2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Review: Not perfect, but very good!

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Review

GT Convertible (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Not perfect, but very good!
By sailorbeavis on

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one of these cars off-season last year, fully loaded with the Monsoon stereo, heated leather and low mileage on the 3.9L upgraded V6. This is my mother's "fun car," replacing a workhorse S10 pickup. We test drove all sorts of cars, and were looking at a Miata when I found this at a local dealership. She fell in love with it at first sight and after driving it, had to have it. This thing moves like a scalded cat and the touring suspension soaks up the bumps great, even with the 18" wheels. The transmission is smooth and you can "row" the automatic if you want. We got it as a CPO with extended warranty, to hedge against any mechanical or electrical gremlins.

Torque, torque, torque, and top-down fun. That's what this thing is all about. Although the styling is European, there is no air of haughtiness about this car, no premise of "luxury" although the leather seats are supportive and comfortable. It is a Pontiac - a cruiser with a little bit of attitude. It says to you, "C'mon. Hop in, put the top down, and let's go somewhere." I am surprised by how livable this car is. The cockpit is small for bigger drivers, but the power seats are great and there's plenty of legroom in back. Don't think of taking a family vacation in this car though - unless you want to carry your luggage on your lap. The trunk shrinks to nothing with the top down.

None, since Pontiac is no longer in business. However, if I were to modify my own car to "fix" anything, it would be upgraded interior materials and a better stereo head unit. This car was more expensive than the Sebring but the Chrysler has better fit and finish overall. And it seems that very few manufacturers offered standard iPod / AUX jacks on their stereos until 2009 or so. The GM stereos integrate the Driver Information Center into the head unit, which means that upgrading is a pain. I have been told that the 2009 model stereo will work. We'll see.
By lindamills
on 03/14/15 18:19 PM (PDT)

This is absolutely funny! Except for I was with my daughter in law and not my son, the mom in this review is me! Right down to the Chevy S10. :) I absolutely love this car, I probably paid a bit too much for it but for me it is all about what I want and the minute I saw mine, I wanted it. And living in the Pacific W< a hardtop convertible beats a soft top any day. I am very happy with it!