Used 2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Good value for your dollar
By Greg

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased for $12,000 (Thanks, GM Card dollars!). At that price nothing really competes. I was able to get the dealer to add cruise, and for those that really want remote locks that can be added as well. Note the gas mileage will be less if the car has the 3.91 axle ratio, but will have more pep. So if you are shooting for 30 MPG be aware of the "optional" axle ratio issue. Easy to drive, but a little hard to get in and out of as doors are narrow top to bottom. I do 90% highway cruising, and this is quite and very smooth for its size. I understand wiper blades are expensive, so try and get covered under bumper-to- bumper warranty. Also, no key hole on passenger door, seems odd.

Massive trunk, price, value leader has all the latest safety equipment, and car is easy on the eyes. Car is much larger inside, especially in rear seat room, than you would expect.

Hard plastic insides hard on elbows, and really bland in all black. I would trade some of the pep for slightly better gas mileage, I am getting 28.5 all highway and was hoping for more. Much better dollar value than Malibu, so I cannot complain too much about shortfalls.

Excellent car
By Alex

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a really good car at this price. Good exterier, fantastic stereo, good power, 100000 miles/5 years limited warranty, etc. A lot of good things. I love this car. Although somebody told me the interior is not good, I chose the light interior, and it is really great.

Stereo system, exterior, magnificent price

The keyless entry, maybe improve the brake rotor and pad, since I think it is not very smooth.

Best Safety for the buck
By tom

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my daughter due to safety, price and looks, so happy with it we bought one for my wife three weeks ago! Love OnStar phone service and safety with all 6 airbags, rollover ratings and traction control

On board diagnostics in radio, OnStar

Add cruise and keyless for base model

Great value
By jim

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car two weeks ago and love it. It looks modern and sporty. With rebates I bought it for $14,500 plus tax and liscense. The experts grumble about the susspension and steering, but I find both good and the car fun to drive. Take one for a test drive instead of just reading the experts. This car has mor space, more power, and looks better than a Civic, and it costs less.

Strong performing 4 cylinder, smooth transmission. Handles very well. Exterior styling looks sporty for a family car.

Not having keyless entry standard is ridiculous.

Affordable for the Price
By Steve

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A nice car for the money. I will agree that it is difficult to see in the rear view mirror. Really peppy when passing on the interstate. Nice interior and aux. jack on the radio for the ipod/mp3. Overall a great car.

The OnStar features and the driver info center with the tire pressure and oil life.

Maybe add keyless entry. I really miss this feature form the Grand Am I had prior.