2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
2007 G6 3.5L sport package
By Bob on 10/21/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

original owner, intermediat steering shaft,brakes and now in shop for intake gasket leaking oil. It's all covered but would be Pist if I had to pay out of pocket. Dealer set me up with a rental car and less than 1 day to fix each time. I like the car and handles good with good power. The 6 speeds are way over rated I have 4sp A/T and have logged 32MPG loaded down on our trip to Canada with A/C cranking (72MPH). All vehicles have issue just look them up. I work for import car company and they also have issues some worse some better. MPG on the imports are about the same give/take. With demand for MPG 8 speeds,dual clutch and more CVT transmisisons. Little improvement, heavy and big $$$$

I hate it
By Brittney on 09/28/09 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 06 ford explorer off for a g6 because I started to get too high off mileage on my explorer and I needed something that got better gas mileage. I liked the way it looked on the outside. The inside wasn't bad at first and it drove alright. Within the first month it was in the shop three times for rotors, brake pads and steering column problems. Now, the silver trim is peeling off. It looked cheap on the inside to begin with but now looks even cheaper.

Got worse with more miles
By Scott on 09/25/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car seems to have gotten worse with more miles. I now have almost 29,000 miles and I've already had to replace the brakes, turn rotors, AC stopped blowing recently, numerous alignment and tire issues, needed to get the steering column lubed (now it's starting to make noise again), had to have passenger side airbag sensor replaced once and serviced two other times. Unfortunately it feels like the reliability is not there. It feels like the more miles I get on the car the more things go out. Car handles well and cruises real nice at high speeds on interstate. I feel like Pontiac just threw this car together real quick. I will shop around more next time.

its a so-so car
By adam on 09/20/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like my 2007 2.4l g6 it drives well and I bought it new. At 23,000 miles I didn't have to do any Major repairs. I have noticed that when you turn and take off fast there is a "clunking" noise that is starting to annoy me. I have called the dealer and they said it must be because of the speed I'm taking off at but that's not true.

It's a decent, reliable car, very roomy!
By KK on 07/25/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 07 for about a year and a half. I have had minor issues that I have taken it into the dealership, but nothing major thus far. I agree with other people about the interior plastic type pieces being cheap. Other than the cheap plastic pieces it's an overall good car. The trunk space is amazing!!!!!

Great car
By Angela on 07/20/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in February '09 after trading in my '03 Chevy Impala. I'm very impressed with it so far. It had 35,000 miles on it due to it being a rental car, yet I haven't had any problems at all. It drives great and looks awesome. I've had GM vehicles for the past 5 years and haven't had any major problems with any of them. Now if only Ford could do the same. lol!

NEVER A PONTIAC AGAIN!!!!!!!!
By pah75045 on 06/17/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a piece of junk!!! I bought this car with only 28,000 mi. The car came with its original bumper to bumper warranty. At 29,000 mi I had grinding in my steering wheel 36,000 mi everything really went to heck. My steering wheel once again stared making the grinding sound again. The car started to loose its power and the car started to get horrible on gas. By the time I traded it in I fill up at least 4 and to some time 4 times a week. At 38,000 I had to replace the brakes and let me tell you it like rocket science to replace those brakes. At 40,000 my struts were out and it was going to cost me 1200 to get them replaced.

Caution
By Steve on 06/12/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased 4/07. Wheel bearing replaced at 12,000 miles. Now at 20,000 back in the shop for "clunking" in the steering. Car will not stay aligned, constantly fighting the steering wheel (aligned 4 times). On the positive side, looks good, 3.5 engine runs well. I bought the sports package, maybe that is the problem. Will still buy American, probably not GM.

Great Car
By Kevin The Krazy 1 on 06/01/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For all of you who have wrote bad reviews about the car, you must not know how to drive. Ive drove my 07 G6 115,000mi in two years. The only two problems I had were dirty fuel injectors and the cadilac convertor was replaced. Finally, after 115,000 the struts are starting to go bad but thats because of all the pot holes. The car runs great, looks great, handles great and im thinking about upgrading to an 09. If you have break problems with only 10,000mi maybe your slamming on the brakes too much and overheating the rotors...

not worth your money
By downsthgagirl on 05/24/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new and started having problems/safety issues from day one. Mechanical, steering, wiring, brakes, rotors, engine, and throttle body has gone out. Contacted gm customer service and not getting any help. Car to dangerous for me and my son to be in but now one wants to help me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.