1991 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
easy fix
By holtz on 03/15/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe

I had the car for a year and a half. I bought the car with 104,000 and now have 144,000. I put a lot of mile on it. there are a few thins that I had to fix. I replaced the valve gasket twice, replaced the egr valve, alternator, overdrive sensor and battery. other than that just the normal maintenance.runs great. Paints coming off and is starting to rust. my average mpg is 20-23.

great car
By holtz on 03/05/10 18:17 PM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe

I have had the car for a year and a half.Had very little problems. changed the egr valve, valve cover gasket, alternator. but very easy to work on.

love it
By Adam on 03/03/07 01:29 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for about two years now and it has been an absolute joy. Minus a few repairs (mostly electrical) it has run great since i got it... it was in bad shape when i bought it but still ran hwy speeds for a month or two before i could get it fixed... come to find out the ignition coil was bad and it had been running on only one cylinder! i was very impressed. currently at about 106k miles and still going strong. very peppy it has the mpg of a four cylinder and the power of a 6. all around good car, very reliable, great cold starter, took a deer hit with no more than a broken headlight. for the price it couldn't be beat!

Good and Solid
By rogue_77 on 11/17/04 00:33 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe

I've had my '91 Grand Am since about '97. Got it with 89K miles on it, currently about 140K. I've almost beat the heck out of this thing and dispite that its still been good to me. Nice and solid, parts are easy to get to, good runner. Pretty reliable. I plan to drive this thing into the ground...

Break Down
By MC on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe

I had a terrible time with this car. Thank God for AAA. I had 4 repairs in 6 months. Starter went, Window derailed, Overheated twice, which warped the engine, and is now worthless. Car only has 85000 miles, only got 25 mpg with 4cyl, very little room in back seat. Not vey satisfied with this car.