1995 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
It's been a champ
By PstarD on 12/05/08 16:49 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

So let me begin this by saying that I love this car. This car has been in my family for 12 years. This is my first car which my father gave to me when I turned 16. He bought it used and the person before him beat on this car. Over the years my father has put a lot of miles over it due to traveling a lot for work and also going through the long Chicago winters doesn't help the car, but let me tell you this car was always reliable. It's had minor breakdowns like belts breaking but nothing major. The car has over 200,000 miles on it and it has had a lot of parts replaced due to maintenance. But after everything the car still runs like it's always ran.

Great Grand Am
By thestig on 03/29/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Bought the V6, automatic coupe as a lease-return in 1996. Has been very reliable, never left me stranded, no major issues. IMO, still one of the best looking cars out there! Good straight line performance. Door panels starting to crack around screws (hard plastic and -40C do not mix!), some rust starting around wheel wells. Starts in -40C weather without being plugged in (do not recommend!) Will hate to see it go, but the family is expanding so it's days are numbered!

My frist new car
By dynapackardcomcast.n on 10/27/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I love my grand am I bought it new and drove it for eleven years never had any thing go wrong with it . great gas mileage, I gave it to my daughter this year and bought a new one. I changed the oil as to the manufacture and had all the maintenance done that is suggested. I replaced the tires at 75,000 miles. This car was made to last. It has good get up and go for a four banger.

Great Car
By LovePontiacs! on 08/02/05 00:40 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. I drove it for three years before I decided to get an SUV. There were never any problems other than something with the ABS. Tires wore great after all the miles. Held up great. Every time I cleaned it, it looked NEW! Motor was extremely quiet and dependable. Got tons of looks back then!

3.1 = NO FUN
By HUSKRCRT on 05/13/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Hi, I bought my 95 Grand Am back in 97, with 15,000 miles and was very pleased with the style of the car and the gas mileage. I routinely got 34mpg on the highway. The only thing that was bad about the car was the engine. I replaced the head gasket 2 times and after the 3rd I decided it was "3 strikes You're OUT" and junked it at 150,000 miles in July of 94. The body still looked like new, and everything else was in great mechanical shape. The first time the headgasket went it was under warranty, but #2 cost me $1,000 and I was told #3 was going to be more.

Best car for buck
By Jesse Graves on 02/02/05 15:25 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I got my grand am for my first car at first I was thinking I was just going to have it until I could afford a truck. Then I fell in love with the car. Having the 5 speed makes it so you feel like park of the car. Since I fell in love with my car I have done many sound systems through it which led me to start my own business. I had the windows tinted and custom graphics put on I also work at a graphics shop now. I put rims on it and a few other little things and it seems like a different car. It went from just another Grand Am to a GranDAMN. Yes thats kinda chessy but it works.

Reliable for me
By GM fan on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Had my 95 SE coupe since new. 3.1 l with auto tranny. Unfortunately the 5 speed was unavailable in California. Only things I have had to do were routine maintanence. One battery, one alternator, and one set of tires, and one set of brake pads for 50k is totally within reason. Combined city/hwy mileage has been steadily at 22-24mpg. Had as high as 33 in straight Hwy miles. Reliability has been excellant. Can't see why it's resale value is so low. I'm saving this thing for my daughter.

Bad engine
By ern on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Lots of problems. Mostly with the Quad 4 engine. Bought at 79,000 miles. since then I've had to replace teh head gasket ($900), Heater core ($400), oil pressure sensor, ($80), ignition housing ($200), and the head gasket is out agian!!. Don't run it over 85,000 miles.

I will Miss this Car when it's gone :-(
By Alikat on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I will never own another car that is quite like my grand am. It was my second car and not once has it given me any real trouble. I just had to replace the battery after almost 4 years owning it and who knows if it had been replaced before me. I got it after my first car, a cavalier, decided to die on me. Now that was a lemon!!! Everything went wrong with that car. This car has been awesome and I must say where I got if from (Nucar Pontiac) will be getting a repeat customer for sure. This car has been through alot with me and I will always cherish it for as long as I live.

Going Bad
By grandamlover on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned my grand am for 6 years and never had any real trouble until now. I just hit 90K miles and the engine is going to blow anyday now! There are metal shavings in the oil and I get almost no power when the gas pedal is pushed. I've loved this car and it's been well taken care of. So far, it's required nothing more than routine maintainence- oil, brakes, tires, etc. However, my automatic locks do not unlock anymore, the headlights and blinkers work sometimes and not others, and one fog light is missing because the plastic casing is melted from the light. The exterior and interior are still in great condition.