2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Happy with my Pontiac
By tad0729 on 10/14/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Pontiac for almost two years now and have had no issues with the car. It runs well, has power, and is fun to drive. My average gas mileage is about 22 miles per gallon which is decent considering that fact that this is a 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine. With almost 95K miles on my car, stills runs perfectly.

I hate this car!!!!
By nicole4442 on 07/25/12 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy a pontiac again, or refer anyone to buy one. It's no wonder they are out of buisness. I bought this car brand new in late 2006 and I have had nothing but problems with it. I've had to replace all of the tires twice, the brakes twice, the blinker, the headlights, and fuel pump. I've had to fix the A/C and the A/C is out again already. I've had to get a new battery three times, and had to replace the starter. I could go on and on with things that have had to be replaced. People always think I get such great gas mileage but I only get about 19 miles per gallon. This car has cost me so much money. Do not buy this car!

No wonder Pontiac is out of Business...
By starlette46 on 05/13/11 07:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would never buy one of these cars again, or refer anyone to buy one. I bought the car in March of 2010 with 30k miles on it. It was previously a leased car so I know the maintenance was kept on it. I replaced the tires, brakes, rotors all within a few months of owning the car. Pretty soon I replaced the water pump, tranny cooler lines, intermediate steering shaft, electric steering module, and some oil cooler lines. Just last week I had my car in the service department at my work, and all of my head gaskets needed to be machined and replaced, oil was leaking everywhere!! It was horrible, if I did not have an extended warranty if would have cost me close to $6,000 total for all of the work!

Hate this car!
By Hate this car!! on 06/23/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in '07. I LOVED it until winter came. This car does not hold to the road in snow or rain. It is DANGEROUS! I drive 88 miles each day and dread winter because I know my life will be spent in the car driving 20 miles/hour so that I do not wreck. At 72,000 miles today, I have had to replace the brakes, rotors, and now I have a leak somewhere between the sunroof and floor board. (Car flooded overnight during rainstorm- what a nightmare to wake up to!) Interior is cheap, cheap, cheap! Take my advice- choose a different car!

(3.9L 6cyl 6M)
By no its a secret on 12/12/09 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks and power. The 3.9 has power at all rpm. The clutch shifts smooth. Mine has the sun and sound pkg, premium pkg, Performance pkg (3.9 HO 6 speed manual) Crimson red and Taupe leather

Frustrated...but still love the car.
By CRS312 on 01/29/09 20:04 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 gt coupe edition brand new in late 06. Since then, I have had nothing but compliments on it. I really do love the car, but I had a recall on the door drains though, and now when there is a good storm, afterwards my speakers crackle and don't work right. I have been back and fourth with the dealership and they can't find anything wrong! They just keep replacing the speakers. If it weren't for that I would absolutely love the car!!! everything else has been fine so far and there are 34,000 miles on it. Well you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess!

Not as bad as I first thought
By Green Meanie on 01/23/09 05:52 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in February 2008. At first it was in the shop monthly for various electrical problems. We finally found that it was an O2 sensor. Now that it's fixed the car is much better. The looks are great and the performance is even better. This is a very fun car to drive and you will get compliments on how nice it looks. I have the GT coupe with heated leather seats, a welcome amenity in the winter. It is a very fast little car hindered some by the TCS (Traction Control System). Other than that, though, If you are tired of Civics passing American cars, buy this car! It can smoke a V8 Chevy truck. It is also pretty comfortable considering the small exterior stature.

Read a review before you buy
By Corey on 01/14/09 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely hate my G6 GT coupe. After 6 months the interior vanity light went out and the brakes started squeeking. I went in for an oil change and had the guy look at my brakes. I am currently at 32K miles. Apparently all my brake pads are shot and all my rotors need to be machined. For such an aerodynamic car, people always think I get such great mileage. I have the exact same gas mileage as my previous 4 door Jeep Cherokee - 19 miles per gallon. Also the sunroof rattles all the time.

So lucky I found this Car!
By onsteegirl on 06/25/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I needed a great used car and my salesman found this one that had low miles, chrome wheels, and a sun roof. Sounds cheesy, but every time I see my car, I am stoked to drive it! Looks awesome and I've gotten many compliments. Rides great, quick pickup when entering highways. Has a roomy backseat that my friends said was more comfortable than they expected.

Great Car!
By Birdman on 03/05/08 15:28 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in an 05 Corvette Coupe for this car, due to relocation and change of jobs. (Yeah-huge task of competing with a Vette!) But seriously, this car has beat all my expectations. The gas mileage is great! I bought the electric blue color, and love it. I knew it would be an adjustment going from a vette, to a G6, but this car has made it pretty easy! Im very pleased with the way it drives and handles, and the leather seats (in my opinion) are better than the vettes were! Very Happy!! and i would recommend!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.