Used 2006 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Best car yet!
By jpontiac

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was the 4th car I have owned, and I was warned always to not buy this brand because of the way pontiacs usually turn out to be, But I love my car! its by far my favorite and im pretty sure I will drive this car until it just wont go anymore! I just love the way it drives and the way it handles, also its very spacious and great to take on long trips! The people who are having many problems are victims of cars that were not maintained and to be honest the way that they drive. If you drive it easy it will last you forever :)

The 6 disc cd changer is great! And also the sunroof :D 27 mpg most of the time!

Better remotes for the doors numorous problems with it needing reprogramming.

Excellent purchase
By cbc1327

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006.
This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years.
I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle.
Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors.
Have had a wheel bearing replaced.
Very pleased with this car.
Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.

Main problem: Passenger side head light
By nt1078

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 G6 sedan for two years. Drove my long commute to and from work each day reliably and comfortably. Main problem with these cars is the passenger side headlight. GM used a sub quality harness which plugs the headlight assembly into the main harness. It overheats and melts (if yours hasn't yet, it will) Best thing to do is bypass the plug wiring in your own spade connectors. Headlight ground went on it too, had to wire my own. Wish there was a recall on this. Sometimes I get a check engine light which is accompanied by hard shifts. It clears up on its own. Drivers door seal leaks water. Other than that, just brakes and normal ware items. Overall car is very reliable.

Comfortable seats, roomy interior, good sound system. Gauge layout is clear and interior controls are well placed. Exterior is attractive and sporty. Performance is good, even the Ecotech four cyl! Fuel economy is good and I like the way it handles.

Trunk entry is very shallow, can barely fit a cooler or luggage in the opening. Once you get past the entry trunk is deep enough to fit lots. Above mentioned headlight problem is dangerous. Hope GM does the right thing and issue a recall for this. Door seals leak water, what's up with that?

Wonderful Car
By clomregcik

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If I didn't know much about used cars I wouldn't like this one.
I have had some issues, but nothing that wasn't expected out of a vehicle with over 100,000 miles that wasn't maintained properly.
Everything still works on it, and nothing major has gone bad.
The most I've had to do was replace back rotors and brake pads after I got it because they had been let go for way too long. It's a joy to drive, the perfect balance of feedback and comfort.
It has a good pick up to it, and wouldn't have any issues at highway speeds if I didn't have a bent wheel (aftermarket wheels).
Even for not being maintained this car is surprisingly sturdy and is still running strong.

201 HP Monsoon stereo system Selectable shift automatic transmission Nice quality leather Stylish chrome interior accents

Great car
By rockchick

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 for about 3 years with about 32,00 miles on it. I have about 99,000 miles on it now. I've had a few minor issues but nothing major and nothing compared to the issues described in a lot of the reviews. I love my car, it drives great, handles great and sounds amazing!

Sun-roof, sound system and the overall way that it looks

While I haven't had anything major go wrong with my car, the minor issues I've had has been with the radio. I have the 6-disc cd player, it's been replaced once about a year and a half ago and now isn't working again so instead of paying $400 to have the same radio put in I'm going to get an after market radio, but bc all the car info is on the radio screen I need to spend an extra $180 to get an in dash kit to be able to have all of my car info (gas mileage, oil life, miles, etc)