2007 Pontiac G6 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/1SV Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Value Leader Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/1SV)

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Overall Good Car
By vmalo on 12/23/11 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it. :0( It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane on 10/26/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since. We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems. We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price. We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires. We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town. We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more. The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph. No one has found a cause yet. Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

Good car for little cost
By mjswan on 07/07/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought mine used for a song. Perfect car for commuting 25 miles with mostly LA freeway traffic. Gas mileage is very good if you drive reasonably. In the first year I put on 35,000 miles and hav no complaints about quality or drivability. My wife thinks it looks better than most of the smaller sedans on the road--it doesn't look like everything else out there. Overall a very underrated car.

This Car Saved My Husband's Life
By Denise on 06/30/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read numerous bad reviews on the G-6, but I have to say I truly believe this car is the reason my husband is still alive. He was almost run off the road by another vehicle trying to move into his lane on the interstate causing him to lose control, hit a guardrail and flip one and half times. The car is a complete loss of course, but my husband walked away with one stitch in his elbow and an abrasion on his hand. The interior cabin (except for the airbag and the windshield busting out) was completely untouched. Everyone including the employee at the junk yard could not believe my husband walked away. I will miss my pretty blue car but I will forever be grateful it saved his life.

Horrible Ride 4 college student
By Brandon on 12/25/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Im a college student so i needed a reliable ride! This was definitely NOT what i was expecting. Car was good at first then became extremely horrible. Kept up with the maintenance but the stupid POWER REDUCED spell kicked in anyway! Ended up trading for Nissan Sentra and will never look at an American car the same way!!

I Love my G6!
By Michelle on 04/14/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my G6 for almost two years and I love it! I paid for the extended warranty, just in case, and have never had to use it once. Rotate the tires, change the oil...that's it. My only complaint is the terrible wind noise when just the rear windows are down. It's awful! Just never do it and problem solved.

bad
By wayne on 05/12/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car so my wife would have a safe reliable car, this is the first car I ever purchased new, 3000 miles the dealership changed the oil and didn't put oil back in the engine, car broke down on interstate and had to be towed back. got no help from dealership and have since purchased a Honda Civic, do not buy a car like this it is cheap, and not reliable

Get what you pay for
By Brent on 04/01/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded this car after 1 year. Couldn't get over the rough ride very cheap plastic bland interior. The front seats are hard as rocks and the drivers seat (not power) was horribly uncomfortable and actually put your legs to sleep. i always felt like i was in a cave while driving this car. Then the steering at 9,000 miles broke and that was it for me. Read past blogs about the major problem Pontiac is having with this crap steering system. i was not interested in keeping a car with abysmal ratings in my garage any longer. Went with Hyundai 09 sonata and so much happier. i also got 22 miles per gallon in the city with some highway driving here in Chicago and i am far from a lead foot.

Great car for the price
By buster on 03/08/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased value leader sedan. Sure, I want a better car but this is all I really need and with the rebates, no car is more affordable, no way. Has all the basic features, performs well even with the 4 cyl and is reliable.

Cushy Car!
By Robbia on 02/24/08 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Pontiac G6! It feels wonderful to ride in--a very cushy, soft ride. I have the Value Leader and am glad I didn't opt for the higher priced model, because this one is just perfect. All I added was the spoiler, which I like. Otherwise, this is a great car. It has a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder! I previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and thought I wouldn't find anything better, but this car is sweet with great styling, and gives the feeling a luxuriousness that the Firebird did not. I feel very mellow in this car.