The future freaks me out.
By pontiacg607 on
2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I like the way my G6 looks. Otherwise, the car make me nervos. My steering has made that infamous clunking noise since I bought it, but when I bought it, the car was already out of warranty, so I just live with it. At this point, I don't even notice it anymore. I also had to stick a piece of cardboard inside my key fob because the part that holds the battery in place broke. The interior is cheap, but attractive. The car has nearly 82,000 miles on it and hasn't seriously let me down yet, but I am starting to get worried. I do have a wheel bearing going bad I think. I will keep this thing until it dies, but if I could do it over, I would do my research and buy something else.
Favorite Features
I really like the exterior and interior appearance. It also gets decent gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
GM could have done a better job on this car period. I think long term reliability will be a problem with this car. The trunk is big, but has a small opening, the wind noise when the rear windows are down is like nothing I have ever heard. It's almost painful. The key fobs are junk, the electric power steering makes me nervous, and the car feels like the brakes are still on sometimes when i'm driving. It's hard to describe, but it sure doesn't feel normal.
By dannweiler
on 01/15/14 20:30 PM (PST)

That clunking noise is cause by the intermediate steering shaft. It is possible you can have it lubricated, but it may need to be replaced. I had mine replaced. [HTML removed]