Used 2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Great car great beast!
By ilpilgrim

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I owned this car from 21k miles other than oil changes and regular maintenance the car is great couldn't have asked for a better car now with 91k miles... I have drove it from san diego to rhode island with no issues at all its made the trip 3 times now which is some good miles can't beat the speed of the car it sounds great handles like a BMW with out decals most wouldnt know it's a damn pontiac lol can't go wrong with this beast has speed 0_60 in about 5.1 and all for under 18k now day...so if you are looking for a reliable car that has the looks and speed to match!

Smooth ride handles like a BMW good rumble...speed looks great it's a win win over 90k miles now and still no issues still a monster under the hood and on the streets

Can't complain really some will say better gas but with a motor like this beast pushing over 300 hp can't say much I would say the interface with the cd player I don't like that knob on it should have been touch screen

The lemon
By g6- 2 door coupe

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car had been in the shop several time handles poorly in the snow. Tires are very expensive to replace. The brake light was on when driving - did not know it until a state trooper followed me. I would say that 36,000 miles was the life before every thing began to break down and then lets not mention the warranty was up after that and obama motors did not have a stimulus for the replacing the warranty of the car, how about that for a change!

the heated seat and automatic start

Best Bang For The Buck Sedan/Sports Car
By SRG963

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing can touch the Pontiac G8 GT in the same price range for overall performance and comfort. The G8 is Pontiac's 7-series sized, 5-series handling, 1-series priced, 3-series BMW. With time it would have gone from a very good car to a great car. GM dropped the ball, big time, when they canceled the Pontiac brand. I only hope that they will bring the Australian Beast back. Regardless what brand it would fall under, or what they called it, I would purchase another one. Out of the 20 vehicles I've owned, the G8 one is by far my favorite. It doesn't matter if I'm looking at her in my garage, detailing her, or drifting her around some corners, she always brings a big smile to my face.

Engaging Sport Mode! 6.0L V8 Engine, 6-Speed Shiftable Manumatic Transmission, Limited Slip Rear Differential, Rear Wheel Drive, Four-Wheel Independent Suspension, Electronic Brake force Distribution, 5 Adult Passenger Seating, Steering Wheel Controls (DIC), Heated Seats, Remote Start.

Bring This Wonderful Car Back To America!

Great
By Chase413

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The car is great, could not have asked for a better vehicle from GM. Had an 07 SS impala before and they improved just about everything i didn't like about the impala. the handling, suspension, rear wheel drive, it's just a smooth ride with everything you would need in a car and the ability to get up and go with cars that cost a good deal more. (ex: Taurus sho for 40 something, g8 gt for less than 30)

great handling and power, if you closed your eyes and getting in and covered up the Pontiac emblems you could be convinced it was a high end car rather than a Pontiac. bottom line, was one of the best cars America had to offer. i find myself make excuses to drive more!

should have offered a 6 speed manual in the GT as well as the GXP. car is quite low for michigan, i have to be very careful with the potholes i hit, driveways i choose for turnarounds etc. But what did i expect? battery/oil gauges look like something off of atari

The Problems I've Had with any Pontiac
By George Kruk

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my car in the shop now 6 times to fix the front suspension. There is a huge clunking noise whenever I go over bumps. The entire front suspension has been replaced (1 control arm, both struts and all the linkage) and the problem is still there. Did I mention that I only have 30K miles on the car. I miss my 2004 Grand Prix GTP, hands down a better car. As soon as the suspension is fixed I am getting rid of this car.

The Power!

XM Radio and get rid of the oil pressure/battery power display in the middle of the car.