Used 1994 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Alright little car
By as3567

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used in February 2014 with 180,000 miles on it for $950. Since then we had to replace the head gaskets, fuel pump, brake pads, power steering belt and pulley. It all totaled to be about $3000 to $4000. The driver window is off balance, so it rolls up weird an the passenger door lock actuator is out. Other than that, its a great little car. Sub-par gas mileage but very sporty looking.

Styling, value for money

low gas mileage, bad wiring for dash lights, small tires, uncomfortable seats, weird place for cup holders, no tachometer, seatbelts in door?

good old car
By larry4250

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

When I bouught the car it was pretty rough, 193k miles, no AC, passenger power window not in working condition, very sticky ignition, motor mount rattle, leaky sun roof, headliner falling down,,,,,you name the problem and this car was probably suffering from it. I have drove this car for several months now and have invested several hundred dollars to make the needed improvements, and it is very clear that my car was simply not taken care of. it now has well over 205k miles on it and still going strong. cranks right up in the cold without hesitation, does not use any oil, and offers about 32 Hmpg. Over all its a good old car, fun to drive and does great on gas.

love the 5-speed manual shift, very fun and easy to drive Has a decent amount of power for a little Quad-4

would be better with a hand E-brake AC compressor seems to be a common problem (like with any old car, unless you find one in excellent shape, be prepared to sink a little money into it)

Why I'm keeping it!
By jot1

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

Mine is a '94 Grand Am SE V6 sedan, automatic. I bought it less than two years ago with 236,000 mi. verified by CarFax. There were two prior owners. The interior and trunk are in showroom condition. There is no rust and the paint is original. I have had no problems, get 35 mpg and use no oil between changes. I cannot see buying a new car that has 4 cylinders or a V6 and gets the same or less mileage.

Auto trans, four doors, tilt wheel, and V6 engine. Looks especially sharp with dark tinted windows. I live in Texas desert country!

Could have better front bucket seats. Mine set too low.

Grand Am SE
By amandasb

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I turned 16. It made me through high school & I am now a senior in college, over three hours away from home. Had to replace head gaskets around 95,000, alternator at 120,000, muffler at 135,000, and radiator at 145,000, but other than that, this car has been AMAZING! My power windows aren't exactly functional- I now have a crank window on my driver's side due to replacing the motor so often, and the back windows never go down anymore, but other than that, I love this car. I also had the typical water in the front (due to faulty windshield replacement), and I use about a quart of oil in between changes. I'll be sad to get rid of this car- it's been nothing short of great!

V6 engine- it GOES, front seats, large trunk, nice sound system. Overall, this car is my favorite of anything I've driven.

The EGR valve & head gaskets. Also, make it easier to work on and get to things.

Great Cat
By BirdieSeeker

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new and it now has 240,000 miles on it. Never had any major problems other than AC and always gets around 35mpg with 5 speed manual and quad 4. Some rust started to show after 13 years over the rear wheels and had to replace radiator and cat. conv. recently. Have taken good care of it and it has taken good care of us.

Reliable, sporty, MPG