Pontiac should be ashamed!!!!
By larondag on
2009 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
i received a recall letter for the transmition in Dec 2012. I took my car to the dealership to have the recalled part repaired in March of 2012. Two days after the repair I start experiencing problems with my steering and my power steering went out a week later. After searching the internet i found out that this is a huge problem for this model. I then called Pontiac and they opened a case for this issue. i was advised to take my car to my local dealer and if they advise that it was not due to wear and tear or lack of matianence then they would assist with reimbursement. I took my car to the dealer and was advised that the torque sensor was bad.
Favorite Features
The sensor is only sold with the entire column therefore it cost me an additional 2 hours of labor. The dealer advised Pontiac that i should receive assistance and the part shouldnt have gone bad and that it was electrical.. I spoke with Distric Manager at Pontiac and was advised that since i purchased the car with 38k miles it was outside of warranty and since the car has 100k miles they would not assist me with the repair. Ive also notice electrical problems with the headlights and the entire front bumper has to be dropped to change the sockets. Thats gonna cost $200 in labor alone. Pontiac sent a memo to all dealers advising of the PS problem and they should replace the steering colum
Suggested Improvements
The fact that they know of this problem and refuse to replace it is an issue for me. Does someone have to be killed before they recall this part? i was also advised by my mechanic that the catylitic converter is known to go bad and he has replace 10 just in 2013. This car is just down right out faulty. Cant trade it in because i owe too much.. I dont plan to take this laying down. i am going to fight them all the way on this problem.