Used 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Happy with my Pontiac
By tad0729

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Pontiac for almost two years now and have had no issues with the car. It runs well, has power, and is fun to drive.

My average gas mileage is about 22 miles per gallon which is decent considering that fact that this is a 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine. With almost 95K miles on my car, stills runs perfectly.

I hate this car!!!!
By nicole4442

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy a pontiac again, or refer anyone to buy one.
It's no wonder they are out of buisness.
I bought this car brand new in late 2006 and I have had nothing but problems with it.
I've had to replace all of the tires twice, the brakes twice, the blinker, the headlights, and fuel pump.
I've had to fix the A/C and the A/C is out again already.
I've had to get a new battery three times, and had to replace the starter.
I could go on and on with things that have had to be replaced. People always think I get such great gas mileage but I only get about 19 miles per gallon.
This car has cost me so much money.
Do not buy this car!

No wonder Pontiac is out of Business...
By starlette46

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would never buy one of these cars again, or refer anyone to buy one. I bought the car in March of 2010 with 30k miles on it. It was previously a leased car so I know the maintenance was kept on it. I replaced the tires, brakes, rotors all within a few months of owning the car. Pretty soon I replaced the water pump, tranny cooler lines, intermediate steering shaft, electric steering module, and some oil cooler lines. Just last week I had my car in the service department at my work, and all of my head gaskets needed to be machined and replaced, oil was leaking everywhere!! It was horrible, if I did not have an extended warranty if would have cost me close to $6,000 total for all of the work!

I like the way the coupe and convertible models look, but thats about it.

There are way too many to name. I work for a General Motors dealership and I would never buy another GM car after seeing all the things that go wrong with them in the shop.

Hate this car!
By Hate this car!!

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in '07. I LOVED it until winter came. This car does not hold to the road in snow or rain. It is DANGEROUS! I drive 88 miles each day and dread winter because I know my life will be spent in the car driving 20 miles/hour so that I do not wreck. At 72,000 miles today, I have had to replace the brakes, rotors, and now I have a leak somewhere between the sunroof and floor board. (Car flooded overnight during rainstorm- what a nightmare to wake up to!) Interior is cheap, cheap, cheap! Take my advice- choose a different car!

Fun to drive in the summer. Handles nicely when no precipitation on the road.

Where to begin?

(3.9L 6cyl 6M)
By no its a secret

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks and power. The 3.9 has power at all rpm. The clutch shifts smooth. Mine has the sun and sound pkg, premium pkg, Performance pkg (3.9 HO 6 speed manual) Crimson red and Taupe leather

The 6 speed. Overall exterior. The Taupe leather seats.

The coupe could really use a backup camera.