Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Tim Holland

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 G6 sedan (base) brand new in 06, just came on the lot. I have had the car for 9 years and I have put 195,000 miles on my G6 and it's still going. The only major repairs was a leak in the gas tank ($800) and a new catalytic converter (at 190,000 miles for $1,000). Other than that, just normal maintenance. The paint has held up well and the the dash looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. I have owned 3 Toyotas and 2 Nissans, and again, this is the best car I have ever owned. It has never broken down or left me stranded, and again...very low maintenance costs. On top of that, I average around 22 mph in the city and on the hwy I still get up to 35 mph (higher than what the manufacturer rates). The "design", although 9 years old, is still in "style". It's a fun car to drive and own. Maybe I was just lucky and got a "great" one, but I am thinking of buying another one when I hit 200,000.

Born to run
By fcpride

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own a couple of GM products. I love putting the top down. In my stable currently is three convertibles and a T-Top. I was interested in the G6 because of the hardtop convertible aspect and the car has some nice appeal on the outside. I have owned it for a couple of months now. Since it is a hardtop, I drive it everyday with out weather worries. I have owned plenty of muscle cars in my life span. This prior knowledge gives me some view points on this G6. I will start with the favorite features.

Two things are a plus. The hardtop convertible is nice. I love the way it operates. The stance of the car is GT worthy. It handles OK for a GT but not really a GT performer. I have a Firebird GT and that is a GT performer. For the slot that the G6 is targeted to, it does fine. The interior is roomy enough for a coupe GT. I am over 6 feet and do not have any problems. My family is able to ride along, 5 of us with out any problems of other GTs that I own. The seats are very adjustable, which aides in the room for various amounts of passengers. The power is average. It performs when asked to move out. Just not a head jerky G-Force experience. I do like the hardtop convertible best of all. Nice

I displays cheap in a big way. Look anywhere in the car and you think VW JETTA. It is plastic to the max. Pontiac could have a home run with this if they would come out of the GM box..TOO Late now.! The parts that make the hardtop work look like parts on a kids toy. I pray that they last. They are plastic also. No kidding. GM thinking. The ground clearance is low for a car with 18 inch tires. Another thing I am not looking forward too. The power is not 18 inch worthy. the steering does not relay the feel of the road to your hands. Its bark is much louder than its bite. To improve up the horsepower by 15 and give it some punch out of the hole, then put the GT in big letters.

sporty yes, quality **NO**
By mattyvp

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i dont know how to feel about my g6. (im more of an import person) i have an 07 GT with the 3.9 V6 (240 hp) it gives me many reasons to hate it but i cant! its got an extremely cheap dash and poor quality, but that engine and awesome styling makes me forget. i only have about 22,600 miles on mine and only 3,000 of those miles are from me, so nothing has gone wrong YET, but the g6's track record isn't promising! the car rattles to hell, and ive come to get used to it, but its semi rough ride enhances all the rattles. also when i pull into reverse the suspension squeaks and the car shakes, this is normal now but scary at first. it sounds like the maybe the tie-rods? they constantly go on these

i LOVE this cars aggressive, sharp, playful styling. it just looks so good, mines black and when its all waxed and polished, there's literally no better looking car. (in my eyes lol.) the handling is rather tight and sporty, but its very choppy sometimes. the monsoon stereo is pretty decent, but there's no aux so it almost pointless. i love the engine and the growl it makes. its a very worthy power plant and gets it moving pretty quickly. the interior is very large, meaning i can fit me and three other passengers very comfortably, EVEN WITH THE TOP UP!

if Pontiac were still around, things that could have been changed is the entire interior. god some of the worst ergonomics ive ever seen. its a disgusting plastic mish-mash made out of the same materials as the water bottle in the misplaced cup holder. the A/C vents constantly have condensation and drip water on the hazards button and the radio. ive read that its common that it causes damage to the electronics. THE SUPER LOUD RATTLES NEVER STOP!! the leather on my seat is worn, the seat bolsters leather seems to have just rubbed off. The seats are rather hard but good for when your driving spiritedly, and when you are driving spiritedly you will find you getting 12/13 mpg, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

Happy with my Pontiac
By tad0729

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Pontiac for almost two years now and have had no issues with the car. It runs well, has power, and is fun to drive. My average gas mileage is about 22 miles per gallon which is decent considering that fact that this is a 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine. With almost 95K miles on my car, stills runs perfectly.

as unreliable as a suzuki forenza!!!!!
By drivenitall80

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

horrible car, my gf had one when she moved in with me and even before she moved in it was constantly in the shop for engine problems, wierd noises, no ac, no heat, stalling, power loss, i bought my gf a jeep for her bday and now the worthless piece of GM sits in our driveway, were trying to sell it, otherwise we let family use it when they come stay with us, she bought the car for 8000 we put 12000 into it.

nothing, i mean its cute to look at but just not worth the money you need to fix it

everything in the definition of reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!