Used 2008 Pontiac G8 Base Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

The lemon
By g6- 2 door coupe

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car had been in the shop several time handles poorly in the snow. Tires are very expensive to replace. The brake light was on when driving - did not know it until a state trooper followed me. I would say that 36,000 miles was the life before every thing began to break down and then lets not mention the warranty was up after that and obama motors did not have a stimulus for the replacing the warranty of the car, how about that for a change!

the heated seat and automatic start

Saved my life
By thankful

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Only had 5400 miles mine when a tractor trailor hit me and drove me off the road and the car rolled over. The car is a total loss, but I walked away without a scratch. not only was this a great car to drive, it saved my life. I plan to go out and get 2009 G8 as soon as the insurance claim is settled.

handling and styling of car. Safety!!

manual transmission

Sweet Car
By Patrick

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

An amazing car for the price. I ended up paying 20600 after taxes, and got a big, beautiful, 256 horsepower 4 door. The only things I dislike is that the remote start does not turn on the heater, so you have to deal with the frost if you have it. Also, I had to get a repair (snowy roads- my own fault) and I had to import a part from Australia.

Looks, power, size, rear legroom.

Heater attached to remote start.

Finally, GM RWD
By JohnnySacks

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Waited and waited for GM to realize their mistake of killing RWD and for the buyer incentives to come into play to get the price down. Aside from the typical oil and battery display complaints and my aversion to everything overcomplicated in the controls of ALL new cars, this car is a more than fitting replacement to my 1991 Caprice LTZ. Took it on a 1,000 mile road trip first weekend and we love it. Mileage is as advertised, performs and handles like a dream. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't kill it after 3 years like the GTO, I keep my cars for a long long time and need parts availability (pads, rotors, alternators, starters, etc.) and dealer parts and knowledge for the harder stuff.

Front and rear seat room, V6 puts out 100 more HP and better mileage than my 5.0 V8 Caprice, great looks.

Get me a replacement panel with old school gauges for those oil and battery displays. Put a lock/unlock button on the door instead of center console.

1st Pontiac
By gunter

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an 04 Tahoe on the car and have been quite pleased to date. The v-6 has plenty of moxie with just the right amount of cool in the styling. The fuel mileage could be closer to 30+ I would think, being it has a 5 speed auto. The rest of the car is still so new to us that we are still figuring out items. At first blush the one thing that sticks out to me is the tilt wheel. Seems it could have been more akin the tilts in pick ups and suv type vehicle. Not much range of motion, especially when one is in egress mode. Getting in and out is a bit challenging. I was also a bit leery about buying a vehicle that had the (odd size) wheels. Here's hoping the tires wear well. Expensive.

The ride and feel, as if you are in a cockpit of sorts.

Not crazy about the battery placement. How does one swap it out when it comes time? Better fuel economy. The numbers we are getting should be for the 6 speed v-8.