2009.5 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan
By evnsptc on
2009 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I ordered a new G6 from my local dealer in October of 2009. I got it about a month later and it came with (black/tan heated leather, power moonroof, spoiler, 17' polished 5 spoke rims, 3.5L V6, AM/FM/XM/CD/AUX radio, Monsoon speaker system, power seat) When I got it I was very surprised. The exterior is beautiful! The interior is very nice too. I took it home and was in shock to find out how well this car handled! The suspension is taught yet soft at the same time! The steering feels like a German sports sedan! It currently has 23K miles on it and has given me no problems at all! I get it professionally detailed every 3 months I detail it myself in between. I love it so much!
Favorite Features
Moonroof, 17' Rims, Monsoon audio, XM Radio, OnStar, Heated Seats, Spoiler, Exterior, Engine (which is powerful at 221HP, it doesn't sound the greatest at full throttle but it is very willing) and the Handling! I get 27 mpg combined!! I loved my G6 so much that I traded in my Grand Prix towards a 10' GT Coupe! Which is also a great car, it has even better handling than the sedan! The engines should have been: Base: 2.5L I4 (VVT & iVLC) (eAssist/Start/Stop/Regen. Brakes optional) 210HP GT: 3.0L V6 (VVT, SIDI & AFM) 270HP GTP: 2.8L Turbo V6 (VVT, SIDI & AFM) 355HP GXP: 3.6L Twin Turbo V6 (VVT, SIDI & AFM) 440HP GTP and GXP trims have HiPer struts to reduce torque steer. . .
Suggested Improvements
The transmission is only a 4-Speed and should be a 6-Speed. I wish there was a navigation option. The Monsoon stereo is good, but a Bose would have been much appreciated. I wish Pontiac offered a panoramic moonroof at the time. I wish there was a Heads Up Display. The interior could have had more of a refresh for the 2009.5 edition (the door panels should have been trimmed/padded with leather, the dash could have been made with a little bit better materials). I wish the rear seats had an armrest, audio controls and hvac.