Used 1994 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Pontiac Grand-am - Consumer Reviews

1994 Pontiac Grand Am

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

I great running car, with lots of spunk!
By stevey_frac

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

This is the second Grand Am i've owned from this model series and it's been just as nice as the first one i owned. I'm a 19 year old going through engineering so i couldn't either afford an expensive foreing car nor something that would break down. it has ample power and torque, and the fuel economy on the highway us great. If i do nothing but hwy driving i can get 750 km/s to a tank! My car has all the creature comforts, Leather interior, power windows, power mirrors, you name it. Everything has been fine. You should definatly opt for the 6 cyl... these engines don't die!

Favorite Features

V6 reliability Head turning 2dr style The way you can sqeaul like crazy off the line and not even mean to The cupholders are amazing...!! nothing will ever spill out of them

Suggested Improvements

I think the interior components could use a bit of fit and finish, but that's being really picky.

GrandAm
By JoeJD

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 94,000 miles and it had an engine rebuild. It is now 10 monthes later and 123,000mi. and this car has been extremely reliable. The only work i have done to it has been oil changes! The windows dont work properly which people that i know with a grand am 1994-1997 have the problem as well. This car gets great gas mileage, however i'm told the quad four engine is very unreliable (i guess the owner before expierenced all the downfalls and i have it made!). It goes 112 and the governer hasn't kicked on.

Favorite Features

Window buttons located in the middle, shifter is on the floor instead of steering wheel, great speakers, bucket seats, all the glove compartments, sounds better then any other of those forign cars at this age and mileage!

Suggested Improvements

faulty windows, more power (quad four)

Very reliable and peppy
By Yves

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable car to date with mostly routine maintenance at expected times/mileage. Of note were the need to replace the EGR valve (sticking) at 40,000 mi, the flywheel (apparently coming apart) at 35,000 mi and the head gasket (leaking oil) at 50,000 mi. This car has the getup and go to pass big trucks on two-lane roads in short order. It handles very well (sport suspension package) and is comfortable for the long haul. The battry saver feature has saved me from a dead battery on several occasions. It is currently running very well and I have no complaints.

Favorite Features

V6 enbgine for the power and cruise control for the fuel economy. Power everything makes it a turn-the-ignition and forget the fiddling type driving.

Suggested Improvements

Occasional frame creaks caused by poor design that are apparent when turning on uneven terrain.

Laurens Grand AM
By strz0410

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

My Grand Am was perfect when I bought it. But then the speakers started squeaking, and the transmission had to be redone. Now, I need a new exhaust system, new struts because they leak, the serpentine belt is cracking and the gas tank has a huge leak in it. I've put almost the same amount into the car as what I paid for it.

my baby
By fieryscarlett

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

I Love My Car!!

Favorite Features

The Whole Thing!

Suggested Improvements

None!