1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
good old car
By larry4250 on 01/24/12 15:19 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When I bouught the car it was pretty rough, 193k miles, no AC, passenger power window not in working condition, very sticky ignition, motor mount rattle, leaky sun roof, headliner falling down,,,,,you name the problem and this car was probably suffering from it. I have drove this car for several months now and have invested several hundred dollars to make the needed improvements, and it is very clear that my car was simply not taken care of. it now has well over 205k miles on it and still going strong. cranks right up in the cold without hesitation, does not use any oil, and offers about 32 Hmpg. Over all its a good old car, fun to drive and does great on gas.

Great Cat
By BirdieSeeker on 07/07/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new and it now has 240,000 miles on it. Never had any major problems other than AC and always gets around 35mpg with 5 speed manual and quad 4. Some rust started to show after 13 years over the rear wheels and had to replace radiator and cat. conv. recently. Have taken good care of it and it has taken good care of us.

Good Car
By Cameo94 on 05/20/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with only 73000 miles in 05. Been very reliable, has never left me high and dry. Does have a small oil leak which I was told were loose bolts on the oil pan and needed to be tightened. Developed lifter noise last year from age but dosen't disappoint. The column went out and the wheel ended up in my lap one day but that was pretty cheap to fix. Other than that this car continues to perform excellent and I can't see myself getting rid of it. Very fun car to drive and it can withstand a beating and handle itself on rough dirt roads.

Reliable until it isnt
By jwill on 04/30/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This was my 1st car and I went out of my way to baby it. Bought it at 55k and had no problems until about 75k. The biggest issue I had was that the clamp that keeps the battery charged while driving would loosen and my car would die when you I would come to a stop. This happened about 10 times and I took it to several mechanics that never could seem to figure it out, so the dealer charged $2k and got it done. Traded this thing in for $500 and felt like I ripped the dealer off.

Why is my car leaking water?
By Bertie1 on 08/21/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been the best car until recently, started to overheat fan wasn't running, fixed that, fixed sensor heat core dry, Water leaking into the driver's side, can't see it or feel it but floor gets flooded.

Great Car
By lamp249 on 12/27/06 20:25 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is a great car to drive. Its reliable, comfortable, and has some power. With its good looks and nice motor, it is the perfect car for anyone.

Great Car
By Love this Car! on 06/08/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought used as third car but drive it the most. Love the power, handling and reliability. Built for a guy. I'm 6'2"/ 240 lbs but have no problem getting in and out. Innovative features like cup holder folding down from dashboard. A smaller car with relatively big engine means it doesn't have to work too hard and has therefore held up well. Great value in used car market which is also a problem- probably have to drive into the ground because can't sell for anything- too bad great car.

One of my 2 favorite cars
By Vinterskugge on 02/20/06 19:45 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I got this car used about 6 years ago. It was like new then and still runs excellent. This car is a lot of fun to drive, and I can say this as someone who also owns a 2001 Trans Am WS6. Although the Grand Am GT is no muscle car, it is light and sporty, and the stiff suspension gives it excellent handling. This car is also beautiful. Sporty-looking, yet classy. Nice low profile. Much better looking than newer Grand Ams. It also has the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever sat in.

very good
By pontiac-man05 on 07/08/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

well after my pontiac 600 hit the dust, i bought a 94 grand am gt coupe and its much more raliable and also faster. it hasnt had any real issues, just had to fix a window regulator and currently my keys get stuck at times, but nothing thats big.

Best mid-sized car (my opinion)
By tewksbury on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

The best car I have ever owned. I have 139,000 and repairs have been minimal. Also, I use only Mobil gasoline. I have owned since new.