2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
My G6 Convertible
By Darcelle Strother on 08/15/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second G6 that I have owned. The quality is great, the performance is fantastic and I enjoy the hard top convertible. Very sleek and classy.

Don't get me started
By Susan on 04/27/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My advice - don't fall for the fact its a convertible! I bought my car with only 3000 miles on it. I owned it for 6 months and called it quits. I would have paid for the dealer to take it back. I did love it when the top was down but that is all I can say that is positive. The car constantly pulled to the right. The hardtop constantly rattled when it was closed. The breaks didn't seem to want to stop and forget trying to drive it in the snow. It scared me to death. I had to get rid of it. I now own an eclipse again. I actually feel safe again. Is the car cute? Yes. Hot? Not hot enough to stress over daily. This is my opinion. Others seem to love it.

1st and last GM product.
By Unhappyg6owner on 04/19/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car over a Ford Mustang convertible because it was front wheel drive. Wasn't impressed with the acceleration, but this was after driving the Mustang. In the beginning I loved the car. The car looked great with the top down and even better with the top up. Sluggish and had too much pause between shifting. Horrible in snow, so ended up driving my truck all winter anyways. Now almost 8 months later I am in a rental car while I wait for my transmission to be fully rebuilt. The moldings around the seats are coming off for no reason. There is no where to put anything. Cup holders are in a bad place. Random rattles. More things, but running out of room. Should have bought the Ford.

Midlife Crisis Resolved
By Gary B. on 04/17/09 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car! The ride is smooth and comfortable with plenty of power, zip, and pep. It's simply a blast to drive top up or top down. With the top up I've heard a few times, 'how is that a convertible'? I get fond looks and compliments from many folks with the top down. I enjoy driving it as well as being a passenger. Move the front seat a notch or two and I'm comfortable in the back seat and I'm 6'2". I know there's room for 4 adult sized adults in this car. No room in the trunk with the top down? So what, there's plenty of room in the back seat. Mustang can't say that!

Great car, fun and comfortable
By j. brown on 01/10/09 16:29 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had a Chrysler 300C, so originally thought car would be too small. But at 6' 2", It fits great. Comfortable, smooth ride. I got compliments on this car from other drivers on the test drive. Car looks unique on the street with the top up and really cool with top down.

Fun Car to Own & Drive
By Peggy Woodward on 01/08/09 18:53 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Finally bought my first convertible. I looked for about a year before deciding on the Pontiac G-6. So far, I have been pleased with it. I have had a few rattles develop, but the dealer has taken care of them, no mechanical problems. I get a lot of looks driving around town with the top down, Really fun car to drive, and for the money, you could not beat it.

Wifes loves her car
By Bigchief on 10/11/08 01:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With a family of 4, this is the only choice for a convertible. Excellent all around performance. A lot of rattling after 1000 miles, the dealer greased the door latches and no more problems. The brakes started to squeak at 3000, the dealer installed ceramic pads (under warranty) problem solved. The fun factor is 100% as well as her satisfaction.

Fun & economy!
By happytoes on 10/08/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am loving my 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible with greater mileage than I expected (32 MPG hwy/22 city). Just so fun to drive, & observe the admiring glances at the car. The acceleration, relative quiet of ride, on-command manual transmission, sound system, fit & finish are up to the most finicky standards, for the price range. Such a great value..I am very happy with this car (former Buick LaCrosse CXL owner)

The critics don't own the cars they rate
By new pontiac fan on 10/05/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This a great fun package, and I am one of the few around that owned the original Ford version. MY first car 40 years ago was a rusty old ford retractable hardtop, and I was hooked. Have had other convertibles since and own a nice 1980 corvette now. Have never looked at Pontiac till I saw this convertible and had to have it. 3.5 v6 powerful enough and very smooth. White diamond tri-coat with taupe leather, what a stunning car. I knew there would be no trunk and bought it anyway instead of a mustang convertible. Intend to keep this car for at least 10 years.

My Latest Convertible
By OldMGDriver on 09/06/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a 1958 TR-3A, a 1972 MGB and a 1988 Chevy Cavalier Z24 convertible in my driving lifetime and this is the best overall package in the bunch. The only drawback is the tiny trunk when the hardtop is stowed, but, for heaven's sake, it IS a hardtop convertible! The thing must go somewhere! Fit and finish seems excellent. Several storage cubbyholes in the cockpit are very handy for stowage of manuals, remote controls and other "glove box" items. ONStar and XM radio are wonderful additions. The ac/heater vents have provided a perfect home for my Garmin GPS. We'll see how she likes the trip up to our condo in Flagstaff.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.