2009 Pontiac G8 Consumer Review: Great sports car with room ins

2009 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Review

GT Sedan (6.0L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Great sports car with room inside
By anchorage on

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

2009 G8 GT owned 2 months 19K miles 6' tall 250 lbs male (me) This a great sports car. I bought it after buying and then having to sell an Audi S4 (I can't use a manual due to a bad knee). The G8 is very fast and has a great automatic transmission. The seats are great and the interior is large enough for adult people who are larger than a size medium, unlike most sporty cars. Factory autostart has a range of about 25 feet line of sight. This car would be perfect if it had 2 inches more ground clearance, AWD, and better visiblity.

Power. Lots of it and it's available all the time. Handles very well, responding quickly to steering but feels very composed and controlled. Brakes are wonderful as well if not racing. The seats are very comfortable and fully adjustable except for the back angle. Lots of room inside for large adults. I fit in the front and comfortable in the back when the front seat is adjusted for me. Baby seat for my 2 year old sits perfectly in the middle of the seats and has a seat tether for 3 point attachment. Attachment points in trunk for a net to control bags and luggage.

Poor visibility in blind spots to the side. Very low clearance. I got very stuck in 2 feet of unplowed snow this winter. It needs studded winter tires, the studless blizzak lm60 tires while rated to 130 mph are useless on any type of ice though the are adequate in light snow. They were the only tires that came with the car. They are fine in summer though. NO Spare thought there is space for one in the trunk just a compressor with tire sealant. I doubt that would work when it's 5 below zero. Factory radio reception not wonderful and impossible to replace due to integration with Heat and Air con controls