Used 2008 Pontiac G6 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Hold on tight, its a wild ride!
By Hordewar

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an extreamly great car for school, work, and just to either deck out or just drive. Its verry fun to drive and the fuel economy is the best ever compared to my old 85 s-10, it had a v6 2.8l but it was a mess, this car saved me and its awesome.

Not very Fuel Friendly
By ballbreaker910

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 44k to replace a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant with 203,000 miles. It came equipped with a sunroof, remote starter, aux jack and onstar. Was excited to purchase this car especially since GM boasted that this car would get over 32 mpg hwy which was where this car would spend most of its time. However I was only able to get 17 mpg combined. I spoke to 3 GM mechanics & was sold a load of crap about winter air causing loss of fuel economy and trying to use Hess or Shell gas to get better gas mileage. Nothing worked. GM would do nothing to assist. This 4cyl car was a gas-guzzler. I also own a 2005 Grand Prix (V6) that gets way better gas mileage. Other than that, I liked it

Onstar, Remote Starter, Aux Jack, sunroof and 17 inch tire

There is no more Pntiac but this car is a replica of the Mlibu. The gas mileage needs to be addressed

Less than I expected
By veritas57

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Quality that is. Purchased this car from a dealer with only 18,000 miles. Could have chosen a model with the V6, but chose the 2.4 Eco. MISTAKE! This car can't get out of it's own way, especially with the AC on. Had the car 2 months now, and it's been a big disapoinment. Been in for a steering rod replacement, twice. Other issues include a rattling sun roof shade, annoying vibration and hum at 2400 rpm, low quality dash, poor ergonomics with the armrests being too low. Don't get the 2.4 if you're use to a V6. You'll be disapointed. And the gas mileage averages 25 mpg for combination 70/30 hwy/city driving. I got the same with a Buick LeSabre with a 3.8 V6. Finally, lots of engine noice insid

Pretty decent sound system. Dependable handling but not sportscar material

Put some more torque into the 2.4. Give it some power.

Low Fuel Eonomy in town.
By krazzyh27

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used from a rental dealership. I love the car except that I am getting terrible gas mileage in town! Only 13-15mpg. (I have an occasional lead foot.) On the highway, this car is superior, getting between 25-35mpg. I do 90% town driving though, so this is a little frustrating for me. I owned two older Ford Taurus before and this car handles much better but it is getting about the same game mileage as the dinosaurs I traded in on it. My husband and I are 5'8" and 5'9" and we have decent room in the front seat and my daughter is 5'10" and has just enough in the back seat. Not much room for extras. Car seats 4 comfortable, a 5th smaller person "touching arms".

Interior and highway miles, nice power for a 4 cylinder. Digital tire pressure, gas mileage, gauges, etc. on dashboard.

Fabric for the seats could be a little stronger. Driver side seat fabric is starting to stretch a little in two spots. Better in town gas mileage.

Love my G6
By moNique

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Have had no problems and great gas mileage 24/30+..:) Great design and great to drive. The extra air bags make me feel so safe with my year old daughter! I would love get another one in the future but Pontiac is no longer with us, and i have a feeling this car will last me a long time and the last model (10') will be to old!

design, gas mileage, air bags, everything!

Not to roomy in the back, but it don't bother me I'm the driver!