Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (75 reviews )

Sharp
By Julie Bliven

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

there was not many of these made there for finding parts for the retractable hardtop convertible is difficult.although it has front wheel drive driving in the snow is difficult if you do not have the right tires. love the way this car handles around curves Quick Off the start.make sure the back seat belts are tucked in before you drive with the top down or they rattle.overall this car is a lot of fun to drive.at night the inside dash lights light up a red which is it totally unique experience.I love my Pontiac g6 hardtop convertible!

Born to run
By fcpride

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own a couple of GM products. I love putting the top down. In my stable currently is three convertibles and a T-Top. I was interested in the G6 because of the hardtop convertible aspect and the car has some nice appeal on the outside. I have owned it for a couple of months now. Since it is a hardtop, I drive it everyday with out weather worries. I have owned plenty of muscle cars in my life span. This prior knowledge gives me some view points on this G6. I will start with the favorite features.

Two things are a plus. The hardtop convertible is nice. I love the way it operates. The stance of the car is GT worthy. It handles OK for a GT but not really a GT performer. I have a Firebird GT and that is a GT performer. For the slot that the G6 is targeted to, it does fine. The interior is roomy enough for a coupe GT. I am over 6 feet and do not have any problems. My family is able to ride along, 5 of us with out any problems of other GTs that I own. The seats are very adjustable, which aides in the room for various amounts of passengers. The power is average. It performs when asked to move out. Just not a head jerky G-Force experience. I do like the hardtop convertible best of all. Nice

I displays cheap in a big way. Look anywhere in the car and you think VW JETTA. It is plastic to the max. Pontiac could have a home run with this if they would come out of the GM box..TOO Late now.! The parts that make the hardtop work look like parts on a kids toy. I pray that they last. They are plastic also. No kidding. GM thinking. The ground clearance is low for a car with 18 inch tires. Another thing I am not looking forward too. The power is not 18 inch worthy. the steering does not relay the feel of the road to your hands. Its bark is much louder than its bite. To improve up the horsepower by 15 and give it some punch out of the hole, then put the GT in big letters.

sporty yes, quality **NO**
By mattyvp

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i dont know how to feel about my g6. (im more of an import person) i have an 07 GT with the 3.9 V6 (240 hp) it gives me many reasons to hate it but i cant! its got an extremely cheap dash and poor quality, but that engine and awesome styling makes me forget. i only have about 22,600 miles on mine and only 3,000 of those miles are from me, so nothing has gone wrong YET, but the g6's track record isn't promising! the car rattles to hell, and ive come to get used to it, but its semi rough ride enhances all the rattles. also when i pull into reverse the suspension squeaks and the car shakes, this is normal now but scary at first. it sounds like the maybe the tie-rods? they constantly go on these

i LOVE this cars aggressive, sharp, playful styling. it just looks so good, mines black and when its all waxed and polished, there's literally no better looking car. (in my eyes lol.) the handling is rather tight and sporty, but its very choppy sometimes. the monsoon stereo is pretty decent, but there's no aux so it almost pointless. i love the engine and the growl it makes. its a very worthy power plant and gets it moving pretty quickly. the interior is very large, meaning i can fit me and three other passengers very comfortably, EVEN WITH THE TOP UP!

if Pontiac were still around, things that could have been changed is the entire interior. god some of the worst ergonomics ive ever seen. its a disgusting plastic mish-mash made out of the same materials as the water bottle in the misplaced cup holder. the A/C vents constantly have condensation and drip water on the hazards button and the radio. ive read that its common that it causes damage to the electronics. THE SUPER LOUD RATTLES NEVER STOP!! the leather on my seat is worn, the seat bolsters leather seems to have just rubbed off. The seats are rather hard but good for when your driving spiritedly, and when you are driving spiritedly you will find you getting 12/13 mpg, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

GM Night Mare
By wilfred63

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE A PONTIAC G6 GT HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE 1.Transmission repaired then Replaced 2. Exhaust system replaced 3 times 3. Waterpump replaced 4.Cable to XM needs replace 5. Top gromitts replace 2 times 6. Key Remote Replaced 13 times and even more 7. CrossOver Gasket Replaced coolant 8.Replac Rack-n-pion & outer tie rod ends (Thats why your going through tires GM WILL NOT HELP JUST KEEP YOU IN A CIRCLE THERE #1-866-790-5700 PROOF #21124 NUMBERS THEY GIVE YOU TO NOT HELP

Help When calling for help,It was not the Dealers who build the car Live up to the warrenty the Trick is what come first in 5 year 100,000 thousand miles I think 100,000 yes.

Not perfect, but very good!
By sailorbeavis

2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one of these cars off-season last year, fully loaded with the Monsoon stereo, heated leather and low mileage on the 3.9L upgraded V6. This is my mother's "fun car," replacing a workhorse S10 pickup. We test drove all sorts of cars, and were looking at a Miata when I found this at a local dealership. She fell in love with it at first sight and after driving it, had to have it. This thing moves like a scalded cat and the touring suspension soaks up the bumps great, even with the 18" wheels. The transmission is smooth and you can "row" the automatic if you want. We got it as a CPO with extended warranty, to hedge against any mechanical or electrical gremlins.

Torque, torque, torque, and top-down fun. That's what this thing is all about. Although the styling is European, there is no air of haughtiness about this car, no premise of "luxury" although the leather seats are supportive and comfortable. It is a Pontiac - a cruiser with a little bit of attitude. It says to you, "C'mon. Hop in, put the top down, and let's go somewhere." I am surprised by how livable this car is. The cockpit is small for bigger drivers, but the power seats are great and there's plenty of legroom in back. Don't think of taking a family vacation in this car though - unless you want to carry your luggage on your lap. The trunk shrinks to nothing with the top down.

None, since Pontiac is no longer in business. However, if I were to modify my own car to "fix" anything, it would be upgraded interior materials and a better stereo head unit. This car was more expensive than the Sebring but the Chrysler has better fit and finish overall. And it seems that very few manufacturers offered standard iPod / AUX jacks on their stereos until 2009 or so. The GM stereos integrate the Driver Information Center into the head unit, which means that upgrading is a pain. I have been told that the 2009 model stereo will work. We'll see.

• SUV