Used 2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

My Last General Motors Vehicle Purchase EVER!
By gmletmedown06

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3.5L with 40,000mi in 2/2007. At the time, I wanted to invest in a GM model vehicle because I wanted to stand by American made cars. Well, sad to say, that I will never purchase another GM vehicle in my lifetime. I can't even count on one hand how often I had to service the brakes, rotors, ball joints, headlights, and tail lights. Just recently I received a recall notice. When I took it in to have it serviced, there was not only 1 recall, as it was stated on the notice, but 3!!! So sad what the American car has become. My odometer just hit 151,000mi and the transmission is starting to go. Time to explore the foreign market!

Sleek body design. Aero-dynamic type looks. Powerful V6 3.5L engine.

Bring automakers back to the US and build decent quality vehicles!!!!

great little car
By rgebo5150

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my G6 and so far it's a good car. Only problems I have so far is my stereo cuts out alot and it's just the front speakers that do this and the other is that if I'm going 55 mph my rpms are at 3000. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just my little 4 cylinder? That seems high and would get better gas mileage if it was lower. Would love to hear if yours is the same way.

2006 Pontiac g6 GT
By dnikole

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My mother bought this car in 2008 I believe, and gave it to me about 2 years ago for better mpg. It was perfectly fine never had a problem. Then everything started to go wrong. The passenger headlight went out, the CD player stopped ejecting the CDs, the brakes squeak no matter what, I've already tried to fix it multiple times, and my power steering just recently went out almost caused me to wreck, scared the living daylights out of me. I didn't even have all these problems with my 87' IROC.

Best car yet!
By jpontiac

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was the 4th car I have owned, and I was warned always to not buy this brand because of the way pontiacs usually turn out to be, But I love my car! its by far my favorite and im pretty sure I will drive this car until it just wont go anymore! I just love the way it drives and the way it handles, also its very spacious and great to take on long trips! The people who are having many problems are victims of cars that were not maintained and to be honest the way that they drive. If you drive it easy it will last you forever :)

The 6 disc cd changer is great! And also the sunroof :D 27 mpg most of the time!

Better remotes for the doors numorous problems with it needing reprogramming.

Excellent purchase
By cbc1327

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006. This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle. Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors. Have had a wheel bearing replaced. Very pleased with this car. Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.