Used 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Great wheels
By marvel90

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Monsoon Sound system is much better than the Bose in the Infiniti I traded. Never had a car before that got "lookers" when I was at the gas station! Only flaw-the instrument panel gauges do not have illumination during the day, great at night!

Fun to drive and turns many heads
By Jamie

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe and it is an amazing car. The street edition kit makes the car look wonderful and everyone notices it. The car is very fun to drive and handles very well on the road. Bumps are barely noticeable. The interior feels great too. If I want the car to accelerate quickly, it launches. The power is great. My only concern with the car is that it seems like it wants to idle rough a little bit at times. I'm not worried the car will leave me stranded, but a brand new car shouldn't do that.

Favorite Features

252 horsepower, heated seats, XM satellite radio, aux jack for iPod connectivity, street edition body style, sunroof, keyless start, adjustable pedals, steering wheel audio controls, comfortable ride, tight steering, nice sound for being factory speakers

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have more head room in the back seat. I'm 5'3 and my head touches the ceiling if I move around too much. Gas mileage isn't great (I average about 20 mpg, mixed city/highway), but my car only has 700 miles on it, and it seems to be improving slightly as I drive the car more.

Street Edition
By zro3486

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a great car. The Street Edition package turns heads. The ground effects kit and the scoops in the hood are gorgeous. The hammerhead spoiler is a little much, but it is starting to grow on me as time goes on. The car has plenty of power and pickup, especially since it is such a small car. I also only get about 17 mpg average between street and highway driving. I blame it mostly on low speed limits in the city I live in. On a road trip, I maintained over 25 mpg.

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the driver's seat. This car is an absolute joy to drive!

Suggested Improvements

There is very little headroom in the back seat. Even my friends who are 5'10" find that the roof of the car is too low. The legroom is manageable. Not having a GPS is fine because a good portable unit is about $300. Getting rid of some of the cheaper plastic parts would also be nice.

My GXP
By Ismael

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my GXP especially since nobody else has it yet. I'm always asked what's a GXP, they don't even realize it's a G6. Looks so much different than all the others. I love that!

Favorite Features

I love the steptronic transmission the most. It's nice to shift it the way i want to when i want to, or just sit back and let it perform on it's own.

Suggested Improvements

The radio console should be touch screen w/ bluetooth and navigation.

What is it ?
By jay haga

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When i saw the commercial announcing the 08 G6 GXP street edition, I knew I had to have one. One week later she was sitting in my garage. I never expected all that she gives. performance is great, from the 3.6vvt,the six speed automatic, and 2.77 gear ratio. Quick as a house cat out of the hole and cruises at less than 2000r's. She feels very nimble cornering and goes great in the snow. I find the seats very comfortable and all controls to be where they should. everywhere I go someone will come up and ask "what is it?" Pontiac has definetly hit a homerun in my opinion. Looks, style, performance (she's not a race car but a great commuter), and fuel mileage for the 21st century.

Favorite Features

The Monsoon stereo w/XM is awesome, six speed auto w/manual shift