2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Warranty issues
By madashell on 09/06/10 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car brand new - $19,000 + - paid cash. First year - awesome except radio replacement due to the buttons chipping - 2nd year, serpentine belt, u-joints. 3rd year - getting radio replaced AGAIN due to chipping. Seats are fading - was told it was due to the mileage - umm, 30k only. Have GM now involved - but they just want to give me a certificate for $4k off a new GM car. You are kidding right? I'm buying Ford and cannot wait until this radio is put in so I can get a decent private sale or trade in. What a joke - and what a thing for a dealer to say seats fade at 30k! No more GM for me!

g6 is reason for gm failing
By steve on 03/31/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 g6 for my wife and it was a nightmare from the time we purchased it almost 2 years ago till we traded it in a few weeks ago. Premature brake failure on rotors and pads at 6000 miles, Pontiac says it was due to wife's poor driving habits and would not cover under warranty. Then the iceing on the cake was when the steering went out at 9,000 miles and I had had enough. If I had done my research on this car I would have seen that brake problems and steering failures are a common problem with the g6 and gm refuses to do anything about it.

honeymoon is over with the 08 g6
By steve on 05/25/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this 08 g6 back in sept, 2007. At about 9,000 miles the steering system broke and needed to be replaced. Then the brake rotors began to warp shortly afterwards. Service adviser told me that these are some of the common problems with the g6 and Pontiac has no plans to fix or remedy the problem. I traded in the g6 a few months ago for a Honda Civic. Thank you Honda. Buyer beware! Avoid the g6 at all costs!

My love with the G6
By Unknown Jackass on 05/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a car accident that wrecked my car but i got it fixed for my son as a first car i had a Ford (fix or repair daily) Taurus (that was garbage) so I went on a look for a new car and i bought a one year old at the time 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and fell in love with GM so when i other car was being fixed I got a rental that was never driven before and it was a 2008 Pontiac G6 almost loaded and i bought one 2 months ago because it was the greatest car i have driven (and my son need his car)

Nice car but lacking important qualities
By aregister11 on 04/10/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall a nice car; comfortable, decent pick-up for a 4 cyl car, and nice radio with mp3 jack. I think that the exterior makes the car look more expensive than it is. My big problems with this car is the lack of keyless entry and the fuel economy. There is only one keyhole on the drivers door and it only unlocks that door-a big pain with full hands. Also I only get about 21mpg which is a big let down to me. I feel like I'm filling up all the time. I'm glad it's a lease. I miss my 06 Hyundai Elantra; it was cheaper had keyless entry and much better fuel economy. My advice - check other cars in this price range before buying, you may feel that you get more for your money.

Good value for your dollar
By Greg on 03/27/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased for $12,000 (Thanks, GM Card dollars!). At that price nothing really competes. I was able to get the dealer to add cruise, and for those that really want remote locks that can be added as well. Note the gas mileage will be less if the car has the 3.91 axle ratio, but will have more pep. So if you are shooting for 30 MPG be aware of the "optional" axle ratio issue. Easy to drive, but a little hard to get in and out of as doors are narrow top to bottom. I do 90% highway cruising, and this is quite and very smooth for its size. I understand wiper blades are expensive, so try and get covered under bumper-to- bumper warranty. Also, no key hole on passenger door, seems odd.

Excellent car
By Alex on 03/06/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a really good car at this price. Good exterier, fantastic stereo, good power, 100000 miles/5 years limited warranty, etc. A lot of good things. I love this car. Although somebody told me the interior is not good, I chose the light interior, and it is really great.

Best Safety for the buck
By tom on 02/17/08 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my daughter due to safety, price and looks, so happy with it we bought one for my wife three weeks ago! Love OnStar phone service and safety with all 6 airbags, rollover ratings and traction control

Great value
By jim on 02/01/08 21:26 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car two weeks ago and love it. It looks modern and sporty. With rebates I bought it for $14,500 plus tax and liscense. The experts grumble about the susspension and steering, but I find both good and the car fun to drive. Take one for a test drive instead of just reading the experts. This car has mor space, more power, and looks better than a Civic, and it costs less.

Affordable for the Price
By Steve on 11/26/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A nice car for the money. I will agree that it is difficult to see in the rear view mirror. Really peppy when passing on the interstate. Nice interior and aux. jack on the radio for the ipod/mp3. Overall a great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.