2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Great car!
By Angela on 07/19/10 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a year and a half now and I have absolutely no complaints! I bought it with 32,000 miles as it was a rental car, but it looks great, runs perfectly, and the 3.5l V6 is perfect. Such a fun, sporty car to drive. I love it! I don't know what everyone else is complaining about.

Good car for little cost
By mjswan on 07/07/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought mine used for a song. Perfect car for commuting 25 miles with mostly LA freeway traffic. Gas mileage is very good if you drive reasonably. In the first year I put on 35,000 miles and hav no complaints about quality or drivability. My wife thinks it looks better than most of the smaller sedans on the road--it doesn't look like everything else out there. Overall a very underrated car.

This Car Saved My Husband's Life
By Denise on 06/30/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read numerous bad reviews on the G-6, but I have to say I truly believe this car is the reason my husband is still alive. He was almost run off the road by another vehicle trying to move into his lane on the interstate causing him to lose control, hit a guardrail and flip one and half times. The car is a complete loss of course, but my husband walked away with one stitch in his elbow and an abrasion on his hand. The interior cabin (except for the airbag and the windshield busting out) was completely untouched. Everyone including the employee at the junk yard could not believe my husband walked away. I will miss my pretty blue car but I will forever be grateful it saved his life.

Hate this car!
By Hate this car!! on 06/23/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in '07. I LOVED it until winter came. This car does not hold to the road in snow or rain. It is DANGEROUS! I drive 88 miles each day and dread winter because I know my life will be spent in the car driving 20 miles/hour so that I do not wreck. At 72,000 miles today, I have had to replace the brakes, rotors, and now I have a leak somewhere between the sunroof and floor board. (Car flooded overnight during rainstorm- what a nightmare to wake up to!) Interior is cheap, cheap, cheap! Take my advice- choose a different car!

Car will come out of gear w/out keys
By no_more_pontiacs on 05/26/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car is able to be taken out of gear without the keys in the ignition or by pressing the brake pedal. My car was knocked out of gear 2 days ago and rolled into the street. After contacting GM, they tell me this is normal. Took to local GM dealership and they could not believe it. Still GM is saying it's normal and the Shift Lock Control System, which is a safety feature, is only active when the key is in the ignition. Some safety feature if it doesn't work when the keys ARE NOT in the ignition. This just started happening and they are telling me it's normal and there is nothing they can do. SO BEWARE that you car may come out of gear if bumped! It's normal.

Wouldn't Buy It Again
By jodygodie on 05/01/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle was a certified used car, which evidently means little. MPG is great; car looks sharp. On a long trip, ride becomes a little hard. When backing up rear visibility not good. Requires a learning curve on operation of windshield wipers. Car now has 38,000 miles and rear main seal is leaking oil (but that is covered for 100k on power train warranty). Also, within last year front main bearing required replacement, dash A/C vents (plastic) broke. Now, service airbag light occasionally illuminates; so far (knock wood) it recycles and goes off when car is restarted. Dealership wants $700 to replace airbag seat sensor control module which he says will fix the problem.

Not sure if i like it
By tess on 04/30/10 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What is that squeaking noise? I bought this car because I had a grand am and I loved it. Not sure if g6 can compare to my grand am. Sometimes when I'm on the highway, it's like, it loses power. Considering trading it in.

I'm never looking at another Pontiac.
By never buy pontiac on 04/05/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my G6 in May 2008. Complained about the brakes up the first two weeks of me buying the car. (7000 mi @ purchase) I have been to the shop complaining about brake numerous times! The car is always ticking and making a squeaky noise. I have no clue what it is. The check engine light has came on a few times. I want to get rid of this! Sticking with Honda and Nissan from now on! I would never buy another G6 or suggest that anyone else does!!

Great middle of the road car
By kas652 on 03/25/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 G6 used with 24,000 miles on it. I've had it for 3 months and am very satisfied with the car. I have no serious complaints to report. It is not a luxury car by any means, but it is a step up from a corolla or sentra, while not costing much (if any) more. Overall, a great car for the price!

Fun, and what a deal
By Rob on 03/20/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. The top has never been a problem. The styling is unique to the convertible, and the techno- hard-top convertible is such an awesome aspect to this car. When the top is up, and the windows down, voila. a true pilarless hard-top coupe! It is quick, smooth. The interior 4-place bucket seating is so cool, and so rare these days. And, the car is big enough to seat four adults comfortably. My quibble is that there is no Ipod port and no built-in blue-tooth. I will solve those issues on my own though, and they are solvable. I bought mine used with 6K miles on it 6 months ago. At $20K, I thought it was a steal. I have never regretted getting it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.