2009 Pontiac G8 Consumer Review: So far, so good

2009 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Review

GT Sedan (6.0L V8 6-speed Automatic)

So far, so good
By dmblystone14 on

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought my G8 GT 4 months ago, though I've been looking for one for over a year and a half. I originally wanted one when they were new but they were a little too expensive so I went with a used Grand Prix GXP (big mistake). So far I love this car. I get "nice car" comments weekly, even by my local GM/ex-Pontiac dealer who apparently doesn't get to service too many of these. If you are looking for performance and value you really can't beat this. For a new car with this performance you'd easily spend $35k.

The exterior styling is awesome, aggressive but still understated, definitely a sleeper. The performance for the $ is unmatched. This thing can run with cars 2 or 3 times it's price including any BMW and any Dodge Charger/Challenger. The sound system is top notch, definitely sounds like an expensive aftermarket system. The reliability has been great albeit from a small sample size. Just had it serviced for the first time with a 4 wheel alignment, oil change, and rear brake pads. But these things are maintenance items so I was okay with it.

Not too many negatives but there are a few. The interior is average. They should have carried over the HUD and leather seats with suede inserts from the Grand Prix GXP. There is a lot of vibration from what seems like the middle of the car when going above 70 mph (which of course I never do). The transmission can be jerky at times but it still feels adequate to handle the large 6.0 engine. I think adding red or yellow brake calipers would have been a nice touch. These really are small complaints, I really do love this car so far.