Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Safe, but fun car!
By rachel

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my pontiac G6 for over a year now and i absolutely love it. A month after i bought it a deer jumped onto my windshield (on my side) while i was doing 65 mph, i slammed on my brakes and my car slid off the road. I, as well as my two passengers, walked away without a scratch. I haven't had to replace anything on my car since i've had it. I love love love my car and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, sporty, and reliable car.

Favorite Features

Outside temperature read, interior space

Suggested Improvements

make an iphone jack hookup

Take that Hybrids!
By Kamea

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Many friends laugh when I mention my car gets over 35 mpg on hwy. I average a 150 mile commute everyday and my meter can vary from 32-42 mpg (varies on my speed, 65-80 mph). either way I LOVE IT! I schedule my oil changes every 5,000 miles (not 3,000). I have not done my transmission fluid change, yet. and I've put over 87,000 miles and it still runs like new!

Favorite Features

Style, reliability, comfort, gas mileage, and class

Suggested Improvements

well, there's no more Pontiac, but an aftermarket MP3 hookup would do wonders!

Average Luxury Car
By Jessica

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 4 cylinder G6 2007 for about a month. The first problem was it has warped rotors. My car was a lease with only 20,000 miles on it so I don't understand why it has warped rotors. The mechanic says that it could easily happen by slamming on your brakes while going through a deep puddle of water at high speeds. Yeah sounds simple but if thats the case that sounds like an accident that was not reported. Next, either I like to drive too fast or the car is slow at kicking in speed. I previously had an 2003 Alero with 121,000 miles and it drives very similarly to that. Not good or my Alero was in excellent condition (and it was)But for an 07 I expect more. Overall the car is great!

Favorite Features

Interior, the firm seats, exterior, very roomy, drives smooth at low speeds (20 to 35 mph), Keyless starter.

Suggested Improvements

Does not drive smooth (4 cylinder), tick noise when engine is cut off, brakes go easy.

2 2007 g6 1 4 door 1 2 door convertible
By chunk

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First car we bought brand new. It now has 41,000 on it and knock on wood not one problem. It has the pano roof which now needs minor adjustment for wind noise no water leaks. We like this car so much we went out and got the same year convertible we like this car as much. I will suggest getting ice and snow tires for the winter.

Favorite Features

roofs body style and interior room

Suggested Improvements

no chrome platted almn. rims they rust and leak air.

i love my g6
By letty

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my g6 for 2 months and i absolutely love it. i just came back from summer vacation and drove from corpus christi tx to orlando florida and back.my car did wonderful, i wouldn't want to have anything else.

Favorite Features

style and safety features on car

Suggested Improvements

MP3 hookups. Gas mileage in the city is not so great with a V6. I average 19 in the city. High way is fantastic though, averaging around 30 mpg.