2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
sporty yes, quality **NO**
By mattyvp on 07/23/14 00:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i dont know how to feel about my g6. (im more of an import person) i have an 07 GT with the 3.9 V6 (240 hp) it gives me many reasons to hate it but i cant! its got an extremely cheap dash and poor quality, but that engine and awesome styling makes me forget. i only have about 22,600 miles on mine and only 3,000 of those miles are from me, so nothing has gone wrong YET, but the g6's track record isn't promising! the car rattles to hell, and ive come to get used to it, but its semi rough ride enhances all the rattles. also when i pull into reverse the suspension squeaks and the car shakes, this is normal now but scary at first. it sounds like the maybe the tie-rods? they constantly go on these

Happy with my Pontiac
By tad0729 on 10/14/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Pontiac for almost two years now and have had no issues with the car. It runs well, has power, and is fun to drive. My average gas mileage is about 22 miles per gallon which is decent considering that fact that this is a 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine. With almost 95K miles on my car, stills runs perfectly.

as unreliable as a suzuki forenza!!!!!
By drivenitall80 on 03/25/13 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

horrible car, my gf had one when she moved in with me and even before she moved in it was constantly in the shop for engine problems, wierd noises, no ac, no heat, stalling, power loss, i bought my gf a jeep for her bday and now the worthless piece of GM sits in our driveway, were trying to sell it, otherwise we let family use it when they come stay with us, she bought the car for 8000 we put 12000 into it.

GM Night Mare
By wilfred63 on 01/25/13 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE A PONTIAC G6 GT HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE 1.Transmission repaired then Replaced 2. Exhaust system replaced 3 times 3. Waterpump replaced 4.Cable to XM needs replace 5. Top gromitts replace 2 times 6. Key Remote Replaced 13 times and even more 7. CrossOver Gasket Replaced coolant 8.Replac Rack-n-pion & outer tie rod ends (Thats why your going through tires GM WILL NOT HELP JUST KEEP YOU IN A CIRCLE THERE #1-866-790-5700 PROOF #21124 NUMBERS THEY GIVE YOU TO NOT HELP

I hate this car!!!!
By nicole4442 on 07/25/12 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy a pontiac again, or refer anyone to buy one. It's no wonder they are out of buisness. I bought this car brand new in late 2006 and I have had nothing but problems with it. I've had to replace all of the tires twice, the brakes twice, the blinker, the headlights, and fuel pump. I've had to fix the A/C and the A/C is out again already. I've had to get a new battery three times, and had to replace the starter. I could go on and on with things that have had to be replaced. People always think I get such great gas mileage but I only get about 19 miles per gallon. This car has cost me so much money. Do not buy this car!

Overall Good Car
By vmalo on 12/23/11 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a 2007 4-cylinder with 100,000 miles, mpg good (24 overall), good styling, interior design good although somewhat plasticky, seats uncomfortable, driver's seat motor broke, had $400 emissions issue, steering wheel clunks (dealer says sterring wheel teeth worn, $400, Buicks have same problem), but other than that no major issues, relatively reliable, paint scratches easily, trunk doesn't pop up. Resale value is scary, my trade-in value is $5,000 and I bought car for $21,000 and it's only 4 years old (but miles are high, though). I owe $10,000, so..... s-t-u-c-k with it. :0( It would be a good car to buy used even though Pontiacs aren't made anymore.

Great car that hasn't let us down
By olivemcclane on 10/26/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new back in 2007 and it has been great ever since. We have 63k+ miles on it and have not had any problems. We bought the value leader with no frills (e.g. no cruise) at a very reasonable price. We have only had oil changes and recently a transmission flush and new tires. We get 30mpg with highway driving, 24mpg in town. We've had the car for 4 years and hope to keep it for many more. The only concern we have is the car rattles a bit when accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph. No one has found a cause yet. Overall it runs great and we are really happy with it.

Not terrible but I wouldn't consider this car a winner.
By rocosoco on 10/20/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 50k miles on it. Steering problem which the dealer fixed. The XM Radio transmitter on the roof leaks sometimes into my light and sunroof button and onto my shifter. Overall poorly build on the inside. The mechanics seem fine for now, no major problems...at 76k miles now. I'll probably keep it until it dies...maybe I'll be able to get it up to 120k...that would be ideal. Nice cheap car, but I should have done more research and I probably would have bought another car if I did...

The future freaks me out.
By pontiacg607 on 10/08/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way my G6 looks. Otherwise, the car make me nervos. My steering has made that infamous clunking noise since I bought it, but when I bought it, the car was already out of warranty, so I just live with it. At this point, I don't even notice it anymore. I also had to stick a piece of cardboard inside my key fob because the part that holds the battery in place broke. The interior is cheap, but attractive. The car has nearly 82,000 miles on it and hasn't seriously let me down yet, but I am starting to get worried. I do have a wheel bearing going bad I think. I will keep this thing until it dies, but if I could do it over, I would do my research and buy something else.

Not perfect, but very good!
By sailorbeavis on 06/23/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one of these cars off-season last year, fully loaded with the Monsoon stereo, heated leather and low mileage on the 3.9L upgraded V6. This is my mother's "fun car," replacing a workhorse S10 pickup. We test drove all sorts of cars, and were looking at a Miata when I found this at a local dealership. She fell in love with it at first sight and after driving it, had to have it. This thing moves like a scalded cat and the touring suspension soaks up the bumps great, even with the 18" wheels. The transmission is smooth and you can "row" the automatic if you want. We got it as a CPO with extended warranty, to hedge against any mechanical or electrical gremlins.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.