2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
great little car
By rgebo5150 on 12/08/14 06:29 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my G6 and so far it's a good car. Only problems I have so far is my stereo cuts out alot and it's just the front speakers that do this and the other is that if I'm going 55 mph my rpms are at 3000. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just my little 4 cylinder? That seems high and would get better gas mileage if it was lower. Would love to hear if yours is the same way.

2006 Pontiac g6 GT
By dnikole on 11/14/13 14:32 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My mother bought this car in 2008 I believe, and gave it to me about 2 years ago for better mpg. It was perfectly fine never had a problem. Then everything started to go wrong. The passenger headlight went out, the CD player stopped ejecting the CDs, the brakes squeak no matter what, I've already tried to fix it multiple times, and my power steering just recently went out almost caused me to wreck, scared the living daylights out of me. I didn't even have all these problems with my 87' IROC.

Best car yet!
By jpontiac on 08/12/13 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was the 4th car I have owned, and I was warned always to not buy this brand because of the way pontiacs usually turn out to be, But I love my car! its by far my favorite and im pretty sure I will drive this car until it just wont go anymore! I just love the way it drives and the way it handles, also its very spacious and great to take on long trips! The people who are having many problems are victims of cars that were not maintained and to be honest the way that they drive. If you drive it easy it will last you forever :)

Excellent purchase
By cbc1327 on 03/11/13 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006. This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle. Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors. Have had a wheel bearing replaced. Very pleased with this car. Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.

Main problem: Passenger side head light
By nt1078 on 10/19/12 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 G6 sedan for two years. Drove my long commute to and from work each day reliably and comfortably. Main problem with these cars is the passenger side headlight. GM used a sub quality harness which plugs the headlight assembly into the main harness. It overheats and melts (if yours hasn't yet, it will) Best thing to do is bypass the plug wiring in your own spade connectors. Headlight ground went on it too, had to wire my own. Wish there was a recall on this. Sometimes I get a check engine light which is accompanied by hard shifts. It clears up on its own. Drivers door seal leaks water. Other than that, just brakes and normal ware items. Overall car is very reliable.

Wonderful Car
By clomregcik on 08/17/12 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If I didn't know much about used cars I wouldn't like this one. I have had some issues, but nothing that wasn't expected out of a vehicle with over 100,000 miles that wasn't maintained properly. Everything still works on it, and nothing major has gone bad. The most I've had to do was replace back rotors and brake pads after I got it because they had been let go for way too long. It's a joy to drive, the perfect balance of feedback and comfort. It has a good pick up to it, and wouldn't have any issues at highway speeds if I didn't have a bent wheel (aftermarket wheels). Even for not being maintained this car is surprisingly sturdy and is still running strong.

Great car
By rockchick on 07/14/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 for about 3 years with about 32,00 miles on it. I have about 99,000 miles on it now. I've had a few minor issues but nothing major and nothing compared to the issues described in a lot of the reviews. I love my car, it drives great, handles great and sounds amazing!

Please do not waste your money
By mel1105 on 07/12/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 3.5 years now and have dumped over $3,000 in repairs in the last 24 months into it with replacing wheel bearings, strut mounts, brake pads & rotors, calipers etc etc etc. I wish I had someone warn me prior to purchase on the money pit this car actually is. Please take note of this if you are considering.

ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES EVER MADE!!!!
By scholar65 on 06/18/12 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am not one to write reviews but I have to write a review on this car. I hate I ever bought this car. Unreliable is an understatement. After about 3 months the car began to shift hard. Had that fixed (so called), and about 9 months after that it is doing the same thing. Had brakes and rotors done on a car I haven't even had over a year. My rotors were rusted for some reason. I have a camry that I've had for 10 years and never experienced rusted rotors but I digress. Point blank, stay away from buying this car. It is a POT (Piece Of Trash)

P.O.S. please dont buy. JUNK!!!!
By thirst234 on 03/02/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 g6, I've had it about almost 2 yrs now. I've changed the brakes and rotors 6 times already, I've had 4 aligments done, I've had to replace some kind of sensor, had to replace tie rod and wheel bearings twice on passenger side, and the biggest thing is about a week ago i find out i need to replace my steering column and a intermediate shaft. With all the money i put into this car i could of paid it off by now or bought a new one... I've read a lot of reviews and everyone is having these same issues with their cars. So if enough of us write to the headquaters maybe they'll put out a recall like the other company's have. DONT BUY THIS CAR, ITS A MONEY PIT.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.