2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
as unreliable as a suzuki forenza!!!!!
By drivenitall80 on 03/25/13 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

horrible car, my gf had one when she moved in with me and even before she moved in it was constantly in the shop for engine problems, wierd noises, no ac, no heat, stalling, power loss, i bought my gf a jeep for her bday and now the worthless piece of GM sits in our driveway, were trying to sell it, otherwise we let family use it when they come stay with us, she bought the car for 8000 we put 12000 into it.

Overall Good Car
By vmalo on 12/23/11 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it. :0( It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane on 10/26/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since. We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems. We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price. We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires. We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town. We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more. The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph. No one has found a cause yet. Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

Not terrible but I wouldn't consider this car a winner.
By rocosoco on 10/20/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 50k miles on it. Steering problem which the dealer fixed. The XM Radio transmitter on the roof leaks sometimes into my light and sunroof button and onto my shifter. Overall poorly build on the inside. The mechanics seem fine for now, no major problems...at 76k miles now. I'll probably keep it until it dies...maybe I'll be able to get it up to 120k...that would be ideal. Nice cheap car, but I should have done more research and I probably would have bought another car if I did...

The future freaks me out.
By pontiacg607 on 10/08/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way my G6 looks. Otherwise, the car make me nervos. My steering has made that infamous clunking noise since I bought it, but when I bought it, the car was already out of warranty, so I just live with it. At this point, I don't even notice it anymore. I also had to stick a piece of cardboard inside my key fob because the part that holds the battery in place broke. The interior is cheap, but attractive. The car has nearly 82,000 miles on it and hasn't seriously let me down yet, but I am starting to get worried. I do have a wheel bearing going bad I think. I will keep this thing until it dies, but if I could do it over, I would do my research and buy something else.

Good car, Resale Not Good
By pontiacdude4 on 04/05/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 with 85,000 with no problems, minor issues. The engine rattles with AC on, steering wheel issues under warranty, radio knobs wear off. But the interior, although plasticky, lasts and the seats covers are durable. Seats are tough, not very comfortable, exterior styling is great, interior pretty good, too. Automatic start is great. Mileage is good, I have the 4 cylinder and get 25 overall (22/29??). For a 4 cylinder it's fast. Have XM Sirius which is awesome ($16/mo), I recommend it in any vehicle. Depreciation, though, is off the chart, I am very upside down. Best to buy this car used with 40-60,000 miles for like $7 grand.... I'm selling mine, taking a hit, getting nervous bout miles.

Right when they got it right.
By Ryan on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my G6 V6 for over 2 years now, I had one item replaced under warranty which was the transmission cooler lines because they started to leak at the fittings. I did have to replace my brakes prematurely but that is mainly because I bought it used with 19,000 km on it and it had sat in the lot for almost a whole year and the rotors got rusty. It drives great, gets good mileage, looks pretty good tinted out with black rims. The stock stereo is amazing except for the lack of an aux. input. One other mechanical issue I'm having is my left front strut already needs to be replaced (leaked out) @ 48,000 km. Definitely premature to the 80,000 km recommended replacement. Even so still happy!

Check Engine Light
By Karen on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Pontiac for a year and a half. I love it. I do not love the problems. My check engine light goes on and off and the engine machines says it is fuses. We have had all those changed check eng light still on and still says fuses. Also my wipers stopped working and we do not know why. I have always bought a GM but now I am not so sure. My seat has already broke the water pump went what problems I am having. Should have bought a 1000 car instead of a 12000 car

Safe, but fun car!
By rachel on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my pontiac G6 for over a year now and i absolutely love it. A month after i bought it a deer jumped onto my windshield (on my side) while i was doing 65 mph, i slammed on my brakes and my car slid off the road. I, as well as my two passengers, walked away without a scratch. I haven't had to replace anything on my car since i've had it. I love love love my car and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, sporty, and reliable car.

Take that Hybrids!
By Kamea on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Many friends laugh when I mention my car gets over 35 mpg on hwy. I average a 150 mile commute everyday and my meter can vary from 32-42 mpg (varies on my speed, 65-80 mph). either way I LOVE IT! I schedule my oil changes every 5,000 miles (not 3,000). I have not done my transmission fluid change, yet. and I've put over 87,000 miles and it still runs like new!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.