Used 2008 Pontiac G6 GT Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

My G6 Convertible
By Darcelle Strother

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second G6 that I have owned. The quality is great, the performance is fantastic and I enjoy the hard top convertible. Very sleek and classy.

Hard Top Convertible, Ease in driving, Heated seats, OnStar

Don't get me started
By Susan

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My advice - don't fall for the fact its a convertible! I bought my car with only 3000 miles on it. I owned it for 6 months and called it quits. I would have paid for the dealer to take it back. I did love it when the top was down but that is all I can say that is positive. The car constantly pulled to the right. The hardtop constantly rattled when it was closed. The breaks didn't seem to want to stop and forget trying to drive it in the snow. It scared me to death. I had to get rid of it. I now own an eclipse again. I actually feel safe again. Is the car cute? Yes. Hot? Not hot enough to stress over daily. This is my opinion. Others seem to love it.

Roomy inside. Love the look when the top was down.

Work on the steering and breaks and do something with that rattling in the convertible top.

1st and last GM product.
By Unhappyg6owner

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car over a Ford Mustang convertible because it was front wheel drive. Wasn't impressed with the acceleration, but this was after driving the Mustang. In the beginning I loved the car. The car looked great with the top down and even better with the top up. Sluggish and had too much pause between shifting. Horrible in snow, so ended up driving my truck all winter anyways. Now almost 8 months later I am in a rental car while I wait for my transmission to be fully rebuilt. The moldings around the seats are coming off for no reason. There is no where to put anything. Cup holders are in a bad place. Random rattles. More things, but running out of room. Should have bought the Ford.

Looks great, top up or down. Smooth ride & handles decent. The stereo system is awesome. I like the steering wheel controls. A lot of fun watching the top go up & down (like an episode of "Transformers"). Remote start. Warranty (tow truck guy was super nice when my transmission left me stranded).

Transmission, higher quality moldings, the change holder to the left of the steering wheel eats things (lost 3 credit cards before I realized they were falling inside the dash). Dash material hard to clean. More power, better gas mileage (my car doesn't get much better mileage than my big V-8 F- 150

Midlife Crisis Resolved
By Gary B.

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car! The ride is smooth and comfortable with plenty of power, zip, and pep. It's simply a blast to drive top up or top down. With the top up I've heard a few times, 'how is that a convertible'? I get fond looks and compliments from many folks with the top down. I enjoy driving it as well as being a passenger. Move the front seat a notch or two and I'm comfortable in the back seat and I'm 6'2". I know there's room for 4 adult sized adults in this car. No room in the trunk with the top down? So what, there's plenty of room in the back seat. Mustang can't say that!

one button top up/down (no latches to pull); heated seats; onstar and xm radio; tilting and telescoping steering wheel; adjustable foot pedals; steering wheel mounted radio and cruise controls; lighted controls.

Improving the fuel economy a smidge would make this car perfect.

Great car, fun and comfortable
By j. brown

2008 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had a Chrysler 300C, so originally thought car would be too small. But at 6' 2", It fits great. Comfortable, smooth ride. I got compliments on this car from other drivers on the test drive. Car looks unique on the street with the top up and really cool with top down.

Two-tone leather seats, chrome wheels and hardtop convertible

Better mileage, not bad at 21 city, but you always want to save more at the pump