2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G8 model:
The lemon
By g6- 2 door coupe on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car had been in the shop several time handles poorly in the snow. Tires are very expensive to replace. The brake light was on when driving - did not know it until a state trooper followed me. I would say that 36,000 miles was the life before every thing began to break down and then lets not mention the warranty was up after that and obama motors did not have a stimulus for the replacing the warranty of the car, how about that for a change!

Best Bang For The Buck Sedan/Sports Car
By SRG963 on 07/01/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing can touch the Pontiac G8 GT in the same price range for overall performance and comfort. The G8 is Pontiac's 7-series sized, 5-series handling, 1-series priced, 3-series BMW. With time it would have gone from a very good car to a great car. GM dropped the ball, big time, when they canceled the Pontiac brand. I only hope that they will bring the Australian Beast back. Regardless what brand it would fall under, or what they called it, I would purchase another one. Out of the 20 vehicles I've owned, the G8 one is by far my favorite. It doesn't matter if I'm looking at her in my garage, detailing her, or drifting her around some corners, she always brings a big smile to my face.

Great
By Chase413 on 04/30/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The car is great, could not have asked for a better vehicle from GM. Had an 07 SS impala before and they improved just about everything i didn't like about the impala. the handling, suspension, rear wheel drive, it's just a smooth ride with everything you would need in a car and the ability to get up and go with cars that cost a good deal more. (ex: Taurus sho for 40 something, g8 gt for less than 30)

The Problems I've Had with any Pontiac
By George Kruk on 10/22/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my car in the shop now 6 times to fix the front suspension. There is a huge clunking noise whenever I go over bumps. The entire front suspension has been replaced (1 control arm, both struts and all the linkage) and the problem is still there. Did I mention that I only have 30K miles on the car. I miss my 2004 Grand Prix GTP, hands down a better car. As soon as the suspension is fixed I am getting rid of this car.

Aggressive!
By Scott on 09/17/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 CTS-V for this car. While the V was definitely much faster, the G8GT is very aggressive and a very comfortable sedan. Overall, only a slight concession at half the price. I frequently travel I75 in Florida, this car cruises VERY nice at speeds of 80-85 mph. I have driven this car in excess of 120 mph a few times and it stills tracks nicely without vibration or float. Cars are my weakness and have had many - this 2008 G8GT is probably my overall favorite. I have removed all the badges on the car and people often ask what kind of car it is. "that looks great" and "I never heard of that" are usually the comments made. Lots of bang for the buck!!!!

More fun for the buck
By Rod on 08/30/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

In my last post I mentioned that a Magnaflow exhaust system would be delivered the next day. Well, it was and it made my G8 even more fun. The exhaust made the car sound great, with out making everyday driving to noisy like other systems I have had. Another upside is that gas mileage has gone up from a average of 16.4 to 17.1 in every day commute.

Last New Pontiac
By Ohioguy on 08/19/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 G8 GT apparently will be my last new Pontiac. It is Pontiac number 17 for me, starting with a 1965 GTO. They certainly saved the best for last. I love this car! From it's sinister metallic black paint to it's red & black leather seats, it is a winner. Losing Pontiac is painful. Not continuing this car is a sin. GM - please wake up!

One Awesome Car!
By bowtiefan1 on 08/14/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my new G8 GT since December '08. It's mostly my weekend and pleasure ride and I can tell you, it's more fun (and practical with kids now) than my last sport's car, an '89 Corvette! It's too bad that Pontiac and the G8 will soon be history. GM finally got it right with this car and sadly, they are getting rid of it. My only hope is Fritz will listen to Lutz and will rebadge it as a Chevy or Buick and promote it, like Ford is doing with it's Taurus SHO. No one, except enthusiasts, really knew about this car. Buy this car soon before it is gone! It's spirited performance and awesome handling will have you hooked! Lastly, everywhere I go, I get lots of positive looks and feedback.

15 months and still Love it
By Rod on 08/10/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my G8 GT for 18 months and it just gets better. In the late 60's O had a Plymouth Road Runner. The working mans inexpensive Muscle Car. No the in thng is a Performance Sports Sedan. The G8 GT is the Road Runner of Sports Sedan. It is a car that the Poor working Slob can afford and have a Performance Sedan that may not be as plush as a BMW 5 series, but in performance, it can hang with it.

Brilliant car that came too late
By fuhteng on 07/01/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G8 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I did my research about the sport sedan segment, and while originally looking at the BMW 335i and the G35/37, the G8 GT captivated me. It is bigger, much cheaper, and nearly as much fun. It was just what I was looking for. Owning it has been a delight. I have never had any problems with the car, and the car does everything I expect from a sports sedan, and does them all well. It is not a luxury car like the BMW and the G, but it is not supposed to be. The G8 GT is what Pontiac should have been all along.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.