2009 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G8 model:
2009 Pontiac G8
By sexxy86 on 01/09/14 10:48 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Love my G8 when I first saw one I was like I have to get that car it looked good, I did just that own mine for 4years now. Did have problems when I first got where the engine kept coming on it was do to the gas cap it had to be replace which it was happening to a lot of the G8s. The other thing I have had problems with is the sit on the driver side the shift had come a loose had to have it fix 3 times in 4 years, other than that it's a excellent car it keeps the heads turning all the time.

Known Engine Problems
By molina67 on 01/06/12 08:23 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new, and was not told of the potential problem with the engine. Before I get into the engine problems, the V6 gets terrible gas mileage for the horse power. Most 4 cylinder cars are faster than the V6 and the most you'll get is 24 mpg highway. After 28000 miles the check engine light comes on, I take it to the dealer and it sits in maintenance for a week because of camshaft problems. I did research and found that the problem is well known. Needless to say I traded it in. For a Optima Turbo that gets 274 HP and 34 MPG highway.

Don't miss this FUN TO DRIVE CAR
By hopen4mail on 07/02/11 08:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great sporty car with great value. If you don't want to pay the price for a european rear wheel drive sport car or pay to fix them, this is the car for you. Love the looks, outside and in; the ride is sporty and fun and fast. I wish I would have spent the extra grand on the GT but, oh well. I bought brand new and have put 42K miles on since 4/09. Around town driving you get about 18 mpg and freeway about 24. Of course, I have a lead foot and enjoy going fast in my red baby so if you drive the speed limit, you'll get better. Nice thigh/knee support for picky drivers. I would definately buy this car again.

G8
By Krisi C on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My parents got me a G8 for my 16th birthday going on 2 years ago. My parents love it because of all the safety features but I love the way it looks. We have not had any trouble with it at all. I am very happy they chose this car!

Found a Diamond
By Ross Gore on 07/18/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had been searching for months on a 4- Door Sedan to buy and had come down to the Ford Taurus and Buick LaCross. Then on day while having my Chrysler Sebring Conv. serviced I happened to see the front end on a G8 in the preowned car area. I walked over and took a look and walked in and said how much. That very day I solved my sedan problem and have really enjoyed the driving experience of the Dark Gray V- 6. I have put 3000 more miles on it and have been avg 27.5 on Hwy and 21 hwy/city. I took it to the mountains to see how it handled the curves and climb and was very much pleased with it. I plan to keep this car until the wheels fall off. If you can find one in great to good shape, buy it.

Don't think I would buy another
By eva Smith on 06/11/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have only had our G 8 less then a year and our air conditioner went out. Of course the dealership said the condenser had a puncture and it is not covered. Also one on the handles has plastic peeling off already. For the price not happy.

Awesome looking BMW 7 series clone
By Air Force Dave on 04/18/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After tiring of driving my wife's CR-V to work, I needed something a little more sportier when the weather didn't cooperate with my motorcycling. We needed four doors and we didn't want to break the bank. I stumbled upon this Pontiac, and what luck! The only con I see to this G8 is the cup holders in the front. They sit too far back. There are no cup holders in rear of the cabin which is inconvenient. And a lack of a navigation system is disappointing. However, that all melts away when you smash down the accelerator. All in all, I'm very pleased with our purchase and hope that we spent $25K on a great product.

GREAT CAR (EVEN IN V6 FORM)
By Jerome on 12/08/09 14:36 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 6 months I would see a slate gray G8 GT parked in the same spot on my way from work everyday. Each time my head would turn 90 degrees to look at it every time I passed by it. I went to a dealer who said that they did not have anymore G8's left. I went expecting to buy a 2010 Buick LaCrosse. When I got there they had (1) G8 Sedan left displayed on the showroom in Liquid Red. My wife and I took it for a test drive and immediately fell in love with the performance & handling of this car. I've had it for a month now and have been driving with it in sportshift mode and learning how to drive using the the Tapshift. Fun factor increases 10 fold in these modes even in V6 form.

best car on the market.
By yike''s on 09/24/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

test drove G8 and test drove 2010 Camero enjoyed G8 more. great handling,very roomy, plenty of power for v6, got premium package, cant ask nothing more out of this car.

2009 Pontiac G8
By gr2ar on 08/16/09 15:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. The external design is awesome looking! The inside is nice and there aren't many blind spots, either. I am averaging 22 mpg on the highway but have received 27 mpg! I get 18 mpg in the city. The car has about 1200 miles on it now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac G8 in VA is:

$124 per month*