Used 2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl
By tb24336

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My car leaks all the time. I had to replace new front brakes and front roators already twice. I have own the car less than 2 years!! When I turn my left wheel it makes a odd clicking noise. Also, when putting the car in reverse. The shifter gets stuck!!

Favorite Features

Car drives okay. Has good pick up speed!!

Suggested Improvements

Don't make gm cars if there going to be built like junk.

Great car
By rockchick

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 for about 3 years with about 32,00 miles on it. I have about 99,000 miles on it now. I've had a few minor issues but nothing major and nothing compared to the issues described in a lot of the reviews. I love my car, it drives great, handles great and sounds amazing!

Favorite Features

Sun-roof, sound system and the overall way that it looks

Suggested Improvements

While I haven't had anything major go wrong with my car, the minor issues I've had has been with the radio. I have the 6-disc cd player, it's been replaced once about a year and a half ago and now isn't working again so instead of paying $400 to have the same radio put in I'm going to get an after market radio, but bc all the car info is on the radio screen I need to spend an extra $180 to get an in dash kit to be able to have all of my car info (gas mileage, oil life, miles, etc)

Main problem: Passenger side head light
By nt1078

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 G6 sedan for two years. Drove my long commute to and from work each day reliably and comfortably. Main problem with these cars is the passenger side headlight. GM used a sub quality harness which plugs the headlight assembly into the main harness. It overheats and melts (if yours hasn't yet, it will) Best thing to do is bypass the plug wiring in your own spade connectors. Headlight ground went on it too, had to wire my own. Wish there was a recall on this. Sometimes I get a check engine light which is accompanied by hard shifts. It clears up on its own. Drivers door seal leaks water. Other than that, just brakes and normal ware items. Overall car is very reliable.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, roomy interior, good sound system. Gauge layout is clear and interior controls are well placed. Exterior is attractive and sporty. Performance is good, even the Ecotech four cyl! Fuel economy is good and I like the way it handles.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk entry is very shallow, can barely fit a cooler or luggage in the opening. Once you get past the entry trunk is deep enough to fit lots. Above mentioned headlight problem is dangerous. Hope GM does the right thing and issue a recall for this. Door seals leak water, what's up with that?

Excellent purchase
By cbc1327

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006. This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle. Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors. Have had a wheel bearing replaced. Very pleased with this car. Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.

2006 Pontiac g6 GT
By dnikole

2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My mother bought this car in 2008 I believe, and gave it to me about 2 years ago for better mpg. It was perfectly fine never had a problem. Then everything started to go wrong. The passenger headlight went out, the CD player stopped ejecting the CDs, the brakes squeak no matter what, I've already tried to fix it multiple times, and my power steering just recently went out almost caused me to wreck, scared the living daylights out of me. I didn't even have all these problems with my 87' IROC.