2008 Pontiac G8 Consumer Review: Finally, GM RWD

2008 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Finally, GM RWD
By JohnnySacks on

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Waited and waited for GM to realize their mistake of killing RWD and for the buyer incentives to come into play to get the price down. Aside from the typical oil and battery display complaints and my aversion to everything overcomplicated in the controls of ALL new cars, this car is a more than fitting replacement to my 1991 Caprice LTZ. Took it on a 1,000 mile road trip first weekend and we love it. Mileage is as advertised, performs and handles like a dream. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't kill it after 3 years like the GTO, I keep my cars for a long long time and need parts availability (pads, rotors, alternators, starters, etc.) and dealer parts and knowledge for the harder stuff.

Front and rear seat room, V6 puts out 100 more HP and better mileage than my 5.0 V8 Caprice, great looks.

Get me a replacement panel with old school gauges for those oil and battery displays. Put a lock/unlock button on the door instead of center console.