Used 2009 Pontiac G8 Base Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Thinking about buying G8
By Sam Rine

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I'm looking at a 09 G8 V-6 it has 77000 miles on it and in great condition but it does have a salvage title on it. It don't bother me that it salvage is $8500 still a good buy on this car it drives and handles great. I got to act quickly on this before it's gone need some good input thanks.

2009 Pontiac G8
By sexxy86

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Love my G8 when I first saw one I was like I have to get that car it looked good, I did just that own mine for 4years now. Did have problems when I first got where the engine kept coming on it was do to the gas cap it had to be replace which it was happening to a lot
of the G8s. The other thing I have had problems with is the sit on the driver side the shift had come a loose had to have it fix 3 times in 4 years, other than that it's a excellent car it keeps the heads turning all the time.

I love the heated sits,the speed, you can control your temperature, sunroof and how roomy it is and the trunk is roomy too don't look like it from the outside.

Find something more durable to keep the shift attached to the sit the plastic is not working.

Known Engine Problems
By molina67

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new, and was not told of the potential problem with the engine. Before I get into the engine problems, the V6 gets terrible gas mileage for the horse power.
Most 4 cylinder cars are faster than the V6 and the most you'll get is 24 mpg highway.
After 28000 miles the check engine light comes on, I take it to the dealer and it sits in maintenance for a week because of camshaft problems.
I did research and found that the problem is well known.
Needless to say I traded it in.
For a Optima Turbo that gets 274 HP and 34 MPG highway.

Appearance of the car. It was a pretty car but looks aren't everything as my mother told me.

Disclosure of potential problems.

Don't miss this FUN TO DRIVE CAR
By hopen4mail

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great sporty car with great value.
If you don't want to pay the price for a european rear wheel drive sport car or pay to fix them, this is the car for you.
Love the looks, outside and in; the ride is sporty and fun and fast.
I wish I would have spent the extra grand on the GT but, oh well.
I bought brand new and have put 42K miles on since 4/09.
Around town driving you get about 18 mpg and freeway about 24.
Of course, I have a lead foot and enjoy going fast in my red baby so if you drive the speed limit, you'll get better. Nice thigh/knee support for picky drivers.
I would definately buy this car again.

Fun drive, eye candy good looks (esp. in red), uses reg. unleaded gas, fairly good mpg, great ride, well put together, huge rear seat room (like the bmw 5 series!) Great front seat comfort.

easier to read lcd screen for radio etc.

G8
By Krisi C

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My parents got me a G8 for my 16th birthday going on 2 years ago. My parents love it because of all the safety features but I love the way it looks. We have not had any trouble with it at all. I am very happy they chose this car!

Overall Appearance and Safety Features

Really wish the seats were power adjustable.