2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )
GM Night Mare
By wilfred63 on 01/25/13 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE A PONTIAC G6 GT HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE 1.Transmission repaired then Replaced 2. Exhaust system replaced 3 times 3. Waterpump replaced 4.Cable to XM needs replace 5. Top gromitts replace 2 times 6. Key Remote Replaced 13 times and even more 7. CrossOver Gasket Replaced coolant 8.Replac Rack-n-pion & outer tie rod ends (Thats why your going through tires GM WILL NOT HELP JUST KEEP YOU IN A CIRCLE THERE #1-866-790-5700 PROOF #21124 NUMBERS THEY GIVE YOU TO NOT HELP

Not perfect, but very good!
By sailorbeavis on 06/23/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one of these cars off-season last year, fully loaded with the Monsoon stereo, heated leather and low mileage on the 3.9L upgraded V6. This is my mother's "fun car," replacing a workhorse S10 pickup. We test drove all sorts of cars, and were looking at a Miata when I found this at a local dealership. She fell in love with it at first sight and after driving it, had to have it. This thing moves like a scalded cat and the touring suspension soaks up the bumps great, even with the 18" wheels. The transmission is smooth and you can "row" the automatic if you want. We got it as a CPO with extended warranty, to hedge against any mechanical or electrical gremlins.

Love to Hate Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
By Linda on 08/07/10 03:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Always wanted a convertible, husband pushed me to get hard top retractable for safety reasons. I have really enjoyed the look, the feel, and the convertible. Several draw backs in the build mechanically. Replaced the front rotors twice already, 57,000 miles now replacing the water pump and soon will need to replace the intake manifold. Live in country, roads rough, but not abusive. Had collision with a dear and was amazed at the little damage caused and appreciative of how safe I felt. Cost to fix was very high, front bumper and headlamps, cost 7000. Covered under insurance, however very high. Brake pads seem to go often, every 3-4 months, don't live on big hills like in PA either.

Fun, and what a deal
By Rob on 03/20/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. The top has never been a problem. The styling is unique to the convertible, and the techno- hard-top convertible is such an awesome aspect to this car. When the top is up, and the windows down, voila. a true pilarless hard-top coupe! It is quick, smooth. The interior 4-place bucket seating is so cool, and so rare these days. And, the car is big enough to seat four adults comfortably. My quibble is that there is no Ipod port and no built-in blue-tooth. I will solve those issues on my own though, and they are solvable. I bought mine used with 6K miles on it 6 months ago. At $20K, I thought it was a steal. I have never regretted getting it.

PROBLEMS
By RAY on 05/04/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car but this wk found I needed brakes almost ate the rotars out, the brakes made noise from day one and I was told it was dirt, 389.00 later its the brakes, they also found a noice that is a leak in the exhaust but don't know the spot, I have another GMC wiht 85,000 miles and orgnl brakes so its not the driver, I found my garage is the pits, they no longer take you to work(over 5 miles) they will not give me a lender so I am stuck taking a day off with my warrenty still good,,,

Cute car... Not reliable
By srb on 11/26/08 14:38 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new 6/2007. I didn't even have it 24 hours and the convertible broke. 6 months later the rear and front main oil seal was leaking, the paint was flaking, the steering shaft was popping.

Issues with my Convertible
By pompanoman on 10/16/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my G6 GT with the GTP package in May of 07. I love my car but have had few annoying issues with it. First issue, my car started whistling within 8 months of purchase. One entire line of the muffler had to be replace from the engine to the end. I live in Florida, so A/C is a must have. The A/C seems to have a mind on it's own and sometimes will not come on, so is the wiper system. I set the wipers on the continuous speed setting and they will go intermittent on me. Last issue, my top won't retract anymore. I bought the car brand new and only have one user, although I love my car, for the price I paid I was expecting more from GM.

Not Happy
By Anonymous on 08/26/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car and immediately the speakers were blown, the roof was rattling and my interior was staining from water. GM refused to help; it's been over 10 months now and the water stain issue still exists. Can't wait to get rid of this car. The roof rattles constantly and have had it in the shop at least 5 times for the roof, 3 for the interior and other times for other problems.

Like the car hate the finish
By floridaskater on 08/07/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Living in Fl. I use the retractable hard top often and have never had a problem with it. Although it is a little awkward having to hold a button down for 30 sec. to lower the top. I have had so so gas mileage. My major problem has been with the finish on the hood of the car. It started chipping in November 2007. The dealer fixed it then and said they did the whole hood. Now I am having the same problem in the same spot 8 months later and they want to charge me for the repair. I have read other G6 consumer reviews who have had the same type of problem. Made a complaint to GM Service center but they went along with the dealer and said it was my problem to fix.The finish is poor on the G6.

Has anyone had this problem?
By John on 07/29/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, but...there is a rattle noise in the right rear quarter. Very annoying. Rear back seat rattles also. Sounds like I'm driving a popcorn machine. Rattles occur whether or not top is down. Makes no difference. If you've had this problem and it was fixed, let me know what was fixed. First dealership I took it to had no clue. I now have it at another dealership. Another issue is torque steer. When I get on it, hard to control the steering wheel. Anyone else experience this. Remedy, or than not getting on it? LOL.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.