2007 Pontiac G6 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Looks can be deceiving

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Review

GTP Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Looks can be deceiving
By TexasGRL on

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2007 with less than 16k on it. It was great for the first month then I started having trouble with the steering and the sunroof leaking. It took more than 4 times being in the shop to fix both the sunroof and steering. This car has LOTS of rattles and squeaks that thankfully the monsoon sound system blares out. This is my 1st GM vehichle. Have owned a mustang and a F150 which i got rid of to get this car. Let's just say my f150 had 180k on it and ran like a dream - would rather take it on a trip cross country than my g6 which now has less than 50k on it. Now having horrible gas mileage ( about 19mpg ) and brakes squealing awefully. Just had new brakes less than 1 yr ago.

Favorite Features

The car looks great and is sporty. The look sold me becuase I am a ford girl and ford did not make very sporty looking 4 door cars. The heated leather seats and 6 disc cd changer is a great option.

Suggested Improvements

Better steering, better spoilier and better gas mileage without sacrificing power.