and the color aqua I love it

the lighter in the ash tray when I charged my cell phone I forgot to replace it and a penny went down in it and shorted it out.

Great Car
By LovePontiacs!

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. I drove it for three years before I decided to get an SUV. There were never any problems other than something with the ABS. Tires wore great after all the miles. Held up great. Every time I cleaned it, it looked NEW! Motor was extremely quiet and dependable. Got tons of looks back then!

Body, V6 engine.

Make 'em like you did in '95!!!

3.1 = NO FUN
By HUSKRCRT

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Hi, I bought my 95 Grand Am back in 97, with 15,000 miles and was very pleased with the style of the car and the gas mileage. I routinely got 34mpg on the highway. The only thing that was bad about the car was the engine. I replaced the head gasket 2 times and after the 3rd I decided it was "3 strikes You're OUT" and junked it at 150,000 miles in July of 94. The body still looked like new, and everything else was in great mechanical shape. The first time the headgasket went it was under warranty, but #2 cost me $1,000 and I was told #3 was going to be more.

Color, style, gas mileage