Used 2008 Pontiac G8 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Hammer Down
By CEllis

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought my G8GT with sunroof, sports and comfort package for my wife as we our first child neccessitated 4 doors. My wife LOVES this car as do I. The power this thing has is incredibly smooth and I regularly find myself going faster than I should. The only weak areas of this car are the brakes, lack of navigation, no memory for the driver (my 98 vette has it, why can't a 09?), the manual knob for the seat back, and the lack of bluetooth in lieu of Onstar (boo). Other than those little things, which are forgotten once I put the gas pedal to the floor, this car is a rockstar. In fact, I will be looking for a nice used GXP once I pay this GT off.

6.0 Litre V8 pushing 361 hp; three shift modes seat warmers

Navigation, power seat back, better brakes, and perhaps some HID headlights

Awesome!!
By Matt

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It's a responsible family man's sports car. Powerful, great handling, room for 5 comfortably.

the Power, handling, room. Fuel mileage is good for a sedan with this much power.

none

Problems!Problems!Problems!
By Billy G. Tinker

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Stranded on road one month after purchasing due to dead battery. In shop x4 due to vibrations, pulling to the right, surging when stopping, then the smell of raw gas. Three sets of nes tires have been put on the car in nine months. On the fourth time in the shop, we were told by phone the car was fixed, but was still vibrating and GM was having problems with the engine. I have been very frustrated and displeased with the Pontiac G8 GT.

Power. Body style

Several exterior color choices. The interior lights are useless. Different type leather.

9500 miles and getting better
By Rod

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my GT for 9 months and it is getting better. Fuel mileage is up, it gets within 2 mpg of the 96 Monte Carlo LS I traded in, and the GT has 200hp more. If I keep my foot out of it average 17 mpg in town. The problem is keeping my foot out of the throttle. When you step down on it it is exhilarating.

This car isn't just quick and fast, for a 4000lb car it flat handles.

A treat to drive
By BHuge

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have always been the type of person who dreaded driving. It was just never any fun. Since we got this car I drive everywhere. I am 6'3" and there is plenty of room for me up front and plenty of room for my children in the back.

Acceleration, heated seats, and I actually like the window controls on the center console. I would recommend having it tuned to get the most out of the car.

Would like to see an actual on/off switch for the heated seats. That way they come on when you use remote start. Thicker clear coat. I have some small marks in the front end. Would recommend a clear bra for the vehicle.