Used 2009 Pontiac G8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Pontiac G8

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Best dollar per pound USED high proformence vehicle
By randallel

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Pound for pound this is the best car for you the price. The V8 is powerful and responsive, tires get great grip, good handling the weight ratio is almost 50/50 which helps the suspension and handling but if you have the option the fe3 suspension on the GXP is better. The fact that you can buy one for under 20K and the car is competitive to hang with last model Camaro's and Mustang's that are twice the price tag is the best reason to buy this car.

Favorite Features

V8 power with a manual shifter, above average handling, good acceleration with a solid 18mpg or better combined. Plenty of room to seat four healthy adults, and stick their luggage in the large trunk. Last but not least 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. If you so desire a decent amount of aftermarket parts to easily upgrade 400+ WHP!

Suggested Improvements

Limited head space, The thick A beams create significant blind spots, and the middle console is slightly lower than needed for shifting manually.

Perfect Performance Sedan 170,000 Miles
By techman8

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my G8 GT for 4 years now and it's been everything a car guy could want, it's very fast, reliable, and easy to maintain. It's Corvette derived high performance power-plant with the 6 speed transmission is a match made in heaven! 0-60 in 5.3 sec. I'm more than satisfied with my 16/19 MPG average in the city and 20/24 in the highway while cruising at around 80-90 MPH it feels very stable and well planted. It's awesome around corners with it's 50/50 weight distribution. The interior is quiet and comfortable but definitely sports car like. I have had no mechanical issues even though it currently marks a bit over 170k miles on the odometer. It's a shame GM discontinued this car!!!!

Favorite Features

Reliable. Accelerates and handles better than a lot of sport cars twice the price. Deep exhaust sound. Exterior Style. Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

No rear camera. Heads-up display should be bigger.

Love these cars so much I own 2.
By jzpiano

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my first G8 GT in April of 09 and have 23k miles on the car. I have modified it to be a track car and it has still been extremely reliable. After a few years of ownership I wanted to garage the car over the winter and knew I would miss driving it so I bought a second one that I DD everyday.

Favorite Features

V8 engine. Space for adults in the bad seat with plenty of leg room. Large trunk. Good fuel economy for a V8.

Suggested Improvements

Factory bluetooth.

Excellent
By plumman

2009 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 14 months ago and love it. The car comes alive on the highway. The engine and tranny are matched for American highway cruising. Bmw performance at USA prices. The build quality is very good. I get around 19mph overall gas mileage. It uses regular gas. Get one of the plug tuners for tuning the transmission. Stock it shifts to late and makes the car seem sluggish, unless in sport mode. Tuning corrects this issue and transforms the car! Tires are pricey.

Favorite Features

V8 355 hp, quiet ride at highway speed. Handling for a 4000 lb car. Great vison thru windshield and windows/ locks on the arm console. Lots of buttons and remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Better car stereo transmission dipstick not included

2009 Pontiac G8
By sexxy86

2009 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Love my G8 when I first saw one I was like I have to get that car it looked good, I did just that own mine for 4years now. Did have problems when I first got where the engine kept coming on it was do to the gas cap it had to be replace which it was happening to a lot of the G8s. The other thing I have had problems with is the sit on the driver side the shift had come a loose had to have it fix 3 times in 4 years, other than that it's a excellent car it keeps the heads turning all the time.

Favorite Features

I love the heated sits,the speed, you can control your temperature, sunroof and how roomy it is and the trunk is roomy too don't look like it from the outside.

Suggested Improvements

Find something more durable to keep the shift attached to the sit the plastic is not working.