Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Love to Hate Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
By Linda

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Always wanted a convertible, husband pushed me to get hard top retractable for safety reasons. I have really enjoyed the look, the feel, and the convertible. Several draw backs in the build mechanically. Replaced the front rotors twice already, 57,000 miles now replacing the water pump and soon will need to replace the intake manifold. Live in country, roads rough, but not abusive. Had collision with a dear and was amazed at the little damage caused and appreciative of how safe I felt. Cost to fix was very high, front bumper and headlamps, cost 7000. Covered under insurance, however very high. Brake pads seem to go often, every 3-4 months, don't live on big hills like in PA either.

Exterior design. Durability for accidents. Oil percentage feature. Retractable top. Two tone color concept.

Brake design for less wear. control button on door opener to put top down or one button push without holding. Better mechanical stability. Water pump, intake manifold,airbag service issue (this shouldn't ever be an issue), Interior design to make full back seat, tire choices extremely limited.

Great car!
By Angela

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a year and a half now and I have absolutely no complaints! I bought it with 32,000 miles as it was a rental car, but it looks great, runs perfectly, and the 3.5l V6 is perfect. Such a fun, sporty car to drive. I love it! I don't know what everyone else is complaining about.

Exterior looks, red dash lighting, backseat leg room, big trunk, rear spoiler.

Windshield wiper controls were hard to get used to and cushier seats. Not very important, but that's all I can think of.

Good car for little cost
By mjswan

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought mine used for a song. Perfect car for commuting 25 miles with mostly LA freeway traffic. Gas mileage is very good if you drive reasonably. In the first year I put on 35,000 miles and hav no complaints about quality or drivability. My wife thinks it looks better than most of the smaller sedans on the road--it doesn't look like everything else out there. Overall a very underrated car.

You can buy them pretty cheap, good mileage, fairly comfortable.

Radio can't be replaced with after- market unless you want to lose the engine info, fuel mileage, outside temp, etc. The six speed transmission on the new ones would be nice, but the four speed certainly does the job.

This Car Saved My Husband's Life
By Denise

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read numerous bad reviews on the G-6, but I have to say I truly believe this car is the reason my husband is still alive. He was almost run off the road by another vehicle trying to move into his lane on the interstate causing him to lose control, hit a guardrail and flip one and half times. The car is a complete loss of course, but my husband walked away with one stitch in his elbow and an abrasion on his hand. The interior cabin (except for the airbag and the windshield busting out) was completely untouched. Everyone including the employee at the junk yard could not believe my husband walked away. I will miss my pretty blue car but I will forever be grateful it saved his life.

Safety and style

Hate this car!
By Hate this car!!

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in '07. I LOVED it until winter came. This car does not hold to the road in snow or rain. It is DANGEROUS! I drive 88 miles each day and dread winter because I know my life will be spent in the car driving 20 miles/hour so that I do not wreck. At 72,000 miles today, I have had to replace the brakes, rotors, and now I have a leak somewhere between the sunroof and floor board. (Car flooded overnight during rainstorm- what a nightmare to wake up to!) Interior is cheap, cheap, cheap! Take my advice- choose a different car!

Fun to drive in the summer. Handles nicely when no precipitation on the road.

Where to begin?