Used 1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Alright little car
By as3567

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used in February 2014 with 180,000 miles on it for $950. Since then we had to replace the head gaskets, fuel pump, brake pads, power steering belt and pulley. It all totaled to be about $3000 to $4000. The driver window is off balance, so it rolls up weird an the passenger door lock actuator is out. Other than that, its a great little car. Sub-par gas mileage but very sporty looking.

Styling, value for money

low gas mileage, bad wiring for dash lights, small tires, uncomfortable seats, weird place for cup holders, no tachometer, seatbelts in door?

good old car
By larry4250

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When I bouught the car it was pretty rough, 193k miles, no AC, passenger power window not in working condition, very sticky ignition, motor mount rattle, leaky sun roof, headliner falling down,,,,,you name the problem and this car was probably suffering from it. I have drove this car for several months now and have invested several hundred dollars to make the needed improvements, and it is very clear that my car was simply not taken care of. it now has well over 205k miles on it and still going strong. cranks right up in the cold without hesitation, does not use any oil, and offers about 32 Hmpg. Over all its a good old car, fun to drive and does great on gas.

love the 5-speed manual shift, very fun and easy to drive Has a decent amount of power for a little Quad-4

would be better with a hand E-brake AC compressor seems to be a common problem (like with any old car, unless you find one in excellent shape, be prepared to sink a little money into it)

Great Cat
By BirdieSeeker

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new and it now has 240,000 miles on it. Never had any major problems other than AC and always gets around 35mpg with 5 speed manual and quad 4. Some rust started to show after 13 years over the rear wheels and had to replace radiator and cat. conv. recently. Have taken good care of it and it has taken good care of us.

Reliable, sporty, MPG

better AC compressor

Good Car
By Cameo94

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with only 73000 miles in 05. Been very reliable, has never left me high and dry. Does have a small oil leak which I was told were loose bolts on the oil pan and needed to be tightened. Developed lifter noise last year from age but dosen't disappoint. The column went out and the wheel ended up in my lap one day but that was pretty cheap to fix. Other than that this car continues to perform excellent and I can't see myself getting rid of it. Very fun car to drive and it can withstand a beating and handle itself on rough dirt roads.

I adore the front seats! They are so comfortable and hug my body perfectly! Not to big but still roomy. Large trunk space.

As clever as it is to hide cup holders in the glove box drinks spill at every turn and bump. The doors on the coupe are big and heavy. I get amazing gas milage on the highway but in stop and go traffic-not so great. The backseats aren't comfty at all.

Reliable until it isnt
By jwill

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This was my 1st car and I went out of my way to baby it. Bought it at 55k and had no problems until about 75k. The biggest issue I had was that the clamp that keeps the battery charged while driving would loosen and my car would die when you I would come to a stop. This happened about 10 times and I took it to several mechanics that never could seem to figure it out, so the dealer charged $2k and got it done. Traded this thing in for $500 and felt like I ripped the dealer off.

Looks, Hidden drug compartment

Since Pontiac is now officially done, I think GM has already done the car buying public a favor.