Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Tim Holland

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 G6 sedan (base) brand new in 06, just came on the lot. I have had the car for 9 years and I have put 195,000 miles on my G6 and it's still going. The only major repairs was a leak in the gas tank ($800) and a new catalytic converter (at 190,000 miles for $1,000). Other than that, just normal maintenance. The paint has held up well and the the dash looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. I have owned 3 Toyotas and 2 Nissans, and again, this is the best car I have ever owned. It has never broken down or left me stranded, and again...very low maintenance costs. On top of that, I average around 22 mph in the city and on the hwy I still get up to 35 mph (higher than what the manufacturer rates). The "design", although 9 years old, is still in "style". It's a fun car to drive and own. Maybe I was just lucky and got a "great" one, but I am thinking of buying another one when I hit 200,000.

as unreliable as a suzuki forenza!!!!!
By drivenitall80

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

horrible car, my gf had one when she moved in with me and even before she moved in it was constantly in the shop for engine problems, wierd noises, no ac, no heat, stalling, power loss, i bought my gf a jeep for her bday and now the worthless piece of GM sits in our driveway, were trying to sell it, otherwise we let family use it when they come stay with us, she bought the car for 8000 we put 12000 into it.

nothing, i mean its cute to look at but just not worth the money you need to fix it

everything in the definition of reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall Good Car
By vmalo

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it. :0( It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since. We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems. We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price. We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires. We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town. We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more. The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph. No one has found a cause yet. Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

It gets decent mpg and looks good. We bought the cheap value leader so there really wasn't much to brag about. It works, gets me where I need to be, that's all I really care about.

Other than the barely noticeable rattle from 40->50, I have no complaints.

Not terrible but I wouldn't consider this car a winner.
By rocosoco

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 50k miles on it. Steering problem which the dealer fixed. The XM Radio transmitter on the roof leaks sometimes into my light and sunroof button and onto my shifter. Overall poorly build on the inside. The mechanics seem fine for now, no major problems...at 76k miles now. I'll probably keep it until it dies...maybe I'll be able to get it up to 120k...that would be ideal. Nice cheap car, but I should have done more research and I probably would have bought another car if I did...

The interior design isn't bad, just the materials. Looks sharp.

Terrible plastic interior. Trunk slams if you don't let it down gently.

• SUV