2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Better than Toyota and Honda (american )
By borges on 06/17/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good car excellent drive response, fully loaded, leather, power seats, heated seat and instrumental panel well designed

Awesome Pick!!
By Stephanie on 06/17/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about 2 weeks ago, I find that I made a great choice, and I'm loving every minute of driving in it!. The pick up is a little slower than i thought but once it gets going, it holds you to the seat. Great for driving on the highway, not too bad fuel economy in the city. Very comfortable,and roomy. Quiet & smooth driving on the highway, and with over $7500.00 taken off the original price to make it $26,600 for the full SE package, i think i got a great price on it.

Fun to drive and turns many heads
By Jamie on 06/13/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe and it is an amazing car. The street edition kit makes the car look wonderful and everyone notices it. The car is very fun to drive and handles very well on the road. Bumps are barely noticeable. The interior feels great too. If I want the car to accelerate quickly, it launches. The power is great. My only concern with the car is that it seems like it wants to idle rough a little bit at times. I'm not worried the car will leave me stranded, but a brand new car shouldn't do that.

Worth the wait.
By Greg & Mindy on 06/13/08 00:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our G6 convertible in January 2008 and then patiently waited for warm weather to arrive. During that wait we found that the remote starter on our G6 works great from inside my office while the remote starter on my co-worker's BMW would not work from the same office. The car is a joy to drive with the top up or down. Many co- workers thought it was a sporty coupe until the top folded into the trunk. We are pleased with the gas mileage we have been getting. No long trips yet but around town mileage is averaging close to 20 MPG. The trunk is basically useless with the top folded down but we knew that when we purchased it. We are very happy with our Pontiac G6 convertible. Enjoy!

Impressed! Value!
By bvdj84 on 06/11/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am impressed with this car! My first American car. I came from an '06 Accord, though this car is not a Honda, it certainly upholds a good standard. I have all the options I could want, and could compare to the options of the VW Passat. Smooth ride, getting more smooth engine, not as refined as Accord. Interior is pretty nice. Great gas mileage, and finding this car to be a lot of fun!Its a happy car! Sporty looking! I got the fully loaded G6 with the 4cyl. I am really enjoying it, I miss my Accord, but this will be fun to drive! Killer for me is the resale value, but I think Pontiac is going in the right direction! Will I be back to Honda Acura, probably, but this is fun for now! Great car

Great Car.
By kenny on 06/04/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a sleek black beauty G6 GT Coupe about 2 weeks ago. I chose it over a accord coupe, altima coupe and a Mustang. This car is a head turner and is so fun to drive. Just took it on a trip to Florida and had so much fun driving it.If your looking for a nice sporty coup that avg. 31 mpg on my trip to Florida at 75mph. this is the car for you. I know I made the right decision. Also not many on the road like the other coupes. everyone loves it.

My shot at better gas mileage
By Ed Smith on 06/03/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We traded a 2004 Yukon for this vehicle and thus far it has been problem free. It feels sure footed and corners nicely with little lean. It has a bit more road noise in the cabin than I care for but it is not overly annoying. The 2.4 liter engine is peppy for it's size but no wheel spinner either. Gas mileage has been fairly good at near 22 around town and running slightly above 30 mpg on the highway. Rear seat room is above average and comfort. All in all I consider it a good buy with the c/d player radio and ON Star. I'd buy another one!

Fun to drive
By Beth on 05/28/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love it. Lots of fun to drive. Handles well in all driving conditions. No, blind spots.

Unsatisfied
By Leeryleo on 05/27/08 01:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a total let down. Interior could not be any cheaper. Other than the cheap cloth (?) seats everything seems to be hard plastic. Now that the weather is warming up the inside has a awful plastic smell. The fuel mileage is terrible. We had to have the tie rods replaced in less than 2000 miles. Car hesitates while driving, lack of useful accessories, and very cheap paint job. We hate this new car.

honeymoon is over with the 08 g6
By steve on 05/25/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this 08 g6 back in sept, 2007. At about 9,000 miles the steering system broke and needed to be replaced. Then the brake rotors began to warp shortly afterwards. Service adviser told me that these are some of the common problems with the g6 and Pontiac has no plans to fix or remedy the problem. I traded in the g6 a few months ago for a Honda Civic. Thank you Honda. Buyer beware! Avoid the g6 at all costs!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.