2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
PRND3L
By veaudry on 04/01/14 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan New GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my complaint. the shifter does not highlight when in any position,, there is no indicator in the dash to inform you what gear you are in.. Does anyone else have this missing on their G6's

2009.5 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan
By evnsptc on 11/03/13 18:59 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I ordered a new G6 from my local dealer in October of 2009. I got it about a month later and it came with (black/tan heated leather, power moonroof, spoiler, 17' polished 5 spoke rims, 3.5L V6, AM/FM/XM/CD/AUX radio, Monsoon speaker system, power seat) When I got it I was very surprised. The exterior is beautiful! The interior is very nice too. I took it home and was in shock to find out how well this car handled! The suspension is taught yet soft at the same time! The steering feels like a German sports sedan! It currently has 23K miles on it and has given me no problems at all! I get it professionally detailed every 3 months I detail it myself in between. I love it so much!

Pontiac should be ashamed!!!!
By larondag on 04/02/13 12:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i received a recall letter for the transmition in Dec 2012. I took my car to the dealership to have the recalled part repaired in March of 2012. Two days after the repair I start experiencing problems with my steering and my power steering went out a week later. After searching the internet i found out that this is a huge problem for this model. I then called Pontiac and they opened a case for this issue. i was advised to take my car to my local dealer and if they advise that it was not due to wear and tear or lack of matianence then they would assist with reimbursement. I took my car to the dealer and was advised that the torque sensor was bad.

A decent "cheap" car
By partsman99 on 06/20/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent car. Not a fan of all the plastic everywhere, and the very thin hollow sound of the doors when you close them, but other than that not a bad car. Key fobs = terrible! They're expensive, and do not last long. The 3.5L has more than enough power, and never ceases to amaze me. Car is VERY quiet; you can barely hear the engine rev. Excellent fuel economy: hwy averages around 28, with as much as 36 on a long road trip. The controls are easy to read, and arranged well. The seats start to get uncomfortable after 5 hours in on a road trip. In short, if you are looking for basic transportation that is dependible and capable of passing slower cars, this is a good choice.

Great car for the money
By pjz3 on 04/07/12 23:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan New Value Leader 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a used 2009 pontiac G6 with 33,000 miles. I really wasn't looking for a G6 but when I saw this one and test drove it I couldn't pass it up. All the other cars I test drove in this price range,(between 10,000 and 15,000),didn't even compare. The ther cars lacked in accesories or were much smaller and under powered. The G6 with everything I was looking for in a car plus nice styling and handling. The horse power from the 2.4L ecotec engine won't win any drags but it's no slouch oh the hiway. My family and i took the G6 on a short 200 mile trip just to see how it would do. We only used a Quarter tank of gas the whole trip. Over all a great little car.

One problem after another!!
By cassandra1189 on 09/20/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a year and I can't wait to get rid of it! Bought it used with 40k in June 2010 and after a week noticed that the carpet in the back was wet. Thought it was a seal in the door but a few weeks later I had over an inch of water in the back. STILL having problems a year later! Driver headlight doesn't work, I've had the bulb replaced and wiring tightened, still comes on and off at random. Brake lights stay on all the time, except when I'm USING my brakes! Had the brakelight switch replaced and still not working properly. The silver/chrome interior is peeling and looks horrible. Had a 1999 grand prix that I loved and this car has definitely been a disappointment!!!

My first Pontiac ever so far so good, 2010 G6
By painter60 on 02/20/11 09:29 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far we like the G6 we bought it 3 months ago with 25,000 miles and we have put another 1,000 miles on it, one thing I don't like is the hood bumpers keep loosening and the hood rattles, I found out after buying that t has been wrecked on the left front but it's hard to tell. All I know at this point is that it's a base model 2.4 motor it runs alittle rough in the morning but smoths out when it gets worm. I changed the tire size to 235/55-17 and it looks great with the wider tires, my wife wants me to paint it red she hates the white. Is there anything I can do to give it more HP?? I would like to find a rear wing for it (used) if anyone has one email me. Thanks for reading.

Crap on four wheels
By angelajoe on 01/24/11 12:48 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan New Value Leader 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car used only had a few thousand km on it. Since then we have found that the rims and tires are hard to get. The car is to low in winter this causes damage. Now cylinder 5 has a missfire and the plug broke off in the engine just completly siezed in the engine. Also the front brakes are wearing out prematurly would get rid of it but owe to much on it to trade it in but in a year i will be going ford this car is a total dissapointment. Way to much plastic and the interior feels and looks cheap but the outside looks okay.

Better than expected
By dner on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We needed a winter car as our Mercedes is rear wheel drive. Normally we drive luxury or sporty cars or suvs. We picked this G6 because we like front drive cars on ice or slick roads. We have 2 suvs for deeper snow. For the money this is a nice car. Comfortable, reasonable performance, great economy, decent grownup looks. The seat are nice and I like the Onstar, ipod hookup, traction control and the ride. Quieter and nicer riding than I expected.

One little problem
By masmad on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my G6 for about 5 months now and it has 25,000 miles on it. It seems that around the front end where the motor is there is a clunking noise, sounds like the front end is going to drop out. It has nothing to do with the engine it is something else and we can't figure out what it is?..I am a little upset about this problem..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*