Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

I hate this car!!!!
By nicole4442

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy a pontiac again, or refer anyone to buy one. It's no wonder they are out of buisness. I bought this car brand new in late 2006 and I have had nothing but problems with it. I've had to replace all of the tires twice, the brakes twice, the blinker, the headlights, and fuel pump. I've had to fix the A/C and the A/C is out again already. I've had to get a new battery three times, and had to replace the starter. I could go on and on with things that have had to be replaced. People always think I get such great gas mileage but I only get about 19 miles per gallon. This car has cost me so much money. Do not buy this car!

Overall Good Car
By vmalo

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it. :0( It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since. We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems. We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price. We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires. We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town. We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more. The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph. No one has found a cause yet. Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

It gets decent mpg and looks good. We bought the cheap value leader so there really wasn't much to brag about. It works, gets me where I need to be, that's all I really care about.

Other than the barely noticeable rattle from 40->50, I have no complaints.

Not terrible but I wouldn't consider this car a winner.
By rocosoco

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 50k miles on it. Steering problem which the dealer fixed. The XM Radio transmitter on the roof leaks sometimes into my light and sunroof button and onto my shifter. Overall poorly build on the inside. The mechanics seem fine for now, no major problems...at 76k miles now. I'll probably keep it until it dies...maybe I'll be able to get it up to 120k...that would be ideal. Nice cheap car, but I should have done more research and I probably would have bought another car if I did...

The interior design isn't bad, just the materials. Looks sharp.

Terrible plastic interior. Trunk slams if you don't let it down gently.

The future freaks me out.
By pontiacg607

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way my G6 looks. Otherwise, the car make me nervos. My steering has made that infamous clunking noise since I bought it, but when I bought it, the car was already out of warranty, so I just live with it. At this point, I don't even notice it anymore. I also had to stick a piece of cardboard inside my key fob because the part that holds the battery in place broke. The interior is cheap, but attractive. The car has nearly 82,000 miles on it and hasn't seriously let me down yet, but I am starting to get worried. I do have a wheel bearing going bad I think. I will keep this thing until it dies, but if I could do it over, I would do my research and buy something else.

I really like the exterior and interior appearance. It also gets decent gas mileage.

GM could have done a better job on this car period. I think long term reliability will be a problem with this car. The trunk is big, but has a small opening, the wind noise when the rear windows are down is like nothing I have ever heard. It's almost painful. The key fobs are junk, the electric power steering makes me nervous, and the car feels like the brakes are still on sometimes when i'm driving. It's hard to describe, but it sure doesn't feel normal.