Why I'm keeping it!
By jot1 on
1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan
Mine is a '94 Grand Am SE V6 sedan, automatic. I bought it less than two years ago with 236,000 mi. verified by CarFax. There were two prior owners. The interior and trunk are in showroom condition. There is no rust and the paint is original. I have had no problems, get 35 mpg and use no oil between changes. I cannot see buying a new car that has 4 cylinders or a V6 and gets the same or less mileage.
Favorite Features
Auto trans, four doors, tilt wheel, and V6 engine. Looks especially sharp with dark tinted windows. I live in Texas desert country!
Suggested Improvements
Could have better front bucket seats. Mine set too low.
By joethecargeek
on 01/23/12 11:52 AM (PST)

I also have a 94 grand am i bought with 178000 on it and also has the v6 witch seemed to sell well at the time when thee liters of gas and a coffee was no sweat with a five in your pocket. I would also prefer the inline4 . seems the 6s have some breathing issues due to a narrow exhaust and a lot of gas to expel. the 1st gen catalytic converter doesn't help. in my postal code i don't need a cat. so i put i test pie through with some help from K&n. and watch the mileage sore. I get around 43 mpg. a little transmission oil (about7oz /fill) in the gas tank also help a bit more for compression.