2006 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
great car for a better price
By bigmatt87 on 03/21/12 01:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

since people that dont know about cars are scared to buy pontiacs, this car is cheap. i got mine with 64k miles and ive put 3k on it. love this car. not great on gas due to gearing but i put an intake on it and it helps. love the handling. its firm but not uncomfortable. engine is amazing other then the electronic throttle...not a fan. i like my throttle cable just fine and didnt see a need for electronic. everything works great and this car is just so pretty.

P.O.S. please dont buy. JUNK!!!!
By thirst234 on 03/02/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 g6, I've had it about almost 2 yrs now. I've changed the brakes and rotors 6 times already, I've had 4 aligments done, I've had to replace some kind of sensor, had to replace tie rod and wheel bearings twice on passenger side, and the biggest thing is about a week ago i find out i need to replace my steering column and a intermediate shaft. With all the money i put into this car i could of paid it off by now or bought a new one... I've read a lot of reviews and everyone is having these same issues with their cars. So if enough of us write to the headquaters maybe they'll put out a recall like the other company's have. DONT BUY THIS CAR, ITS A MONEY PIT.

Warning!!!!!
By jed_460 on 07/25/11 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is by far the worst car I have ever owned. At 47,000 miles i had my 2nd pair of rotors put on. At 50,000 I had struts replaced. At 70,000 my cd player went out. At 75,000 My transmission needed to be rebuilt along with the catalytic converter and all of the o2 sensors. It seems like every time I have fixed it; it breaks down again. This could just be my experience but I would not wish this on anyone. I am at about $4,000 in repairs and the car is only worth about $5,000.

Great car
By trav8600 on 03/17/11 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 g6 gtp sedan 3 yrs ago with 49,000 miles. I now have 80,000 miles. My breaks needed changed after awhile and I put the best ceramic pads on and cheaper rotors. Had loud squeky brakes til I put acid wheel cleaner on the rotors to get the glaze off. Wheel bearing hub assembly went out around 60k on front passenger was $120 to fix myself wasnt hard. Thats the only thing thats gone wrong. Get your transmission fluid and filter change at 50k and every 30k after. Its only $80. Changed spark plugs today cost $44.88 dealer reccomends changing at 100,000 miles but mine were definitly due at 75,000. Use the oem ac delco plugs "iridium". Replace all parts with acdelco or you will have prob

Please Dont Buy
By jefferywayne on 03/09/11 06:02 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

this car is fast and fast to break down. problems started as early 30k mi. the water pump was the first to go. that was wierd cause the car was new.then after that it was the battery. mind you that every part that i took i replaced with the top of the line parts available. i finally came up with the rasio that for every 1 new part put on the car 3 more parts broke. then the lower control arm snapped.wheel hub assemply went out. oil drain plug decomposed and the list continues. from transmission shifting hard to total loss of horsepower and deallights failing. just dont buy the car. when it works the car is gorgious and fast.

A real winner, returning it when the lease was up was very painful.
By delta125 on 01/14/11 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We had the top of the line G6. The GTP. This car stood out. Everything about it was spectacular, the power, Panoramic sunroof, seats, cabin styling, really showed how Pontiac was building some great cars to really compete and make people happy toward the end of its life. Overall, great car. Worth the money.

Buyer Beware!
By Worst Car I've Owned on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Pontiac G6 for almost 5 years. Very disappointing and lots of maintenance issues beginning at 12,000 mi. Engine, electronic steering, wheel, and paint issues. Very cheap interior plastic parts that continue to break or pop off, condensation in headlight, and now CD player has quit working altogether. I take care of the cars I buy but this one has been non-stop repair bills.

Uh oh
By Holly on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. Replaced mirror covers several times. Uncontrollably shakes while breaking. Clicking sound when turning and now with 61,000 miles on it my engine smells of burning and a metal rubbing sound with acceleration. Highly upset and do not recommend to anyone.

I bought a lemon
By donna on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car 3/2006, brand new, and I have experienced several problems with this car. 2 years ago there was a loud noise coming from the engine and I went to the dealer on 3 occasions and eventually they fixed it. This Saturday while driving, the car just stopped with no warning, in the middle of traffic, on Crenshaw Blvd. I complained to the corporate office the 1st time about the noise and complained about it this time. I was told by the dealer that the engine was frozen and that I needed to pay for them to take the engine apart to see what was wrong. I paid for an extended warranty and smartcare, and I am still being held responsible. I did everything that I was supposed to do. Danger!

"Love My G6!!!"
By Love My Pontiac on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my G6 for almost 2 years. I still love it. It has great performance,acceleration, and handles curves extremely well. I get around 26 mpg on the highway. Hint: Use a product called STP gas treatment at every other fill up and you will increase your mpg. I can't imagine another car I would rather have. The only thing I would change is the cloth seats, I would rather have the leather ones, they are much more comfortable and durable, but these clean up pretty easy using Blue Coral.. Happy driving!