1992 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
Still sucks
By Mark L. on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years now and the thing is still a piece of junk. At 25,000 I had to have the trans rebuilt. I am on my fourth set of tires and brakes. The car currently has 99,000 miles on it and it has a broken window track, auotmatic lockup torque converter is stuck (makes a great grinding noise!), something is wrong with the electrical and the engines idles up and down, and the car locks it's doors when it feels like it.

Only Car I will ever drive!
By Flyest on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

The Pontiac Grand Am will be the only car I will ever own. This car is very dependable, very sporty, has a great interior design...its just a great car! I brought it used with 99,000 miles on it and it is worth every penny. I would recommend a Grand Am to anyone.

Not bad
By loopie on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

A great car all around

Good Investment, but occasional hangups
By A Begarly on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I've had my car for 7 years. Biggest problem was the head gasket. Some problems with the electrical coil. Actually runs well on 3 cylinders (due to coil malfunction). I really love my car. It now has 203,000 miles on it and runs very well. with so much miles you can bet on some problems, but the car has never broke down and left me stranded. It also starts on little juice.

good ride
By brian on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I just got this ride it is fun to drive and it is in really good shape.

good ride
By Brian on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I just got this ride it is fun to drive and it is in really good shape.

Not much
By Angela Brown on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

Once you get 100,000 mile, get rid of the car. Maintenence will kill you.

Glad its gone
By arty on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

Replaced transmission, brakes, 4 alternators,3 distributors, steering, ignition,4 batteries, steering wheel lock, 2 clutch, fuses for horn and lighter continually blow, outside rubber panels on the side of the vehicle paint is gone, Leaks into the inside the car Placement of the engine makes it hard to work on without removing the manifold

worked great for the first year
By caper on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in march of 2001. Good thing it had a warranty, because 2 days after I bought it the lifters went. A oxygen hose sensor also broke, and just recently (about 3 months ago it blew a headgasket. This was stemmed from the car overheating due to two faulty coolant fans. Luckily I did the work to this car myself, and saved myself about $2000.00. When this car runs, it runs great, but if it starts to break down, look out. It is a very sharp looking car and turns all the ladies heads, but the Quad 4 is a total peice of junk!! This car should have been a total recall.

Ten Years and Still Going
By JeffT on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

Great ride, lots of extras were standard. This was the first year of the redesign that is still being used today! V6 is a must! Would recommend purchasing another one.