2009 Pontiac G8 Consumer Review: Ultimate Sleeper

2009 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Review

GXP Sedan (6.2L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Ultimate Sleeper
By sleepercity on

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car. Was looking for a toy and almost went with a Vette, but have always loved sleepers (cars that 'surprise' without looking like they should). So much fun and the expressions are priceless, although not usually around to see them unless I catch a light further up the road. My overpowering thought when I leave someone in the dust is 'google it. G8GXP'. Sooo much fun, yet very drivable and comfortable on the road. Best MPH on a trip is just under 25, but like others have said, 'who cares'. BTW, I have the 6 speed manual. The drop down wouldn't let me choose.

Performance and handling, plus overall extremely good drive-ability and comfort. Solid body and still no rattles after 20K. Zero issues so far.

Anything with HP means you're naturally looking for more, but superchargers, etc will put you into the super-car leagues, so no worries. I see the Aussies have come up with their version in the Commodore sedan with the Vette's Z06 power plant. For the 140K price tag they're talking about I'll stick with modifying my GXP. Seriously, the radio sucks (too much bass), but what GM car has a good one, stock? More seriously, I wish they had opted for seating with more lateral support. I had a Grand Prix GXP and the seats were superior in that area.