Used 2008 Pontiac G8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Awesome!!
By Matt

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It's a responsible family man's sports car. Powerful, great handling, room for 5 comfortably.

Favorite Features

the Power, handling, room. Fuel mileage is good for a sedan with this much power.

Suggested Improvements

none

Problems!Problems!Problems!
By Billy G. Tinker

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Stranded on road one month after purchasing due to dead battery. In shop x4 due to vibrations, pulling to the right, surging when stopping, then the smell of raw gas. Three sets of nes tires have been put on the car in nine months. On the fourth time in the shop, we were told by phone the car was fixed, but was still vibrating and GM was having problems with the engine. I have been very frustrated and displeased with the Pontiac G8 GT.

Favorite Features

Power. Body style

Suggested Improvements

Several exterior color choices. The interior lights are useless. Different type leather.

9500 miles and getting better
By Rod

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my GT for 9 months and it is getting better. Fuel mileage is up, it gets within 2 mpg of the 96 Monte Carlo LS I traded in, and the GT has 200hp more. If I keep my foot out of it average 17 mpg in town. The problem is keeping my foot out of the throttle. When you step down on it it is exhilarating.

Favorite Features

This car isn't just quick and fast, for a 4000lb car it flat handles.

A treat to drive
By BHuge

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have always been the type of person who dreaded driving. It was just never any fun. Since we got this car I drive everywhere. I am 6'3" and there is plenty of room for me up front and plenty of room for my children in the back.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, heated seats, and I actually like the window controls on the center console. I would recommend having it tuned to get the most out of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see an actual on/off switch for the heated seats. That way they come on when you use remote start. Thicker clear coat. I have some small marks in the front end. Would recommend a clear bra for the vehicle.

GM Nailed This One!
By Bobbyg8great!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

What a great car inside and out. It is pure fun. It is powerful and comfortable. I can haul around the kids with plenty of room to spare. Everywhere I go, people ask me what kind of car it is. I can 70 mph in a heart beat and cruise comfortably and quietly at 80 mph. The fuel economy hovers around 20 miles to the gallon. I get this even when I'm hard on the pedal. I would like the V8 to sound a bit more like a V8, but the wife doesn't know what it is all about this way. Overall this car has been the most pleasing to drive out of all my vehicles. I have owned Caddys, Mercedes, Jeeps, and a Porsche. I think GM nailed this one, it might be a bit too late though.