Used 2008 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Never Again!
By Never Again!

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues. I take it in at least once a month to be fixed, mainly with Brakes and Power steering. Brakes replaced twice fixed four times. First set of brakes were replaced at 9,000 miles. Power steering sensor fixed once then replaced once because it would lock on me while Id drive. Feel very unsafe in this car. Dealership won't do anything for me. Trying to argue the MI Lemon Law with Pontiac Corp. Have also had issues with tire pressure. Let's just say, I will never get a GM again... doing everything I can to get out of this lease!!

Kind of hard to have a favorite feature when you've had nothing but issues with the car.

Gas mileage, safety of this car (Brakes and Power Steering)

My dream car
By Ann

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with this car from the day I saw it. I did hear many complaints regarding the sunroof and water leaking from it, so I decided to go for the 2008 Coupe GT model. I've had it for 1 month and totally love the way it drives. It has an amazing power and it's very appealing. I've had people come to ask me what kind of car it is. There're not too many G6 coupes here in FL, so it's head- turner everywhere I go. It motivates me to go anywhere!

Its style. Love that it was designed by 6 women so it DOES look like a girlie car. Femenine and sporty looking at the same time.

Gas mileage! Geezzzzz it wastes gas like there's no tomorrow. The rear view could be better, but nothing to argue about.

Great Bang For The Buck!
By BigAl

2008 Pontiac G6 GXP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many new cars (including many foreign makes) over the years including 3 previous Pontiacs with few issues. The difference between the G6 GT and the G6 GXP is night and day. This car has it all - power, comfort, style(Street Version), fun to drive, decent gas mileage, and so far very reliable. All this at a price with the GM and Dealer discounts well below similar offerings from Toyota, Honda, et al. Only concern is the perception that with GM dissolving Pontiac as a division the normal depreciation will accelerate greatly but as long as this car delivers I will have it a long time.

Throttle responce, ride quality, styling, stereo.

Key locks on both doors not just drivers side.

I Love this Car
By Orion

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I work for a company that has me on the road a lot, usually 50 - 75K a year. They let us choose what we want to drive, we buy it finance it and they give a very fair reimbursment for the miles. I bought the base GT with a few extras, keyless entry etc.. I have constantly gotten 32+ mpg on the highway with this car, I am also not afraid to pass with it. I have had ZERO problems with it. It had replaced a 2005 Elantra that was also a reliable car. This car "feels" safe you are fit and surrounded by its seat (I'm 6'1 and 190 lbs) I LOVE THE LOOKS, I LOVE THE FEEL (like a sports car) Plenty of back seat comfort (a note to GM) WHY KILL PONTIAC WHEN YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!

The driving experience, the back seat room, the MPG Hell everything It has an 8 speaker system that is great...Do a car fax for prob. cars and you'll be amazed..

It doesn't matter now... Sadly...

Don't get me started
By Susan

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My advice - don't fall for the fact its a convertible! I bought my car with only 3000 miles on it. I owned it for 6 months and called it quits. I would have paid for the dealer to take it back. I did love it when the top was down but that is all I can say that is positive. The car constantly pulled to the right. The hardtop constantly rattled when it was closed. The breaks didn't seem to want to stop and forget trying to drive it in the snow. It scared me to death. I had to get rid of it. I now own an eclipse again. I actually feel safe again. Is the car cute? Yes. Hot? Not hot enough to stress over daily. This is my opinion. Others seem to love it.

Roomy inside. Love the look when the top was down.

Work on the steering and breaks and do something with that rattling in the convertible top.