1994 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Review: Hey the GT is great

1994 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Review

GT Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Hey the GT is great
By GT enforcer on

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan

I have to say my '94 Grand Am GT is great. I just bought it six months ago with 112,000 miles and I've put 15,000 miles on it with no major repairs, just brake rotors. I don't like the interior of the car. The cup holders are built into a fold down compartment above the glove box that bounces around on bumps, causing spills. Something in my dash rattles too. I don't like the power window buttons in the center console either. The V6 is awesome. I don't NEED any more power than I have, and I average 28 miles per gallon. The engine is a little shaky, especially at low RPMs. My fuel gauge doesn't work. Only minor design flaws. The car is definately worth what I paid for it though.

V6, Somewhat sporty look, Comfortable seats (for tall people anyway). Great performance for the price tag. If it isn't a V6 though don't buy it. I've heard many horror stories about the 4 cyl.

Aftermarket parts. All I can find is a K&N air filter and a lowering kit. The dash is pretty bad, go with the '95 model if you can. Since I have an automatic I wish it had overdrive. From what I've heard this car is a death trap in accidents, for the driver anyway.