Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Overall Good Car
By vmalo

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it.

:0(
It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since.
We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems.
We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price.
We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires.
We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town.
We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more.
The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph.
No one has found a cause yet.
Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

It gets decent mpg and looks good. We bought the cheap value leader so there really wasn't much to brag about. It works, gets me where I need to be, that's all I really care about.

Other than the barely noticeable rattle from 40->50, I have no complaints.

Good car for little cost
By mjswan

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought mine used for a song. Perfect car for commuting 25 miles with mostly LA freeway traffic. Gas mileage is very good if you drive reasonably. In the first year I put on 35,000 miles and hav no complaints about quality or drivability. My wife thinks it looks better than most of the smaller sedans on the road--it doesn't look like everything else out there. Overall a very underrated car.

You can buy them pretty cheap, good mileage, fairly comfortable.

Radio can't be replaced with after- market unless you want to lose the engine info, fuel mileage, outside temp, etc. The six speed transmission on the new ones would be nice, but the four speed certainly does the job.

This Car Saved My Husband's Life
By Denise

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read numerous bad reviews on the G-6, but I have to say I truly believe this car is the reason my husband is still alive. He was almost run off the road by another vehicle trying to move into his lane on the interstate causing him to lose control, hit a guardrail and flip one and half times. The car is a complete loss of course, but my husband walked away with one stitch in his elbow and an abrasion on his hand. The interior cabin (except for the airbag and the windshield busting out) was completely untouched. Everyone including the employee at the junk yard could not believe my husband walked away. I will miss my pretty blue car but I will forever be grateful it saved his life.

Safety and style

Horrible Ride 4 college student
By Brandon

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Im a college student so i needed a reliable ride! This was definitely NOT what i was expecting. Car was good at first then became extremely horrible. Kept up with the maintenance but the stupid POWER REDUCED spell kicked in anyway! Ended up trading for Nissan Sentra and will never look at an American car the same way!!

Style, Mpg display, pretty good gas

basically became a dead weight to me, no aux like my nissan