2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
70,000 Miles
By Brandi on 03/12/10 15:56 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I keep up the maintenance on it and I drive it with care. I have not had any of the brake and rotor problems that I read about. I did have a loose screw in my brake caliper and something was wrong with my rack and pinion that was covered under my warranty. The seats are hard and unsupportive. The plastic on my factory radio buttons has peeled off from normal use and until the motor warms up it has trouble switching gears (since I hit 60,000 miles). I get great gas mileage though around 28 MPG. Also due to the design, the back doors stay dirty and I can't keep them clean. I would recommend this car, but don't buy one new or you will be 8-10k upside down as soon as you drive off the lot.

I like this car...
By Lisa on 03/03/10 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have just bought a 2007 pontiac G6 GT, yes I know I'm saying I like it now because I havn't had it long, but it has done me well so far, it does have a little popping noise when I turn the wheel, but my car has 40K and was totaled, so not a big deal yet. My brakes are a little bit of a problem because I'm used to touchy brakes and these are soft compared to my old car, still not a big problem I'll have to adjust. All cars have problems,I know that,they were a newer car(2007)and there was going to be bugs. Not every car is the same just some are lemons. Trust me this car is alsome conpared to all the other cars I have had. The only other car I would take for this car is a Mazda or a Honda

OVERALL GREAT CAR
By seekwolf on 03/02/10 22:37 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the sport package with the 3.5 L V6, i bought this car for a decent price @ 29,000 miles. It was a rental car and it hasn't failed me yet. IT has gone on 1200 mile trips getting 30 mpg twice. And it has gone on 800 mile trips twice with no problems what-so-ever. I haven't had to do a thing except change the oil every 3-5k. I bought a extended warranty and didn't get to use it. Annoying.

Steering Problems
By Jon on 01/19/10 11:54 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 13 miles on it, great car, always started in the cold (-45 degrees f). Then i noticed I had a clunk in the front left. The dealership "never heard anything, and can't see any problems." This was common during turns especially with more that one person in the car, they finally fix it. It was the strut, it wasn't secured right. They secured the strut but the sound was still there, the rack & pinion had to be replaced, twice. The starter went out at about 40,000 miles. 43,000 miles, the clunk now turned into a squeak, it happens even when I get into the car. I'm glad I splurged and got the 60mo/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. The dealer hates me, oh well.

Horrible Ride 4 college student
By Brandon on 12/25/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Im a college student so i needed a reliable ride! This was definitely NOT what i was expecting. Car was good at first then became extremely horrible. Kept up with the maintenance but the stupid POWER REDUCED spell kicked in anyway! Ended up trading for Nissan Sentra and will never look at an American car the same way!!

Runs good decent mileage looks
By jazbo01 on 12/20/09 14:09 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car with 20K on it a yr old. It has 75k on it now the car shakes VIOLENTLY when you brake from highway speeds always has. In the snow.. what happened to the ETS off button from the grand ams..you cant get any momentum in deep snow. it rides like a rock you cant spin the tires in deep snow and braking on ice.. abs is wayyyy to sensitive. now the heat went out on her.. i took a look and found very low coolant levels. I am a certified auto tech and I drive a toyota 4x4, my wife will have a yota before spring. Every GM I have owned i have not been happy. for a truck I have dodge-no issues for everyday toyota 4runner-incredible, no wonder GM is in trouble..but runs good go gm

(3.9L 6cyl 6M)
By no its a secret on 12/12/09 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks and power. The 3.9 has power at all rpm. The clutch shifts smooth. Mine has the sun and sound pkg, premium pkg, Performance pkg (3.9 HO 6 speed manual) Crimson red and Taupe leather

Looks can be deceiving
By TexasGRL on 11/28/09 15:52 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2007 with less than 16k on it. It was great for the first month then I started having trouble with the steering and the sunroof leaking. It took more than 4 times being in the shop to fix both the sunroof and steering. This car has LOTS of rattles and squeaks that thankfully the monsoon sound system blares out. This is my 1st GM vehichle. Have owned a mustang and a F150 which i got rid of to get this car. Let's just say my f150 had 180k on it and ran like a dream - would rather take it on a trip cross country than my g6 which now has less than 50k on it. Now having horrible gas mileage ( about 19mpg ) and brakes squealing awefully. Just had new brakes less than 1 yr ago.

Must be just me...problems..problems
By rob on 11/16/09 10:29 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok we will start with the 6,000 mile warped rotors that they dealership told me was typical after they tried to accuse me of being to hard on the brakes??? at 9,500 miles the rack and pinion went bad..gm knows there is a problem so they put a bulliten out to grease them.well after 500 miles the grease worked its way out and then they had to replace the whole rack.squeks I can not figure out where they are coming from and neither can the dealer.just two days ago my wife handed me her key fob and told me the battery needed to be replaced..so i opened it up and surprise,surprise the soldier joints have broke??who has actually broke a key fob,Now I guess I will just have to see what breaks next

good car
By Stacie on 10/31/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for just over two years with 38k miles on it and I didn't have to take it into the shop until just before it hit 36k for a minor air conditioning issue and a seat squeak. Took it all the way to Georgia...great gas mileage - about 31 per gallon for those trips. Gas mileage in the city is even better after that trip. It's been a great, reliable car and I moved from the Alero - which was a good car to this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.