2009 Pontiac G8 GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 6.2L V8 6-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Ultimate Sleeper
By sleepercity on 11/19/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car. Was looking for a toy and almost went with a Vette, but have always loved sleepers (cars that 'surprise' without looking like they should). So much fun and the expressions are priceless, although not usually around to see them unless I catch a light further up the road. My overpowering thought when I leave someone in the dust is 'google it. G8GXP'. Sooo much fun, yet very drivable and comfortable on the road. Best MPH on a trip is just under 25, but like others have said, 'who cares'. BTW, I have the 6 speed manual. The drop down wouldn't let me choose.

Love it but lacks common features
By costeld on 06/02/12 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Fast, comfortable and smooth ride on poor roads. Very quite cabin. Responsive steering. Good brake performance. Very supportive seats. Distinctive styling. Solid clutch and transmission. Good consistent power. Nice exhaust note. Head turner (thats a Pontiac?).

See ya!
By Nick on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My GXP is a garage queen. 3000 miles after 15 months. BUT it has been slightly modified. Kooks headers, Vararram cold intake, cat delete, SLP supercharger, engine tune and trans tune. It is simply the greatest sleeper ever. A 4 door sedan that can blow just about anything off the road! If you like 500 HP at the rear wheels, this is the way to go. Keep in mind Fly wheel HP doesn't tell the whole story! All these inflated HP numbers are at the Fly Wheel. They made me rate fuel economy. WHO CARES? At this performance level and low miles driven, it does not matter.

G8 GXP ROCKS!
By spaycace on 12/24/09 03:50 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drive my car 60 miles one way to work daily, and I'm glad I saved the 25 grand more that I would have spent on a CTS-V! This car is a 4-door Corvette & is more than FUN to drive! I race/beat "ponies" and Camaros as well. Tried to get a vette to race me, but the driver simply wouldn't do it. With a few mods/tweaks, this car has more power & is faster than a base vette, and ANY mustang, even the over- priced supercharged one! I LOVE this car! The traction control works AMAZINGLY well considering the power. MPG is acceptable, but then again, didn't buy it for economy. The best mpg I've seen is 22.8, but the car isn't broken in with only 8500 miles. BUY one if you can find one!

Mid life crisis
By Mid life crisis on 11/13/09 22:10 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2009 g8 gxp. Live in Houston n couldnt find any where. Found on eBay. Hot white with red n black interior. 6 speed. Wife asked if was going through mid life crisis. Fast loud with Corsa exhaust n very fun to drive. I really like stereo n love 6 speed n 2nd or 3rd gear. Very big car. Handles like a go-cart. Love no one else has. I have seem one silver gt. That is it. Love car. Very fast. I always have people ask what car is. No one has yet to try n race me. They know.

4 door Vette
By 2009 GXP on 11/12/09 09:00 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a used 09 GXP for 32.7k with 5600 miles. Hot White with black & red leather. 6 speed manual. Added Corsa exhaust already and sounds great, much deeper and burbly. Love the car! Really fun to drive, and you never see one and I live in Houston. Have had zero issues so far. Car feels solid & unlike some I really like the stereo. It's not as clear as some, but the windows down I can be driving 60 and still hear very clear. No one has messed with me yet. I have people all the time ask me about the car and what it is. They can't believe the engine specs. You pop the hood and tell them the battery is in the trunk and they laugh. At my age 42, wife asked if I was having a mid-life.

G8 GXP - The 4-door Corvette
By pokerfred68 on 10/13/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Best vehicle owned to date. Well beyond expectations. Bad idea for GM not to continue to offer this in the US. Want one bad enough...go to Australia. M5 killer for half the price. Also have a 2009 Vette with same engine...G8 can almost keep up! Only regret: no offer of an in-dash nav. This is one of the top 5 sport sedans in the world...bar none...regardless of price. At 415 hp, it's only $100 per pony. Glad to have one of the very few GXP's sold...hopefully a collector for the future.

Best Car I've Ever Driven/Owned
By RWD-V8 on 08/19/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After quite a bit of research, I purchased a slate blue, G8 GXP with a manual transmission. It's truly a Corvette for a family of five. It has more space, the same or better performance and is more fun to drive then an M5. I'm not interested in tons of electronics that will only fail and cause problems. This car is such fun to drive, I will never sell it. The fuel economy is great for the power/performance level. I get 20-22 mpg in mixed driving with the manual trans!

WOW!!!! Sit back and hold on!!
By Nick on 08/11/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I think I got the last one in the midwest. Whatever, I think there were only 1823 built. Still working on that one. This car is ridiculous, a 3900 lb. car 0-60 in 4.5? Yes. I'm 55, this is the best, most fun car I have ever owned, and I've owned some, from corvettes to T-bird Super Coupes that were not stock, very fast. This thing is it. Even the Stereo is ridiculous. Oh, by the way, I could care less what the gas mileage is. Wonder what this sucker will bring at the Mecum Auction in 15 years when all the muscle cars are gone????

WOW WOW
By JOE S. on 06/24/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had 07 300 SRT8, 05 CTS-V, The best car for the money hands down...sold both cars in search of the best of all worlds...AND I FOUND IT IN THE G8 GXP.....love this car....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac G8 Gxp in WA is:

$162 per month*