2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Not perfect, but very good!
By sailorbeavis on 06/23/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one of these cars off-season last year, fully loaded with the Monsoon stereo, heated leather and low mileage on the 3.9L upgraded V6. This is my mother's "fun car," replacing a workhorse S10 pickup. We test drove all sorts of cars, and were looking at a Miata when I found this at a local dealership. She fell in love with it at first sight and after driving it, had to have it. This thing moves like a scalded cat and the touring suspension soaks up the bumps great, even with the 18" wheels. The transmission is smooth and you can "row" the automatic if you want. We got it as a CPO with extended warranty, to hedge against any mechanical or electrical gremlins.

No wonder Pontiac is out of Business...
By starlette46 on 05/13/11 07:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would never buy one of these cars again, or refer anyone to buy one. I bought the car in March of 2010 with 30k miles on it. It was previously a leased car so I know the maintenance was kept on it. I replaced the tires, brakes, rotors all within a few months of owning the car. Pretty soon I replaced the water pump, tranny cooler lines, intermediate steering shaft, electric steering module, and some oil cooler lines. Just last week I had my car in the service department at my work, and all of my head gaskets needed to be machined and replaced, oil was leaking everywhere!! It was horrible, if I did not have an extended warranty if would have cost me close to $6,000 total for all of the work!

Good car, Resale Not Good
By pontiacdude4 on 04/05/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 with 85,000 with no problems, minor issues. The engine rattles with AC on, steering wheel issues under warranty, radio knobs wear off. But the interior, although plasticky, lasts and the seats covers are durable. Seats are tough, not very comfortable, exterior styling is great, interior pretty good, too. Automatic start is great. Mileage is good, I have the 4 cylinder and get 25 overall (22/29??). For a 4 cylinder it's fast. Have XM Sirius which is awesome ($16/mo), I recommend it in any vehicle. Depreciation, though, is off the chart, I am very upside down. Best to buy this car used with 40-60,000 miles for like $7 grand.... I'm selling mine, taking a hit, getting nervous bout miles.

Right when they got it right.
By Ryan on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my G6 V6 for over 2 years now, I had one item replaced under warranty which was the transmission cooler lines because they started to leak at the fittings. I did have to replace my brakes prematurely but that is mainly because I bought it used with 19,000 km on it and it had sat in the lot for almost a whole year and the rotors got rusty. It drives great, gets good mileage, looks pretty good tinted out with black rims. The stock stereo is amazing except for the lack of an aux. input. One other mechanical issue I'm having is my left front strut already needs to be replaced (leaked out) @ 48,000 km. Definitely premature to the 80,000 km recommended replacement. Even so still happy!

Check Engine Light
By Karen on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Pontiac for a year and a half. I love it. I do not love the problems. My check engine light goes on and off and the engine machines says it is fuses. We have had all those changed check eng light still on and still says fuses. Also my wipers stopped working and we do not know why. I have always bought a GM but now I am not so sure. My seat has already broke the water pump went what problems I am having. Should have bought a 1000 car instead of a 12000 car

Safe, but fun car!
By rachel on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my pontiac G6 for over a year now and i absolutely love it. A month after i bought it a deer jumped onto my windshield (on my side) while i was doing 65 mph, i slammed on my brakes and my car slid off the road. I, as well as my two passengers, walked away without a scratch. I haven't had to replace anything on my car since i've had it. I love love love my car and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, sporty, and reliable car.

Take that Hybrids!
By Kamea on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Many friends laugh when I mention my car gets over 35 mpg on hwy. I average a 150 mile commute everyday and my meter can vary from 32-42 mpg (varies on my speed, 65-80 mph). either way I LOVE IT! I schedule my oil changes every 5,000 miles (not 3,000). I have not done my transmission fluid change, yet. and I've put over 87,000 miles and it still runs like new!

Average Luxury Car
By Jessica on 08/31/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 4 cylinder G6 2007 for about a month. The first problem was it has warped rotors. My car was a lease with only 20,000 miles on it so I don't understand why it has warped rotors. The mechanic says that it could easily happen by slamming on your brakes while going through a deep puddle of water at high speeds. Yeah sounds simple but if thats the case that sounds like an accident that was not reported. Next, either I like to drive too fast or the car is slow at kicking in speed. I previously had an 2003 Alero with 121,000 miles and it drives very similarly to that. Not good or my Alero was in excellent condition (and it was)But for an 07 I expect more. Overall the car is great!

2 2007 g6 1 4 door 1 2 door convertible
By chunk on 08/14/10 04:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First car we bought brand new. It now has 41,000 on it and knock on wood not one problem. It has the pano roof which now needs minor adjustment for wind noise no water leaks. We like this car so much we went out and got the same year convertible we like this car as much. I will suggest getting ice and snow tires for the winter.

i love my g6
By letty on 08/14/10 01:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my g6 for 2 months and i absolutely love it. i just came back from summer vacation and drove from corpus christi tx to orlando florida and back.my car did wonderful, i wouldn't want to have anything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.