Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

A G6 with some miles on it
By vortec442

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at several cars and with gas climbing the G6 seemed to have good power and a good fuel mileage. It lives up to all that. Biggest problem is the electric steering is going out and dealers are scratching heads trying to fix it (I have been to 2 dealers 3 times) engine is making some noise when cold and loosing a little power.Interior parts are cheap with a few cracks and breaks.If the car can be fixed this is still a peppy little car with a great price tag, that turns heads a carries a great 5year, 100,000 mile warranty. Prior I owned a Grand Am, very similar. Also very roomy. My father is 6'2" 300+ and rides in here no problem

Very good looking car 30+ mpg, engine monitor in radio, roomy interior, nice sport package with Spoiler, fog lights and rims

do not buy if electrical steering, spend some money on interior parts, and trunk could be larger. Some time rough roads will shake the car bad.

An Excellent Choice
By S Martin

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in Dec. '06 and never had buyer's remorse. This car is very quick and my friends are impressed with the superb road holding. It also gets decent mileage (I'm averaging 24 mpg city/hwy). The 6A is awesome (won't find that on Accord or Altima) and the trip tonic will hold gear even if you floor the throttle. 18" wheels typically scratch easily but the treadwall height on these tires is enough that the tires absorb impact upon curb contact. The 8-spkr Monsoon is awesome. Excellent cargo capacity with folding rear seats. No reliability issues so far - car has only needed oil changes and tire rotation. Heated seats work well and the two-tone leather looks great. Buy it

The remote start without question. This feature is a jaw-dropper. The fast-back rear window looks great. OnStar unlocked my car when I inadvertently left my keys in the trunk. The hands-free dialing works well also. Enough rear headroom to get 6-footers across town, 66" girls fit comfortably.

Get the summer only tires - if you get the standard Goodyear Eagle's the car is limited to 115 mph (limitied to 140 mph otherwise). Wish the car would have come with iPod hook-up but was able to purchase hook-up from the dealer that is covered by warranty. The 2008's have iPod hook-up factory.

Great car for the price
By buster

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased value leader sedan. Sure, I want a better car but this is all I really need and with the rebates, no car is more affordable, no way. Has all the basic features, performs well even with the 4 cyl and is reliable.

Simple, clean and good looking design, inside and out.

More padding on the door arm rests. Don't change anything else

Great Car!
By Birdman

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in an 05 Corvette Coupe for this car, due to relocation and change of jobs. (Yeah-huge task of competing with a Vette!) But seriously, this car has beat all my expectations. The gas mileage is great! I bought the electric blue color, and love it. I knew it would be an adjustment going from a vette, to a G6, but this car has made it pretty easy! Im very pleased with the way it drives and handles, and the leather seats (in my opinion) are better than the vettes were! Very Happy!! and i would recommend!!

Love the exterior styling, Chrome wheels, remote start, leather seats are very comfortable! Awesome gas mileage. My avg is 28.9!

I wish the car was rear wheel drive. It would make it a lot funner to drive! Better seals around the windows, I have a weird whistling noise when driving at highway speeds. Also, I wish the car would had a little more power, but doesn't everyone say that? Moonson not all its cracked up to be.

Cushy Car!
By Robbia

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Pontiac G6! It feels wonderful to ride in--a very cushy, soft ride. I have the Value Leader and am glad I didn't opt for the higher priced model, because this one is just perfect. All I added was the spoiler, which I like. Otherwise, this is a great car. It has a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder! I previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and thought I wouldn't find anything better, but this car is sweet with great styling, and gives the feeling a luxuriousness that the Firebird did not. I feel very mellow in this car.

The smooth ride! The great sound system.

Should come with a remote locking system.