1994 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
Great Car
By lamp249 on 12/27/06 20:25 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

This is a great car to drive. Its reliable, comfortable, and has some power. With its good looks and nice motor, it is the perfect car for anyone.

Great Car
By Love this Car! on 06/08/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

Bought used as third car but drive it the most. Love the power, handling and reliability. Built for a guy. I'm 6'2"/ 240 lbs but have no problem getting in and out. Innovative features like cup holder folding down from dashboard. A smaller car with relatively big engine means it doesn't have to work too hard and has therefore held up well. Great value in used car market which is also a problem- probably have to drive into the ground because can't sell for anything- too bad great car.

Fun car to drive
By Jordan Mulder on 03/06/06 14:11 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 4 months ago with about 123,000 miles on it. I had to fix the steering collum and some minor things but this car is really aewsome. Great speed with the V6 engine. This car is so much fun to drive. the power windows are a little slow but that is common. I got a really good deal it was 950.00 dollars.

One of my 2 favorite cars
By Vinterskugge on 02/20/06 19:45 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

I got this car used about 6 years ago. It was like new then and still runs excellent. This car is a lot of fun to drive, and I can say this as someone who also owns a 2001 Trans Am WS6. Although the Grand Am GT is no muscle car, it is light and sporty, and the stiff suspension gives it excellent handling. This car is also beautiful. Sporty-looking, yet classy. Nice low profile. Much better looking than newer Grand Ams. It also has the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever sat in.

Still works with 120,000 miles
By Jason Houghton on 11/04/05 11:39 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

This is my wifes car, she lovesit but here are the repairs: electrical problems shorting out accessories. AC Compressor, lots of batteries, right window electrical,cluth assembly, radiator and thermostat (overheated alot showing no problems)3 sets of brakes, use only synthetic oil so engine is super, truck leakage, key sticking, the list goes on for 10 years. I bought a new 2005 Japanese Scion all parts Japanese, I can't support American car makers anymore. Their is no pride of workmanship or real quality or value for the price. My 20 yr old buick No issues thats the only American I will support. I'm from UK. Thanks

Never had a problem
By lynnhoughton on 11/04/05 11:13 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am Se 4d sedan, with 120,000 miles. I have never had a problem with this car. I did have to replace a few things just from age, but other than that it has been a great little car; manual transmission so it's great with gas mileage as well.

very good
By pontiac-man05 on 07/08/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

well after my pontiac 600 hit the dust, i bought a 94 grand am gt coupe and its much more raliable and also faster. it hasnt had any real issues, just had to fix a window regulator and currently my keys get stuck at times, but nothing thats big.

Think Twice
By LMN on 01/22/05 18:18 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

Hopefully, I can still write my review. I no longer own this car, but did from new in 9/94 until around December 2001. The warranty was 36,000K and in that time nothing went wrong. Then, at around 50,000K it needed a new transmission. With payments still left, better fix it. We only got about 44,000K more out of it and it needed another transmission!!! We got a used one (to save money) had it installed and got rid of it! I have no complaints about the interior; ours was pretty comfortable (velvet cloth type) and the ride was pretty comfortable. The parts weren't too plastic... just the tranny was!

Been Good to Us
By joe on 01/03/05 19:50 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car 3rd hand w/107000k and have been very happy with it. Minor repairs; egr valve, o2 sensor, fan belt, brakes. Have kept regular maintenance done every 5000k. Has some oil leaks, but found something to fix that up. Car has over 240000k at this point and we hope to get another 6 months before we replace it.

I got a good one!
By Jake on 12/08/04 19:07 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a dealership a year and a half ago. It had 103k on it. I am on the second owner. It now has 123k and the only thing I have done is changed the oil and had to re-charge the A/C at 110k. There is now a sound coming from the right front tire, I am told it is probably a bearing or joint and will cost about $150 to replace. The V6 has great power and has given me no problems. The power drivers window is a little slow but am told this is common on this car. This car has done me great!