2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Great wheels
By marvel90 on 06/22/08 06:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Monsoon Sound system is much better than the Bose in the Infiniti I traded. Never had a car before that got "lookers" when I was at the gas station! Only flaw-the instrument panel gauges do not have illumination during the day, great at night!

Fun to drive and turns many heads
By Jamie on 06/13/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe and it is an amazing car. The street edition kit makes the car look wonderful and everyone notices it. The car is very fun to drive and handles very well on the road. Bumps are barely noticeable. The interior feels great too. If I want the car to accelerate quickly, it launches. The power is great. My only concern with the car is that it seems like it wants to idle rough a little bit at times. I'm not worried the car will leave me stranded, but a brand new car shouldn't do that.

Street Edition
By zro3486 on 04/13/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a great car. The Street Edition package turns heads. The ground effects kit and the scoops in the hood are gorgeous. The hammerhead spoiler is a little much, but it is starting to grow on me as time goes on. The car has plenty of power and pickup, especially since it is such a small car. I also only get about 17 mpg average between street and highway driving. I blame it mostly on low speed limits in the city I live in. On a road trip, I maintained over 25 mpg.

My GXP
By Ismael on 04/09/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my GXP especially since nobody else has it yet. I'm always asked what's a GXP, they don't even realize it's a G6. Looks so much different than all the others. I love that!

What is it ?
By jay haga on 03/05/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When i saw the commercial announcing the 08 G6 GXP street edition, I knew I had to have one. One week later she was sitting in my garage. I never expected all that she gives. performance is great, from the 3.6vvt,the six speed automatic, and 2.77 gear ratio. Quick as a house cat out of the hole and cruises at less than 2000r's. She feels very nimble cornering and goes great in the snow. I find the seats very comfortable and all controls to be where they should. everywhere I go someone will come up and ask "what is it?" Pontiac has definetly hit a homerun in my opinion. Looks, style, performance (she's not a race car but a great commuter), and fuel mileage for the 21st century.

Loving My GXP!
By ObcidianButtrfly on 01/22/08 16:41 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my fisrt new car and I am in love. Everywhere I go it gets looks and comments. Great ride. Pick up is good as well. I would recommend this car to anyone look for a fun sporty yet daily driver car. Love this car, I'll definetly have it for a long time. Exterior design is great. No need for any upgrades, street edition comes loaded.

Best Pontiac in ages
By Sweet G6 GXP on 12/03/07 09:51 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just purchased a 208 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe. It by far is the nicest Pontiac I have ever owned, and is the nicest GM product I ehave ever owned. The new GXP appearance package sets the styling off, I have gotten looks by many people driving close by on the street. The car does well in everyday driving, quiet, smooth, solid; and can take off at the light with the best of them. The 3.6L VVT and 6 speed auto is seamless. Keep up the good work Pontiac (GM)

This car is great
By Mike on 11/29/07 19:50 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2008 GXP coupe, this car is fantastic. The ride is firm without being too firm, it's tight around the corners but quiet and refined over bumps in the road. The interior cabin is quiet and the stock 200 Watt stereo is excellent. The two tone leather seats look great and the highly bolstered sides are conforming without being intrusive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Pontiac G6 Coupe in VA is:

$137 per month*