2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Not very Fuel Friendly
By ballbreaker910 on 05/16/12 22:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 44k to replace a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant with 203,000 miles. It came equipped with a sunroof, remote starter, aux jack and onstar. Was excited to purchase this car especially since GM boasted that this car would get over 32 mpg hwy which was where this car would spend most of its time. However I was only able to get 17 mpg combined. I spoke to 3 GM mechanics & was sold a load of crap about winter air causing loss of fuel economy and trying to use Hess or Shell gas to get better gas mileage. Nothing worked. GM would do nothing to assist. This 4cyl car was a gas-guzzler. I also own a 2005 Grand Prix (V6) that gets way better gas mileage. Other than that, I liked it

Less than I expected
By veritas57 on 07/23/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Quality that is. Purchased this car from a dealer with only 18,000 miles. Could have chosen a model with the V6, but chose the 2.4 Eco. MISTAKE! This car can't get out of it's own way, especially with the AC on. Had the car 2 months now, and it's been a big disapoinment. Been in for a steering rod replacement, twice. Other issues include a rattling sun roof shade, annoying vibration and hum at 2400 rpm, low quality dash, poor ergonomics with the armrests being too low. Don't get the 2.4 if you're use to a V6. You'll be disapointed. And the gas mileage averages 25 mpg for combination 70/30 hwy/city driving. I got the same with a Buick LeSabre with a 3.8 V6. Finally, lots of engine noice insid

Low Fuel Eonomy in town.
By krazzyh27 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used from a rental dealership. I love the car except that I am getting terrible gas mileage in town! Only 13-15mpg. (I have an occasional lead foot.) On the highway, this car is superior, getting between 25-35mpg. I do 90% town driving though, so this is a little frustrating for me. I owned two older Ford Taurus before and this car handles much better but it is getting about the same game mileage as the dinosaurs I traded in on it. My husband and I are 5'8" and 5'9" and we have decent room in the front seat and my daughter is 5'10" and has just enough in the back seat. Not much room for extras. Car seats 4 comfortable, a 5th smaller person "touching arms".

Love my G6
By moNique on 07/14/10 03:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Have had no problems and great gas mileage 24/30+..:) Great design and great to drive. The extra air bags make me feel so safe with my year old daughter! I would love get another one in the future but Pontiac is no longer with us, and i have a feeling this car will last me a long time and the last model (10') will be to old!

08 Pontiac G6
By Kelli on 04/14/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Pontiac G6 brand new in April 2008. About two months later I started to have problems with it. Its the same problem every time. The passenger side window leaks all the time. I have had it fixed three times already. In Nov. 09 I steering and strut went. I would never recommend Pontiac to anyone. I have looked at other cars but my payments are so cheap, plus it is pretty cool having a car that wasn't made for very long.

G6 is about GM and its struggles
By ajl on 12/21/09 06:15 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have inherited this car, so it's not one I would have purchased. I would have at least bought a V6 model. The build quality is pretty good. At 13k miles, it's still really solid, no squeaks or rattles. The interior is much better then any GM car I can remember, although still not Honda or Toyota quality. Lots of room in the back seat, although the outside visibility is poor compared to the imports I'm used to. The engine is very coarse compared to a Honda and the 4 speed automatic hunts for gears and shifts into overdrive too early. Not a bad car, not great either. FYI: Owners manual recommends premium fuel for best performance. In a base model car?

love this car
By NBKEN on 08/02/09 20:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car fora month, a blast to drive so far so good

Never Again!
By Never Again! on 08/02/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues. I take it in at least once a month to be fixed, mainly with Brakes and Power steering. Brakes replaced twice fixed four times. First set of brakes were replaced at 9,000 miles. Power steering sensor fixed once then replaced once because it would lock on me while Id drive. Feel very unsafe in this car. Dealership won't do anything for me. Trying to argue the MI Lemon Law with Pontiac Corp. Have also had issues with tire pressure. Let's just say, I will never get a GM again... doing everything I can to get out of this lease!!

My G6 Experience, so far
By Norman Potter on 04/26/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my G6 for under a year and am already having problems. At about 7500 miles I started noticing that the brakes were becoming comparable to those of my previous vehicle, which was 13 years old. About a month ago I noticed that it starts to shake and squeak when accelerating from a dead stop. I noticed earlier this week that when driving at around 30 mph there is a squeaking noise that sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment, or possibly the wheel bearings. I currently have about 12,000 miles on it and about 90 percent of those miles are highway driving miles. The car has ran well for me so far as the only problems have been noise and shaking. As well as brake wear.

2008 Pontiac G6 4cyl - Sun and Sound Pkg
By BAPerformance on 02/26/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car to replace my girlfriend's ailing 2004 Pontiac Grand Am V6 SE. She took a drive in a demo vehicle and loved it immediately. My dad bought an 06 new and has loved it so I thought it would be a good vehicle to try. We compared it online with all the other comparable cars in its class and enjoyed this one the most. She wanted a sunroof and 4cylinder for fuel economy so this fit the bill. The telescopic steering wheel, cockpit feel, good looks, and smooth handling sold it for her.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.