2008 Pontiac G8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G8 model:
GM Is Back On Track
By G8 Is Great on 10/21/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my G8 almost two months now and like it more each day. The car is amazing to drive from the plentiful power to the superb handling, it makes you want to take the long way every where you go. The G8 is very comfortable and roomy in size and will easily accommodate taller individuals. Fuel economy is excellent considering this is a 4000 lb vehicle with a 361 hp V8 capable of comfortably hauling 5 full size passengers. Plus the G8 is half the cost of a 5 series and the V8 form is cheaper than a similarly equipped Mazda 6 The G8 proves GM has turned things around and is back on track!!!

It only gets better
By Rod on 10/14/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Am going on 5 months with my G8 GT experience. There are minor flaws I have found if you can call them flaws. The most exciting one is that when you step on the gas in anyway less than very gentle it responds like a startled cat, it flat jumps and screams for red line. I have also noticed that once I shift into sports mode or manual mode and stand on the throttle, the car changes from a docile car to a beast, and seems to stay that way till I shut it off and drive it again. It may be a glitch in my G8's computer. I will not go get this if it is a glitch.. I love it. This car loves to be driven. If you love driving you will love this car. It rocks!

Like Two Bats Out of Hell!
By Richie on 10/10/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have followed this car since I heard about it being available in the US. Overall this car is the best bang for your buck if you want a sport sedan. I looked at a few imports and some other domestics but the G8 won hands down dollar wise. The engine is excellent. I live in NYC and the gas mileage is low in the city (10-12 mpg) and when the highways are packed I see the same results. But when the highways are clear I see 20+mpg easy. For daily driving the suspension is fine, seats are comfy, exhaust is quiet but open up the engine and it sounds sweet. I had this car for about 2 months and I still smile when I turn her on.

4 months and 5000 miles & still in Love
By Rod on 10/02/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Has been just over 4 months since I bought my G8 GT. It has only gotten better with time. With gas prices down a little from when I bought it have switched to premium. The premium is not required but it do bring the G8 GT to life. Merging onto a freeway can be a little unnerving, if you step down on the throttle to aggressively, you go from 6th to 3rd gear and go from 45 to 70 in a heart beat. For a door factory (4 door car) the handling is awesome. This car does not fear windy roads. In manual mode in 3rd gear 20 mph corners become 50 mph corners. If you want to love a car like you did when the built muscle cars the G8 GT will fill the bill, and accommodate the family.

Is this really a Pontiac ?
By Andrew on 09/03/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I still can't believe this is a Pontiac - I guess GM finally got it right. The quality is almost BMW, the performance is better than the 5 series, and the cost is amazing for a new V8. I got a "deal" via the GM employee pricing, but would've been nice if the dealer negotiated - they wouldn't budge a dollar, insisting that GM won't let them. Regardless, I'm so far very happy w/ my purchase - I just can't get use to people's reactions when they it's a Pontiac! lol

My Congratulations to Pontiac
By T. Giles on 09/02/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

All i have to say is congratulations Pontiac for creating the car I have dreamed of. I upgraded from a 2004 Grand Prix, a car that i have thoroughly enjoyed for all of the 104000 miles i put on it and i was completely blown away. The G8 GT is in my opinion one of the best sport sedans ever produced. It is gorgeous inside and out. It doesn't have all that goofy euro sport sedan styling, just big fenders and a beefy body. 100% American muscle. I would recommend this car to anyone! Pay the extra for the V8 its worth it.

Car will make you excessive compulsive
By Rod on 08/26/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

3 months and 3500 miles and this car has come alive. You stand on the gas and there is a sound you cannot believe till you experience. You look at the hood to see if it is collapsing as this monster 6.0 sucks air in, it makes a more awesome and powerful sound than my 70 426 Hemi Cuda did. If you love cars you will love the G8 GT, all you have to do is test drive it and you will want it. If you want a ultimate performance you can afford this is the best deal out there,.

Finally, GM RWD
By JohnnySacks on 08/26/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Waited and waited for GM to realize their mistake of killing RWD and for the buyer incentives to come into play to get the price down. Aside from the typical oil and battery display complaints and my aversion to everything overcomplicated in the controls of ALL new cars, this car is a more than fitting replacement to my 1991 Caprice LTZ. Took it on a 1,000 mile road trip first weekend and we love it. Mileage is as advertised, performs and handles like a dream. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't kill it after 3 years like the GTO, I keep my cars for a long long time and need parts availability (pads, rotors, alternators, starters, etc.) and dealer parts and knowledge for the harder stuff.

Awesome car
By carman on 08/23/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Excited to drive again. Look for reasons to go to the store. This car reminds me of how exciting it was to get into your first car.

Month 4 with a G8 GT
By Rod on 08/21/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Starting month 4 with the G8. I am getting comfortable with all of the switches. This car has proven that all of the press hype is not hype, it is fact. It is the best value that any car manufacturer has on the market for the price. If you want a real car, with real performance, room and quality this is the car. You can spend twice the money and get something like and buy a 5 series BMW, or you can buy the G8 GT get the same performance and have lots of money left over to bay the person at the gas pump. I love American Iron so I will pay at the gas pump instead of at the dealer. I vote to make Australia the 51st state.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.