Used 2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Stylish, fast and comfortable!
By Paige A

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Low gas mileage. Head room is average, so if you are tall this is not your car! Looks great with top up and down. I get a lot of compliments and head turns because there aren't many of them out there! It is fun to drive and the sound system is great. Getting in and out of the backseat is difficult, but this is not a car you buy for a family or for frequent trips with groups. Getting groceries is ok with the top up, but of course with the top down the groceries have to go in the back seat because the top is in the trunk. Surprisingly good trunk space with the top up though! Overall this is a great convertible and the hard top is a great thing for those of us with cats! The only negative is that the trunk is very heavy because of the roof lift mechanism, and the trunk eventually "wears out" in that it won't stay up when you lift it. A friend with the same car said it is very expensive so e to fix that so you just live with it.

Warranty issues
By madashell

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car brand new - $19,000 + - paid cash. First year - awesome except radio replacement due to the buttons chipping - 2nd year, serpentine belt, u-joints. 3rd year - getting radio replaced AGAIN due to chipping. Seats are fading - was told it was due to the mileage - umm, 30k only. Have GM now involved - but they just want to give me a certificate for $4k off a new GM car. You are kidding right? I'm buying Ford and cannot wait until this radio is put in so I can get a decent private sale or trade in. What a joke - and what a thing for a dealer to say seats fade at 30k! No more GM for me!

Fix the radio issue

g6 is reason for gm failing
By steve

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 g6 for my wife and it was a nightmare from the time we purchased it almost 2 years ago till we traded it in a few weeks ago. Premature brake failure on rotors and pads at 6000 miles, Pontiac says it was due to wife's poor driving habits and would not cover under warranty. Then the iceing on the cake was when the steering went out at 9,000 miles and I had had enough. If I had done my research on this car I would have seen that brake problems and steering failures are a common problem with the g6 and gm refuses to do anything about it.

honeymoon is over with the 08 g6
By steve

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this 08 g6 back in sept, 2007. At about 9,000 miles the steering system broke and needed to be replaced. Then the brake rotors began to warp shortly afterwards. Service adviser told me that these are some of the common problems with the g6 and Pontiac has no plans to fix or remedy the problem. I traded in the g6 a few months ago for a Honda Civic. Thank you Honda. Buyer beware! Avoid the g6 at all costs!

trading the g6 in for the Honda...

build the car with better quality parts and not parts to make tonka toys out of.

My love with the G6
By Unknown Jackass

2008 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a car accident that wrecked my car but i got it fixed for my son as a first car i had a Ford (fix or repair daily) Taurus (that was garbage) so I went on a look for a new car and i bought a one year old at the time 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and fell in love with GM so when i other car was being fixed I got a rental that was never driven before and it was a 2008 Pontiac G6 almost loaded and i bought one 2 months ago because it was the greatest car i have driven (and my son need his car)

AUX MP3 port, Red sport lighting at night, chrome shifter, and the gauges

All should come with spoiler they make them 10 billion times better looking from the back it sure made mine better also work on the back of the car more (kind of crappy looking in the back)